Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Essential Equipment to Hunt
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Essential Equipment to Hunt

I don't find orlean combo to be that attractive for support or pally. Faster devotion is nice but it's not too critical. Also hunting banshee is a lot more annoying now since people have moved on from nameless party to muspel event for exp. However it shouldn't be too bad for Sniper to make a SPC Comp bow, then just DS spam nameless 1+bwing once SP is out. Personally, I just opt for valk shields directly, but keep them at only +4 since I don't need the 2.1 def difference from +4 to +7 too badly, being a backline caster player.

As for farming stepping stone, it all depends on what you want at the end and work backward from there. You seem to be doing that already. Need valk shield -> need OAB+cursed water or orc skele -> anti-earth weapon, or anti-demihuman -> Burning Bow or BG -> Vadon. Orc skele, Vadon or BG are the dead ends where no gears are required, so those are the possible starting points. Of course, there's the option to "buy it" at every step. If the end result is too tough, then settle for something similar to stop at an earlier step.

OAB may be your top priority since OAB+Converter works for 5 elements for purpose of hunting minibosses. It's up to you if elemental bow/quad card comp bow is less bothersome than using converters *every* time or not, especially on smaller stuff where you prefer a longer hunting trip.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-06-2017 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spire Offline

Orleans server is dropped from Aliza I think. Which I have Keil unlocked on my sniper. (Hence why it seems a little more attainable).

Yes, I am working backwards, which seems to be working out for me so far. I know I'm going to want an Orleans glove [zerom] and possibly a harthroon [zerom] (Since it fills a bigger swath of characters acct slots).

Looking at it in that way helps a lot. I'm not just trying to gear my Paladin, by gearing up my sniper/clown/stalker I can hunt bigger game. And better stuffs.

OAB seems like an excellent suggestion. I'll definitely add it to the list.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
06-06-2017 10:37 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Right I was thinking of the orlean gown/robe instead... yeah Aliza is pretty simple and is easy to bwing back for SP. You may have lucky chance to pick up alice by luck there as well.

I find that OAB while is obviously best bow for most situation (and ToH), but the converter spam is tiring the moment you hunt small stuff where you would've gone infinite if only the bow doesn't require converters so much. Maybe I'm just lazy to hunt the 4 converter items as they are so annoying to get in masses...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-06-2017 10:45 AM
Spire Offline

I was kind of thinking I could abuse the ability for stalkers to cast aspersio. With the OAB I could probably do some serious damage to undead and dark types.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
06-06-2017 10:48 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(06-06-2017 10:48 AM)Spire Wrote:  I was kind of thinking I could abuse the ability for stalkers to cast aspersio. With the OAB I could probably do some serious damage to undead and dark types.

You'll have to also pick up Double Strafe to make it worth it honestly, because regular attacks with bow from Stalker are very very slow even with high agility stat. They just don't get great aspd from bows.

And to do that, you'll need a minimum of job level 56 to accomplish it (cause you need 55 skill pts to get Preserve + DS).

Even then, might be better ways to level a stalker solo at this juncture. Then for farming, same thing...you can probably do some better work with them just copying BB with the OAB instead. XD

In other words, you're probably better off using your sniper for this over stalker for farming Banshee solo. Their DPS is just that much higher with a bow over a Stalker's.

PS: I'm also biased against Bow Stalker. They are better in just about any other build but it. :<

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 01:56 PM by Aaronock.)
06-06-2017 01:55 PM