Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
BG Quest, anyone?
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: BG Quest, anyone?

(09-12-2017 08:41 PM)Kokuu Wrote:  My other idea is when somebody keys and BG gets cancelled due to lack of participants, he/she would get the 1point for keying and then the 2points you normally get from losing.

Players already received 1 point if they use a BG key and people don't show up to participate / you don't get enough people to run the round.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-13-2017 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakorzero Offline

how about daily BG point quest ? maybe there are no players that day that want BG or maybe you just happen to be a person with rare timezone, but you got guaranteed BG points if you do the daily quest. OFC you still can get additional BG points doing normal BG. However it needs more discussion on how much BG points you can get from daily quest. Also more discussion whether the quest still requires the key or maybe its should be weekly quest than daily idk.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 01:53 PM by Bakorzero.)
09-13-2017 01:50 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Except what sort of "daily quest" will be pvp based if the issue is potentially population related? As much as I'll be personally happy to have a non-pvp way to gain BG gears, I think that it'll actually be the final coffin for this pvp event then.

Rewards need to go up for people to bother, and it needs to be enticing enough with risks involved so people who really want it, will be persuaded against giving it up to luck to dice. So here is a wild fantasy idea with no consideration if this is technically viable- Do a build-up multiplier on key-less BG rewards if no BG has been successfully hosted every day

Leave BG keys triggered events be: if the keys prices are lowered, that's fine.

However, for the "free" BG events that are announced on the hour that nobody bothers with, we can do more to entice them with high rewards such that people want to compete for it instead of hand it over to luck. I propose that for every 24 free BGs hosted, if there are no winners (so ignored for 1 entire day), then the prizes for the winning side increases by 50%, and the losing side only increase by 33%. If another day passes, then increase by 50%/25% again off of the new number and continuously repeat until BG has enough players to host, then the prizes reset back to default with no multiplier.

BGs hosted by keys do not reset nor is it affected by the multiplier.

Sample math
Let's assume that in BG, winner gets 6 points and loser gets 3 as base. (in reality, the base varies depending on which BG gets hosted)

After 1 day, winning team gets boosted to 9 points, and loser gets 4 points.
After 2 days, winning team gets boosted to 13 points, and loser gets 5 points.
After 3 days, winning team gets boosted to 20 points, and loser gets 7 points.
After 4 days, winning team gets boosted to 30 points, and loser gets 9 points.
After 5 days, winning team gets boosted to 45 points, and loser gets 12 points.

Why does this encourage attendance?

Put if off due to laziness or greediness to build it up, and some other group may snatch the multiplier on the BG point prizes, resetting it all. It doesn't require keys. If established players all get lazy, then it's entirely possible for 4 new players to take it all.

Why does this encourage actual pvp over dice/"suicidal-speed runs of BG"?

-This isn't affected by key-hosted BG, so there's no rush to start the next match ASAP. Plus, the multiplier will reset anyway if BG is successfully hosted. Fight and drag it out as long as you need to.
-Difference between winning and losing is massive: there's huge incentive to actually take the points at all cost via winning
-There is less worry of snowballing and being harsh on new players: keys are still there to keep dicing away to get your gears just like now. Also, losing this BG is still better than regular BG even if the loser multiplier is way lower.

*note: I just chose 50/25 percent as proof of concept. If we're actually doing this, obviously we need to do more math to see what's a reasonable buildup rate.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 02:57 PM by Namine.)
09-13-2017 02:56 PM
Kokuu Offline
En

(09-13-2017 01:08 PM)GM-Rahice Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 08:41 PM)Kokuu Wrote:  My other idea is when somebody keys and BG gets cancelled due to lack of participants, he/she would get the 1point for keying and then the 2points you normally get from losing.

Players already received 1 point if they use a BG key and people don't show up to participate / you don't get enough people to run the round.
I know that the "keyer" receives 1 point immediately after keying. My point is whenever someone keys and BG gets cancelled due to lack of participants, the people who registered will be labeled as losers and gets the points for the "losers" had the BG got held (which is 2points).

Let's say I'm the "keyer" and only Menace showed up, and then BG gets cancelled due to lack of participants, we both would then get 2points each.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 04:56 PM by Kokuu.)
09-13-2017 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

lol nope? if the bg gets cancelled... no one has entered BG, so nobody can take losing points or whatever. Only the keying action grants 1 point immediately.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
09-13-2017 07:01 PM
Bakorzero Offline

how about if the BG canceled the key goes back to the one who activate it ?

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
09-14-2017 02:29 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Uhm, or if keyed's BG fails, the keyer gets 2 points? (...or 3?)

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

09-14-2017 06:48 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

I said only the keyer, he said everyone who registered :o

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

09-14-2017 10:25 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

How about, if not enough people show up for KVM, all the people who registered are matched up against an equal number of random warzone Player mobs.

given the PVM aspect of the gears, I would also favor alternate methods of acquiring BG points. Dice is boring, but I lack the right attitude to handle PVP well. If My character is dying constantly to the same person(s), I get self esteem issues. Part of it comes from the fact that some classes handle other classes better than others. Watch that Smith. Buff Buff Buff Buff buff. Watch smith win vrs a lot of classes. Here comes Prof. Web Dispell Win.

Maybe a way to trade skulls from PVP for BG points? Watch the novices with their trick dead and poring pets looot like pros!

Or maybe @duel could reward points if done in interesting locations. the wierder, or more dangerous or epic, the better. Fun Fact: If you're in @duel, you cannot hit monsters! Even with AoE spells, but they can hit you!

A lot of the time, BG interferes with the other things I could be doing to better my chars like farming and farming, also farming. Did I mention farming? I'm in the middle of a card hunt I've been wanting forever and finally got motivation to hunt it, and BG comes around.... decisions man =/

I feel a big demotivational thing about BG is the random nature of who's going to be on your team when you do have enough people. I've heard tales about how it's scripted to try to avoid putting multiple of the same classes on the same team, so you don't get Multiple priest parties and just survive to a draw, or lose to a more offensive team. But still, You get those days when your luck is crap, and you put on the same team as Unlucky McGee 7 Matches in a row.

Another demotivational thing is it's still pretty much dependant on gears. Yes, some strategy is still involved (don't play dumb), but If someone has a +9 Glorious Weapon, they're probably gonna just shred right through whatever HP and strats you have. I remember working hard to make a +10 Triple Bloody Crossbow back in the day and BG pretty much came and made it obsolete. (granted, OAB is still probably better <_<;; )

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 01:16 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-16-2017 12:55 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(09-16-2017 12:55 AM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  How about, if not enough people show up for KVM, all the people who registered are matched up against an equal number of random warzone Player mobs.

Ohhhh i like it! *_*

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

09-16-2017 06:15 AM