Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Helping our own GM-Ciar (Please read!)
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Helping our own GM-Ciar (Please read!)

[Image: care_package2.jpg]

[Image: care_package.jpg]

Our final total donation gathered for GM-Ciar is $1204!

Today I mailed him a $600 money order as well as cookies, batteries, vitamins and other items.

We still have no news from him, we know he lives is an area that was particularly affected and where relief efforts are slow. Icon_sad

As of yesterday, the USPS website update showed the post office near him to be opened for package pickup.

I will let you know once I send the 2nd half and of course as soon as we have news.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-02-2017 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Nice! So the office there can receive mails and packages, but wont (or cant i guess really) deliver them to final destinations, so how Ciar would know he have to go there to check? :o
10-02-2017 06:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Pandora, can I just tell you that based on the items I'm seeing in that box that you did a fantastic job putting it together? You got him not only foods, but you got him some other lesser but well appreciated goods too (vitamins and batteries). Not only that you even made sure he'll have some entertainment to hold him over till he gets power again. ;-;

I hope Ciar can get the package soon + monies soon. Thanks again for organizing this for him!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-02-2017 07:43 PM
Bellatrix Offline
=DDD

Yep. Thank you!!! You da best!
10-02-2017 08:44 PM
Rei Ayanami 18 Offline
Agility Addict! \( 'ヮ' )/

Yatta!!! <3

[Image: 851e24f8e3a3edd9a05a90179ce4dcfd--anime-...-girls.jpg] Nyuu!
10-03-2017 12:25 AM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I hope he's doing alright <3 Looking forward to hearing the news once he receives the care package and he's able to get in contact!

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
10-03-2017 01:15 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

(10-02-2017 06:29 PM)The Roger Wrote:  Nice! So the office there can receive mails and packages, but wont (or cant i guess really) deliver them to final destinations, so how Ciar would know he have to go there to check? :o
I was counting on the fact that the mail might be operational by the time the package arrives or word of mouth since he lives in a small municipality.

The united states postal office has announced they are resuming delivery in certain areas and most post office are open for package pickup (including his). It should improve further in the coming days. Currently the package is in transit in the state of New York (at JFK), probably awaiting to be put into a plane.

(10-02-2017 07:43 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  Pandora, can I just tell you that based on the items I'm seeing in that box that you did a fantastic job putting it together? You got him not only foods, but you got him some other lesser but well appreciated goods too (vitamins and batteries). Not only that you even made sure he'll have some entertainment to hold him over till he gets power again. ;-;

I hope Ciar can get the package soon + monies soon. Thanks again for organizing this for him!

You're reading my train of thought pretty accurately! I tried to imagine what would help in his situation. After hurricane Irma, Ciar told GM-Rahice that meat was hard to find so I made sure to include some. I also presumed that fresh fruits and veggies must be unobtainable for the time being so vitamins couldn't hurt. And being a board game enthusiast I couldn't help but include some. ^_^ There's report of very long waiting line for food, gas, etc. so it might help pass the time. It's hard to see in the picture but there is a small battery-powered fan, with no AC the heat is another hinderance there. And I sent cookies because it's kind of my trademark XD

The only thing I didn't send that I know he might need is water, since large quantities of water weight a lot and it seemed counterproductive to mail that. I'm counting on the relief effort to provide it.

Still no news, we'll let you know as soon as we hear from him.

~ Server Admin ~
10-05-2017 09:50 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

For the water issue, iodine tablet may be an option when we send the 2nd package, if water is still an issue for Puerto Rico by then (hope not...) The lack of energy and fuel access indeed I don't know what else we can really do besides battery...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-05-2017 12:31 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

(10-05-2017 12:31 PM)Namine Wrote:  For the water issue, iodine tablet may be an option when we send the 2nd package, if water is still an issue for Puerto Rico by then (hope not...)

Oh, good idea!

~ Server Admin ~
10-05-2017 05:00 PM
kysp Offline

What? they had a nuclear disaster in their power plants? Woah! so it's much worse than I thought
10-05-2017 06:05 PM