Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion: fishing and mining
Spire Offline

Suggestion: fishing and mining

Just a simple suggestion.

Could there be items added that could be 'improved versions' of bait and picks. That drop from certain medium difficulty monsters. And not something that is not buyable.

Ex:
Glowing Pickaxe (increases the chance to mine lv4 weapons stones and Ori and Elu)

Shining bait (increases the chance to get rainbow trout and above)

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
06-24-2017 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakorzero Offline

RE: Suggestion: fishing and mining

dont we have fishing hat and mining hat already ?

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
06-24-2017 04:26 AM
Spire Offline

(06-24-2017 04:26 AM)Bakorzero Wrote:  dont we have fishing hat and mining hat already ?

We do, but those items are obtained via fishing and mining, I'm more suggesting something that is obtained outside. To kinda lure people into doing it.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
06-24-2017 04:56 AM
Bakorzero Offline

Hmmm.... I think people who really want to be able fishing/mining more efficiently or be better at it, should do more fishing and mining themselves. If you make a way to be better at it with other way than fishing or mining itself then its just defeat the purpose of mining hat and fishing hat gears that requires dedication and hardwork of mining and fishing themselves. Sorry for bad English hope you understand my point.

Git gud or just dont do it...

However I am agree at the point of luring people to be interested to mining and fishing. Its boring activity anyway you just click... However how to justify/balance the quality of fishing and mining value via killing monster vs traditional way is the thing that should be discussed

I also having idea of combining items to make super bait that increase guaranteed quality fish to get. Dunno about mining tho, maybe creating stamina booster specified for mining... ?

(btw sorry if I edit this post too much)

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017 06:40 AM by Bakorzero.)
06-24-2017 06:14 AM
Spire Offline

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea to be honest.

Maybe these items would save you clicks somehow, like doing 10 attempts in one go.

06-24-2017 07:17 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Thanks for the suggestion. One of our scripters already has a full mining and fishing revamp in the works which should include some of what is suggested here. For those that spent time in the Lutia region, think of the fishing quest as a sort of general test run of it.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-24-2017 08:30 AM
Spire Offline

(06-24-2017 08:30 AM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Thanks for the suggestion. One of our scripters already has a full mining and fishing revamp in the works which should include some of what is suggested here. For those that spent time in the Lutia region, think of the fishing quest as a sort of general test run of it.

Oh then please disregard, I'm looking forward to seeing what changes were already made :3

06-24-2017 09:14 AM