Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG points for Keys NPC
Keegan Offline

BG points for Keys NPC

Was wondering what people would think of a NPC that exchanged BG Keys directly for points.

I was thinking 1 key would equal 2 points (the same as a loss). This makes it for more efficient to actually do BG. Also was thinking that there should be a limit to how many keys can be exchange per hour or per day.

Find me in game on: Lord Kegs, Dreranus, Nalo, Arkhan, Alzealdon
04-07-2017 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: BG points for Keys NPC

It will be an incentive to chain diceBGs for free points.

Example:
Hourly BG;
4 Players -> 2 teams of 2;
Red vs Blue;
They dice, Red wins;
Red team makes 6+6 pts, Blue team makes 2+2pts;
One of the winner player buys a Key for your supposed 2 bg points, effectively resulting in Red Team 4+6pts gained;
Red 1ts player opens a new BG, gaining 1 pt;
they dice, Blue wins;
pts counter now is: Red 7+8, Blue 8+8
One of the Blue winner player buys a key for 2 pts, resulting in: Blue 6+8 pts
1ts blue player opens a new BG, gaining 1 pt;
they dice, Red wins, pts counter now is: Red 12+14, Blue 9+10;
the other guys from the winning team, the one who didnt opened its team's last bg, opens a new bg spending his points, so pts now are: Red 12+13, Blue 8+10;
they dice, Blue wins, so they are now Red 14+14, Blue 14+16;
The other guy from Blue team opens a new BG, so Blue team points results in 14+15;
...and so on.

Starting from an hourly BG and opening 4 BGs, considering 2 pts spent each opening to buy the supposed BG Key, a net total of 58 BG points are made, or 17 pts spread among 4 player each BG keyed.

To no be abusable or cheap, a BG key Must Cost something not less than 12 BG points, to be somehow imho profitable, or not more than 16 pts, to not be totally avoided.
You cant think to put BG Keys at 6 bg points cost, as the four players will open the BG in succession, so constantly alternating each player will gain a medium of 4.25 points each BG and they will spend those 6 points only once every four BGs (4.25x4-6=11 pts).
If the cost is 10, then a player after buyng his key will remain with 7 points, at cost 11 with 6 points, cost 12 with 5 points, 13->4, 14->3, 15->2, 16->1, 17 pts as cost: gain 0 points.

If the cost is 15 points, its like losing every bg and gain naturally 2 points. But thats infinite. Its infinite also with a cost of 16, as every four you'll be left with 1 point after buying your key. It will be slow as hell but infinite again. With a cost of 17 per key, it will be pointless as theres no gain now.

All this ipothesis within a perfect system made of exactly 4 players; is a fifth shows up, it will mess the succession as one of the original 4 players will be left out. But this system wil slowly gain more and more efficiency as the number of players in the teams increases, if the total number stay even.

Already with 6 players, rigorously alternating in buying keys for 16 bg pts and opening the fight, 3 vs 3, each bg will generate 7.16 points per player, and each player will have to buy a key for 16 point every 6 BGs, resulting in: 7.16x6-16=29.96 points per player each 6 bgs.

So what, increase che Key Cost to 40 points? it will be pointless in 4 and 6 and 8 players, but again with 10 players it will return to be profitable (again to 4.25 pts per fight, 4.25x10-40=2.5pts gained every 10 BG), perhaps extremely slow. (45~ minutes to gain 2.5 points, wow.)

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
04-07-2017 10:09 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Everything roger just said, except that is already doable with war points.

04-07-2017 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

I didnt touch war points because usually those are spent for other items.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
04-07-2017 01:06 PM
Keegan Offline

Sorry it was late and I guess I did not explain what I meant correctly.

I meant SPEND 1 BG key to get BG points. Basically use a key to lose at bg without having to have the other people there.

Find me in game on: Lord Kegs, Dreranus, Nalo, Arkhan, Alzealdon
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2017 01:58 PM by Keegan.)
04-07-2017 01:58 PM
Menace651 Offline

(04-07-2017 01:58 PM)Keegan Wrote:  Sorry it was late and I guess I did not explain what I meant correctly.

I meant SPEND 1 BG key to get BG points. Basically use a key to lose at bg without having to have the other people there.

So you just want an npc that will directly exchange keys for bg points without the cool down of an actual BG. Makes sense but I MO it seems like a waste of a key.

And just to add to the discussion, this isn't the only server that people abuse BG for easy points. Official BG is spammable without the use of keys and most of the time people just go in to afk or take turns helping each other farm. Trying to prevent people from doing so is a hopeless and losing battle especially on a server where there is a low population and there is a huge disparity among vets and newer players.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
04-07-2017 02:42 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Only thing you can really do to "prevent" abuse is that there is trade-off involved or that you are potentially "missing out" on other potential gains, like what Roger said for war points and items. You can totally use it to get more keys and do more dices to gain free points, but you are at least trading off potential self-buff scrolls and other goodies at it.

As for the actual suggestion, yes it's a "waste" of a key in terms of maximizing potential points, but it's more a trade off on reliance on other people for sake of points even if it's at a loss. So I definitely see a reason to it and don't think it's a waste at all. If GMs worry about this being treated as alternative currency, we can always consider putting a hard limit to trading for BG points this way (like only one trade per X hours to limit it like regular BG.)
04-08-2017 12:46 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

bro, just get to god tier mode and screw dice, 1 v 10 and win your points. I remember BGing at 50k each try with no keys available, still ranked in the top 5 without playing for a year or 2 now.
04-08-2017 02:02 PM