Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aaronock's RP Writings
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Aaronock's RP Writings

OOC: This story is still after the events detailed in Death of a Leader 04/22/2017, but after the post above. It is a conclusion to the first post in this topic.
---
"I should say, I am surprised you let me see you willingly." Ezekiel Stalker walked sheepishly into the Prontera hospital room before seating himself in one of the two wooden chairs spaced about the area. Only two days earlier had he been in Geffen's own hospital to hear the grave news that Adelaide had not lived the battle at Geffen.

Aaronock laid in the bed, and coughed repeatedly, "If I didn't, you'd have snuck in somehow to say or do whatever it is you wanted. So, it’d be pointless, but you have gall nonetheless. Was it worth it to stop me from fighting to protect my current home from the threat of Ostellos and Eudoxie, to repent at least a little for past sins?"

Ezekiel paused, part of him wanted to deflect the answer, but Aaronock did deserve an honest response, "...Yes, I still stand by that decision without regret. Repent for the past by fixing the cause, not the symptoms."

Aaronock blinked and turned his head towards the window. Small streams of light shed through the sheer curtains. "I hate that you're right, and I hate even more I couldn't yet still play a part days earlier. But I have been given some time to conjecture why you drugged me. Because of that, I can forgive you. In addition to that, I must extend my thanks at least for saving my research and the library books. Without that, there wouldn't be any chance for a fix to my Bifrost Project at the gates of Muspelheim." His hand waved at the direction of the materials that were brought to the hospital the night of their little scuffle.

After the Ethereal Engineer spoke, he coughed some more. Despite running an elevated temperature, he was beginning to look better than the other night. The sleep he had been getting was restoring his body. His hair was brushed, and the dark circles under his eyes had mostly dissipated. His tone when speaking had lost much of its vicious edge. "Are you sad that Adelaide is gone?"

Ezekiel was startled by the question, and he jumped in his chair. His head leaned over, "I cannot help but feel somehow responsible."

"C'mon! Why can't you ever be forthright about anything?" Aaronock shrugged after mentioning that and continued, "Even so, don't let it eat you alive, anyone who chose to stay at the city knew the risks. There were others to be eyes, ears, and hands in the battle. Finish this the way she, -Adelaide- would have wanted."

Ezekiel nodded, "I already made that decision. In relation to that, The Midgard Times has published an item list of sorts for a new toy that might be able to stop those mad spirits. However... I do not have any of the ingredients currently."

Aaronock gazed harshly at Ezekiel, and began rubbing his cheek. With a heavy breath he told the rogue, "I've looked at that list, Ezekiel, and I have a few theories as to what they are making. Most likely one of my them will be correct. And because of that, I must tell you - none of it is for YOU to touch, got it? I know you're all about bending and breaking the rules, but this time I'm serious. On this one thing, heed my words. It is NOT. For. You. Capiche?"

"Mind telling me your theories of what they are cooking then before I make a decision?"

"No, promise me. Promise me you won't touch or use whatever they create unless it is life or death for all of us."

Ezekiel rocked in the chair uncomfortably, it wasn't like Aaronock to not give answers. "Very well, that I can promise. I will not touch or utilize the thing these crazy magicians cook up unless as a final resort." The taller man in the bed seemed relieved after hearing that. Ezekiel, would be unable to forget the image of restfulness of the inventor lying half sick in his hospital bed. It would be important not to forget should he even consider breaking the vow he just made.

"Do not worry, no matter how brilliant Ostellos and Eudoxie might seem, they won't be able to come to the right conjectures about what those sages are planning. Since you promise, and I know you are good for your word," Aaronock then pointed over to his suitcase, "Take the key to my house from my vest, go to the workshop, and look in that olive-green metal cabinet. You will find more than enough 'Dark Pieces' inside. I was using it for my machine to melt Ostel...but that won't be necessary at all now."

As Ezekiel dug around Aaronock's belongings he asked, "By the way, where is Cream?"

"Oh, aha..." a cough came from the man on the bed as he was starting to drift off, "Mmm, he is gallavanting around and being social with the staff here. They like him, but they wouldn't feel that way if they lived with him."

"Thanks, I got some candy to drop off with him before I leave."

A yawn and then a final reply, "...Don't spoil him...too much..."

Ezekiel chuckled at the comment. With the key in hand he pulled out from his pocket some fancy chocolates he picked up from a chocolatier from the rich side of town before his arrival at the hospital. It was time to find the orange goo-ball and wrap up his time at his current location. Work was quickly piling up, and this was probably his final reprieve for a while. Things wouldn't be simple till Ostellos, Eudoxie, and now a fully powered Dark Lord were disposed of one way or another.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 12:04 PM by Aaronock.)
04-25-2017 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-23-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-23-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 04-25-2017 11:59 AM
RE: Aaronock's RP Writings - Aaronock - 05-24-2017, 09:40 PM