Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GVG and PVP Discussion
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

GVG and PVP Discussion

Created this thread as a reply to the Split Sunday Woes thread, since there's other points regarding WoE I want to bring up.

Point #1 is the one Menace brought up on the thread mentioned above: Pandora agreed that Sunday WoE can be moved to another day. The question is, which WoE (Trans, Retro, Both), and when?

A quick discussion on the T&D Discord Channel (Which everyone who wants to help heRO should join!) brang up some suggestions on the new time slot(s), as posted below. These were suggested with North America, Southeast Asia and Europe in mind, as it's where the majority of heRO's players are from.

So far, the possible time zones in mind are:

Server Time (UTC-4) ---------- Southeast Asia (UTC+8) ----------- Europe Time (UTC+8)
Friday 11:30 PM --------------- Saturday 11:30 AM ----------------- Saturday 5:30 AM
Saturday 11:00 AM ------------ Saturday 11:00 PM ----------------- Saturday 5:00 PM

Please propose any other time slot if you have other suggestions, but do provide a reasoning for it.

Obviously, the above times favor SEA and Europe more since there's already 1-2 other WoE catering to NA. Opinions, discussions and suggestions are welcome regarding this.

Point #2 is the following: If one Sunday WoE happens to be moved to another day, that would mean that on 3 out of 7 days a week there will be WoE, meaning that's another 2 hours (preparation included) to separate for this activity. WoE on heRO isn't the most active, and as such, I ask, should the Sunday Trans Castle be closed? HeRO can keep Wednesday's Trans WoE and Retro open if so. Personally, I see no point in keeping 3 open if none get decent enough attention.

This however, would have an effect on the flow of loot and god item pieces from Castles if the rotation times remain the same, as waiting for a full castle swap from Geffen->Payon->Prontera with the current rotation format would take 18 months. So a possible solution to this issue could be just rotating every 3 months.

Now for Point #3: What would you like to see done for GVG? Please answer in detail, and not just "Fix WoE". Should more WoE-only consumables be added to the shop, like Marine Spheres, Plant Bottles? Should the cost of BG keys be reduced? Should WoE Second Edition be added as a form of Allegiance War? Should Ciar finish up Friday Inferno already?

[Added Nov 27] If we add glistening coat and speed potion to be purchased by WoE points, how much should they cost?

Keep replies to this thread constructive and flame free, please.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
09-12-2017 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Menace651 Offline

RE: GVG and PVP Discussion

Just my 2 cents here but

Point #1
I think the 2nd option would be the most favourable for all players. Maybe even an hour earlier so it wouldnt be as late for SEA players. I don't mind waking up early Saturday mornings Icon_razz

Point #2
Although I agree 3 WOES is a bit much I would still rather have them spread out instead of lumped into 1 day. But that is just my preference and what suits my schedule.

Maybe we can go back to having more castle areas open during a WOE session. That way we can have only 2 WOEs a week but still give guilds a chance at the castle loot/god pieces they need. Maybe 2 areas with 1 castle each.

Point #3
I've done WOE 2nd Edition on other servers and it's so much better than 1st edition normal WOE! I have always wondered why we did not implement it here. It's more fun because you are forced to come out and fight and not just sit in emp room the entire WOE and use cheap portal/pre-casting tactics.

The only thing I can think of that I would like added to WOE consumables would probably be boxes of sunlight and maybe FCP coats. Some items should NOT be added like condensed potions or Ygg Berries/seeds for economy/balancing purposes.

...and what's Friday inferno???

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 11:23 PM by Menace651.)
09-12-2017 10:25 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

Completely agree with point #2 Icon_smile - limiting to 2 woe castles at a time + more frequent rotations

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
09-13-2017 09:50 AM
MaxPower Offline

Point #1 I think Saturday at 11:00 or 12:00 (server time) is a good time for WoE
Point #2 I like to have 3 castles open on the server, but is right that 3 days of WoE is too much, but I think both sunday WoEs can be moved to saturday.
Point #3 agree with menace with glitering coats could be buyable with woe points.

Pow: LK 99/70 - Taz: Creator 99/6x - Zaz: SN 99/99 - Pum: SL 99/50 - MaxPower: Sinx 9x/6x - Wap: Pofessor 99/70 - Zap: Clown 99/70 - Gop: Sniper 99/70 - Tap: Sniper 9x/6x - MissLali: LK 9x/6x - Cintuchina: Creator 99/70 - Cli-li: Sniper 9x/6x - Monka: HP 99/70 - Mequetrefe: Dancer 99/50 - Mi PC: WS 99/70 - Pin8: HW 99/70 - Wop: HW 99/70 - and many other alts
09-13-2017 11:07 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Oh and yeah, lets add a fourth castle for roger too, so he can throw his zeny at it and watch it grow undisturbed.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
09-13-2017 06:55 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

GvG on this server..... :thinking:

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
09-19-2017 07:07 PM
Plant Away

Any follow-up to this from a GM? I don't think there's any strong rejection towards the ideas at all (yet). Would definitely like to see this happen.
11-01-2017 09:07 PM
Impa Offline
MYOB

Point #1
2nd option is the best one. Saturday 11:00AM server time.

Point #2
3 castles should stay open in the server, and yes 3 days of woe is too much, I vote for moving both Trans and Retro WoEs from Sunday to Saturday. Keep the rotations every 6 months.

Point #3
Glistening Coats and Speed Potions would be good.

Namreg No1
11-02-2017 02:14 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Update- nothing is set in stone as we're still working/discussing on this issue. I just want to bring this up for a long awaited update and for players to see where we are.

If we're moving WoE, most likely we'll be moving both of the Sunday WoE so that we do not have 3 different WoEs. We await more input from players on the best time possible, but consider Trans WoE + Retro WoE as a collective package to move together, or retro to join wed (super unlikely) so that there's only 2 WoE days no matter what.

GM team is currently leaning towards rotating castles on a 3 month basis. Most GMs agreed on this so far.

GM team is currently undecided towards keeping same amount of castles or not, as some of us will like to close 1. We haven't reached a consensus or agreement from all GMs yet so we are still debating. Regardless if we do end up closing a castle or not, we won't be removing Retro completely. If we're closing one, it'll be a trans castle.

WoE2: leaning towards not adding it without Ciar to look after the project or handle the technical+implementation.

WoE additional items: we're likely to add glistening coat "soon". We don't have a consensus on some of the other items suggested internally by the GMs though.

Be it agree or disagree, please post your comments to revive the discussion and keep it going.

11-26-2017 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Plant Away

Yass finally a hot follow up by a hot GM

Speed pots are popular in WoE, why not add speed pots as well? Its current method of farming is quite tedious when done alone and we can have a high war point price for it as well.

For castle rotations, if the original intention is to lessen time needed to accumulate loot and god item pieces, I think even a rotation once per month would have better effect than once per 3 months. This way guilds are forced to adapt more and geographical perks which provide advantages leaning towards either the defenders or offenders are likely to not last too long. (Players are also more likely to see more maps over their gameplay in heRO yay)

Edit: Maybe even automated rotation every week if we want to go further

Time-wise, no idea on what to suggest that suits everyone but I'll go with the suggested Saturday 11AM/PM. From there maybe:

Close Wednesday WoE and move both Sunday WoEs to Saturday?
Or close Sunday trans WoE and move Retro to Saturday?

Edit 2: I'd also say reduce the cost of war gears or at least give them away for free, and make them refineable to justify the purpose of being in a shop (for getting more than once). If you can last long enough in WoE/BG to get the whole set, you probably don't need them.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 03:19 AM by Plant.)
11-27-2017 02:26 AM
Thread Closed