Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aaronock's RP Writings
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Aaronock's RP Writings

OOC: These events transpire after the events of Death of a Leader 04/22/2017.
---
The investigator, Adelaide Adlersflugel, had been pronounced dead at the Geffen Hospital. There weren’t too many inside the hospital room, but he, as nobleman, was there to hear the grave news. Emotions that had been held back now flurried throughout the space, it was not lost on even the master rogue. Even he experienced a sudden disbelief at the change of her condition. Selene Winterfield, wife of Adelaide, took charge over the room, sharing with them how she would now take over the Anti-Terrorism Task Force.

This bureaucracy mattered not one bit with Ezekiel. It felt odder that he was in a room of people, going by his birth name. He had only gained entry because he was one of the few to help bring her body across Geffen’s eastern fields to the hospital. It was he who did most of the work, growling and barking orders to stay away if anyone else had gotten too close. Whatever possessed him to act that way, he was the nobleman, he wasn’t meant to carry out such work. All that was forgotten to him while he carried out the task to bring her body back, at least it wasn’t in Eudoxie’s hands. He had shivered a few times only imagining the kinds of magical infliction she could have left. Bringing her home body back to regular civilization was better, even if it meant he acted more like the rogue over the nobleman in the whole affair.

Then he told himself, maybe things would have turned out differently had he not failed to find Eudoxie hours earlier.

The harshness of failure was not lost on the one currently calling himself Ezekiel Stalker. It was one of the first rules learned when climbing up the ranks of the Rogue’s Guild. Failure usually meant either your own life, and others were lost. The price this time just wasn’t Adelaide’s soul, so many lost their livelihoods and families and countless other things he couldn’t quite fathom. Geffen had to execute the Plan B to keep the forces of undead and spirits at bay. It brought reprieve from the monsters, but would isolate the city till the repairs could occur.

His body walked forward as close as he could to Adel’s bed in the crowded room. He stared at her tattered body and began to have a silent, personal conversation.

I am going to apologize ahead of time, I am not very good at handling these sorts of emotional affairs. However, I am…at a loss for how you lived out your wounds from the monstrous form of Kushiel, but pass from those inflicted by Eudoxie. Perhaps our bodies are meant to only take so much stress…

Stress that I am sure was more than just physical. Just how much of yourself did you give in your attempts to subdue both Ostellos and Eudoxie these past many months? I will never get the chance to ask you while alive in this world.

Tch, shit, should I not be asking how long I got if I keep going where I am? We do work in a similar fields afterall, your’s at least had rules that supposedly helped to protect you. I am without even that…

Another failure and what then? Hmph, probably dead.

And by the Gods, if there was one thing you loved, it was your stupid job. You probably did it for more than just the thrill of it, you did it for the same reasons I do. Inaction comes with its own consequences, and there’s an ideal world we strive for.

Adelaide, there is one thing I can promise you, I will do everything in my power to help you finish what you could not involving Eudoxie and Ostellos. This time, we make certain they can never come back once taken out at last.

At this point, Selene had begun to disperse the crowd in the room asking for time to be alone with Adelaide. This made sense, she was not only the wife, but co-worker afterall, and he was sure that there were many tasks involved with giving her a proper sendoff. Ezekiel wanted out of there anyway after staring at Adelaide’s battered body with his thoughts alone to occupy him. A few tears had begun to well up as he stepped through the door into the hospital hallway, it was best he vanished before anyone could see him all emotional. The last thing he wanted was anyone to notice. He pulled his bandanna he wore then closer to his eyes, held his head low and began to walk briskly away from Adelaide’s room. Soon he’d be back on the streets and able to hide away for a little while before returning to Prontera to brief King Ernst of his version of events.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 12:07 PM by Aaronock.)
04-23-2017 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-23-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-23-2017 11:58 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-25-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 05-24-2017, 09:40 PM