Poll: Should Costume Items be usable in GVG/BG/WoE?
This poll is closed.
Yes 16.67% 4 16.67%
No (Please Explain) 33.33% 8 33.33%
I have no opinion 29.17% 7 29.17%
I don't GVG, BG, or WoE 20.83% 5 20.83%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?

Hello heroes! As some of you know, we've had costume items existing since possibly 2015, but they are unobtainable currently. Their planned release is sometime later this year, along with the Fairyland Archipelago.

What are costumes, some may ask?

Costume Gears are purely aesthetic gears that replace your headgear sprite when equipped. They take a separate gear slot ("Costume" Upper, Middle, Lower, etc.), meaning you can have something like Ulle's Cap equipped, but you and everyone else will see whatever costume gear is equipped.

Things to note: Costumes are unrefinable and will not ever give or receive any kind of stat buff, boost, autobonus, enchant, etc. Providing absolutely no benefit, these will be usable by any class, at any level.

Due to certain points raised among the T&D team about their usability (or lack of) in GVG areas, I've decided to make this poll to ask:

Do you think Costume Gears should be usable in WoE, BG, or other GVG enabled areas?

If your answer happens to be no, please post to explain why!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-11-2017 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?

No, because in pvp/gvg should not be possible to hide certain gears.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
06-11-2017 06:25 PM
Keegan Offline

Personally don't care if you can use it in WoE and other PVPs, as I don't see how those gears being hidden would really change much. 70% of someones gear is already hidden not including cards (closer to 85% if you include cards), and many of the other slots are more important then headgear in PVP settings(ie. ghostring, marc, develing or gtb as examples). Besides even if you know what someone has carded in their headgear does not mean they don't have a second one (or even more) carded differently.

Find me in game on: Lord Kegs, Dreranus, Nalo, Arkhan, Alzealdon
06-11-2017 07:44 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Despite not really pvping much these days, I still think its a game aspect that everyone can see when you are switching around certain headgears. Granted, sometimes you could be switching between two of the same thing, but this is still an important aspect of gameplay to even deduce that sort of junks.

So would it de-equip your costumes similar to how your pet is put into its egg when entering PvP/GvG zones?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-11-2017 08:58 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

It'd be the same as with MVP Cards, God Items or Pet Eggs: The Item is unequipped upon entering the area.

06-11-2017 09:00 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I'm not a pvper at all, so I'll vote for "no opinion." I'm happy with however it goes. Let those who actually pvp decide the outcome of this one.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-11-2017 10:06 PM
Impa Offline
MYOB

For the people who wants this to be implemented in woe, pvp, gvg, i would like to know why, because i dont see then need of it

Namreg No1
06-11-2017 10:45 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

*reads choice again* i guess I should've voted for option 4 over 3 :x oh well

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-12-2017 12:31 AM
Haunted Offline

Certainly not. Costumes shouldn't be allowed even in the PvP arenas. The pvp aspect in this server is almost(?) completely dead (RIP), so the sad reality is that allowing costumes in pvp/gvg areas shouldn't affect the pvp gameplay much at this point.

However, knowing the head gears of the opponent is critical in many scenarios in any kind of pvp fights. As a basic example: if you have a low vit char -be it a sinx or stalker- wearing anti stun gear such as dark bashilium while hiding it under some kawaii cat costume or some other cute junk, they will have a great advantage since the opponent will never be sure whether to waste time/hp/sp to try to stun them using bash for example. While if I can see them switching from dark bashilum to another hat/wing I will know exactly what to do then (try to stun and kill them). This is just some basic example where knowing the headgear of the opponent is important for pvp play. There are so many other scenarios.

Also, as Impa said, what's the need to have costumes implemented in pvp related areas of the game?

Players with no experience in pvp will definitely be indifferent or voting yes because they don't know how important it is to see the opponents' headgears in many situations. So GMs, please just don't allow costumes in pvp areas because its negative impact is greater than the non-existent positive impact.

own
06-12-2017 10:00 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Haunted Wrote:Also, as Impa said, what's the need to have costumes implemented in pvp related areas of the game?

There's no need to have it "implemented" in GVG areas, 'cause it's automatically usable anywhere. :P

I wanted to know people's opinions because if by some chance people didn't mind having it usable, then they'd be released as is, without having to add some kind of mapflag or skill restriction on GVG maps.

06-12-2017 11:12 AM