Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GVG and PVP Discussion
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: GVG and PVP Discussion

(all time reference is server time)

I'll need to be convinced to remove Wednesday, and moving retro + wed trans to Ciar's suggested Saturday on the grounds of too little time inbetween to restock. In theory, it's the same amount of time to prep for 2 WoE days, but if the fri/sat WoE turns out to be more intense and resources got burnt up, you have only ~1 day to stock up.

Speed potion was brought up in the gm discussions. One GM did raise concerns and is on the fence about it, but I suppose that it's easier to talk about it if we assign the value of WoE points for it.

I'll edit Ciar's first post to include speed potion and glistening coat WoE point cost as part of the discussion.

11-27-2017 03:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Plant Away

Well, I just want to point out players can already easily farm speed pots but it's just no one mentions it a lot due to being annoying to farm without friends helping.

Adding to the list of items will not really change much except make it more accessible since it's already available through an annoying method. You might even encourage players to burn through their high supply of war points. It's strategically important to use speed pots from time to time as well to get through sticky situations. I'm not really sure what the concern is if there's things like Cobweb Boxes, Bottles and even Ghostring Scroll already available. Note that Ghostring Scroll is the only thing there that actually provides something not already possible through normal gameplay (like Ghost Ele armor and Unfrozen), and having Speed Pot through war points doesn't provide anything impossible.

Edit: My suggestion is 30 points each, which is equal to Poison Bottle. You can probably even amp it up and people would still get it in emergencies over farming Speed Pots.

Edit 2: Well, think about it. Having Ghostring scroll, Cobweb boxes, bottles, etc allows players to focus on WoE instead of doing non-PVP things (hunting monsters and spam clicking NPCs). They're great QoL changes/additions. Now add Speed Pots and Glistening Pots to it and you'll reduce that involvement to non-PVP things slightly more. Less hassle to get what's already possible ready for PVP. Unless I'm missing something important, I find hard to see any real problem from making Speed Pot available :x

Late edit 3: There was an old thread somewhere where Ciar suggested War Point NPC being changed to a shop, similar to V4P Shop to allow players to choose more freely the amount they want. I think this is a good change. If War Point NPC is being changed anyways, I also suggest adding an option to warp players back to save point in case of wrong warp or stuck there with BWing instead of finding the nearest open castle to relog or walk back to town.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 07:51 AM by Plant.)
11-27-2017 03:44 AM
Find all posts by this user
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Closing this informal poll to make a formal poll about this issue. Stay tuned for today.

12-04-2017 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed