* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lower Alde drops or Rid of Alde.
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Lower Alde drops or Rid of Alde.

As we've seen Alde castle is for "non-trans" only, Notice I quoted it. Anyways, from what I've seen in this non-trans woe, is meritocracy. Why are people awarded full rewards from treasure chests when Trans characters get the same prize for working harder, and putting more time into each character. Of course non-trans can also enter trans woe, ally with another guild and attempt to take over any castle to lower economy, but Trans cannot. Is it fair for the hard working trans to loose their economy to people that they cannot fight against or at least enter their 'home'? Most people would say "make a non-trans", its an obvious solution, but when you're busy training your main you hardly want to go back to being a lower level. The Non-trans knowing this just get stronger knowing trans are too busy with their own mains. I've seen the alde castle drop as high as 12 Chests. When was the last time a Trans castle has reached that? I believe the drops should be lowered or we should get rid of alde.

P.S.:This is not a flame topic.

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 07:29 PM by SwiftStrike.)
06-11-2007 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

RE: Lower Alde drops or Rid of Alde.

This poll is unfair..
I vote no to lowering drops or getting rid of it..
but It's not that transcendant WoE is harder either.

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 08:31 PM by Lucky Day.)
06-11-2007 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Since everything on this topic is beaten down to the bone already in the previous, Namin? will only comment on the statistical design of this poll and how it is already biased.

If a poll has an odd number of choices, then one of those choices should provide a neutral stance, or else it's skewed to promote the side where there are more options than the other. It's already asking voters to vote for the side with more options. Secondly, the wording on the last option is again providing hidden meanings. "trans woe is hard" itself implies that those who pick that option is in inferior position to those who choose the other two, thus asking people to only choose the other options as well.

Flawed poll to begin with on a dead topic...

EDIT: Exactly, Ms. Lucky Day... exactly...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 08:38 PM by Namine.)
06-11-2007 08:32 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Namine Wrote:If a poll has an odd number of choices, then one of those choices should provide a neutral stance, or else it's skewed to promote the side where there are more options than the other. It's already asking voters to vote for the side with more options.

Its asking to lower drops or Get ride of alde, does it say

Option 1: Drop Alde
Option 2: Drop Alde

obviously not. It is also neutral in a sense, considering if you vote "no, trans woe is too hard" you are voting for no change. You could argue that more people could side with "no..etc" because it is 1 pure vote, not 2 split votes. You do notice no one can see who votes? Not even me, the topic creator? So even my own guild could be against it and I wouldn't know, whose going to know you posted "no" unless you openly said it?

Namine Wrote:Secondly, the wording on the last option is again providing hidden meanings. "trans woe is hard" itself implies that those who pick that option is in inferior position to those who choose the other two, thus asking people to only choose the other options as well.

If non-trans are inferior, it is obviously inferior isn't it?
Namine Wrote:Flawed poll to begin with on a dead topic...

you posted a flawed argument on a 'flawed dead topic', flawed logic anyone?

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 09:04 PM by SwiftStrike.)
06-11-2007 08:39 PM
Stealth Offline
The Wind

ur no is cramped, why not just a "no change" ? i read the coting before the post when was kinda confused Icon_biggrin', had to read ur explaining about the no, trans woe is hard, but still didn't got the idea of the "trans woe is hard" on the no, anyway, poll is made for that, i still think, if u can, change that "no, trans woe is hard" to "no change" Icon_mrgreen

P.S.: 9 votes and 4 diff posters (with me) Icon_biggrin' strange

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
06-11-2007 09:07 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

were you fighting the GMs for the castle, Swift?

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
06-11-2007 09:10 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Stealth Wrote:ur no is cramped, why not just a "no change" ? i read the coting before the post when was kinda confused Icon_biggrin', had to read ur explaining about the no, trans woe is hard, but still didn't got the idea of the "trans woe is hard" on the no, anyway, poll is made for that, i still think, if u can, change that "no, trans woe is hard" to "no change" Icon_mrgreen

P.S.: 9 votes and 4 diff posters (with me) Icon_biggrin' strange

OK, I dont understand most of this but from what I get, if you want to feel better by changing a couple words go ahead, I proved my point, it is inferior, sorry to hurt non-trans feelings, and omg look 5 "no's" omg wtf thats so haxx, go ahead change it back to public view, I wouldnt be suprised to see alot of those votes from the same people, I already know who voted from my guild.

and. Wtf ryx?

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 09:12 PM by SwiftStrike.)
06-11-2007 09:11 PM
Stealth Offline
The Wind

Icon_biggrin' dude, it's not about feeling better, it's about being straight, and it's not about being inferior or superior, that's something obvious, trans r harder to make, r stronger than non trans, and yes, if there's a bunch of trans fighting trans, it makes things harder, but... why u fear the so-called inferior trans messing in ur castles? just pawn them and the problem is over, second, the server is getting lots of new players, can u think how frustating it can be to enter a castle full of transed + ekipped + experienced players?

P.S.: if u really think it's easy come and watch the woe, or atk the castle, or join the defenders...
Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
06-11-2007 09:35 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Here Stealth: for you in bold.

Of course non-trans can also enter trans woe, ally with another guild and attempt to take over any castle to lower economy, but Trans cannot. Is it fair for the hard working trans to loose their economy to people that they cannot fight against or at least enter their 'home'?

guild meaning anyone, like trans. And it is being 'straight, you proved the point yourself in your post, im not pointing that out, you pointed it out yourself.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 09:41 PM by SwiftStrike.)
06-11-2007 09:39 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Trans woe is about killing people. The emperium hardly plays a role, because it can be broken in 10 or 15 seconds. Without things like frenzy, it's much harder to do so. The whole game changes. Not only do you have to clear the emp room, you have to keep it cleared, because unless you bring several emp breakers, the defenders will have time to make it back to the room. Like Ryx implied, you didn't see how hard it was to break the emp when Hermes was spamming sanctuary. The only thing hard about trans woe is trying to do it without the added offensive power of a transed character.

Edit: Not gonna double post, but Swift's comment about "Alde defenders can ally with someone else and screw over the trans people" is only half the story. The trans people can easily create a new character, leech it to 90 in half a week, shove their gear onto it, and join the fray in Aldebaran. You lose the advantage of having trans vs nontrans, but you've still got your gear and your pvp experience. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you think it's an unfair monopoly, go over there and break it.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2007 09:45 PM by Force-Attuned Krogoth.)
06-11-2007 09:40 PM
Thread Closed