Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Event] Thanksgiving Turkey Run!
Pixie Offline
Faeheim Princess & Auction Organizer

[Event] Thanksgiving Turkey Run!

We hope that everyone in America have a happy thanksgiving!

We will be holding a small event to celebrate this holiday tomorrow Saturday at 2 PM server time. Let's follow the tradition of America and release some turkeys to the wild.

Oh, what's that? We have no turkeys in heRO?
Guess players will have to be a fine substitute for turkeys then

I am sure that it'll be a lot of... fun.

<><><>

Run away on your path to freedom!

This is a co-op event of server vs GMs. However, as long as even a single player wins, everyone gets the reward. We will judge prizes based on whoever runs the furthest for the entire server.

Event is open to all levels, though higher level characters have their advantage due to increased stats and HP. While exp is available, it is not the focus of the event so characters below lv 89 are fine. If it breaks exp share, then that's that.

Survivability is key. You need to run. Be prepared for anything that may interfere with mobility.

Balanced party is helpful- work together to make a party that can handle both mobs and irritating single target creatures/traps that may slow down your run.

You will NOT have time to kill everything. Kill what you must, and run away from what you cannot handle. Do not expect the difficulty to be adjusted so that the server can handle everything by defeating the challenges.

Work as a team. Remember that all participants share the same prizes, while GMs are only judging the performance of the best runner. Self-sacrifices WILL be necessary to body block impossibly hard monsters.

More details will be revealed by the time of the event. Hope to see all of you there!
11-24-2017 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: [Event] Thanksgiving Turkey Run!

Interesting.. sounds like Steel Body might come in handy, but also be kinda annoying for the individual using it xD

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-24-2017 10:35 PM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

Peco Peco smash!!! Ok
*Steel body intensifies* Evil

[Image: 5eqoayA.png]
11-24-2017 10:51 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

inb4 every monster is a 99999 hp 99def plant-type.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
11-25-2017 04:58 AM
kysp Offline

From those highlighted info:

(11-24-2017 09:14 PM)Pixie Wrote:  ...
This is a co-op event of server vs GMs. However, as long as even a single player wins, everyone gets the reward. We will judge prizes based on whoever runs the furthest for the entire server.
Balanced party is helpful- work together to make a party that can handle both mobs and irritating single target creatures/traps that may slow down your run.
Work as a team. Remember that all participants share the same prizes, while GMs are only judging the performance of the best runner. Self-sacrifices WILL be necessary to body block impossibly hard monsters.

... And also what was told in chat, like to have at least one HP because of status effects and HWiz for AoE DMG, one would think we needed a setup.

But no, just bring ur LK with GTB, Eddga cards or smth and run solo. Easy for whoever did this, but frustrating for anyone else expecting a co-op experience.

So, all the information provided were misleading imo. Except from that, the event was nice. Just make it clear what we are supposed to do.

If the purpose of this was indeed to co-op, one suggestion is to disable GTB, Eddga and the Endure effect. Also a map that prevents mindless running with occasional turns, something like the Swordsman job changing quest.

Anyway, thanks for the event and prizes No1
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 06:48 PM by kysp.)
11-25-2017 04:26 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

xD

To be precise: LK + GTB, Garm, 50 PD, Concentration lv 5, PPHB, 100 vit, White & Blue Potions and you have to spam those whites, lmao, those are not there for showcase only.

Its was said run, i ran.
And how is that frustrating for the rest of the party: i worked for the party, so we could all receive the max prize there; also, i wasnt sure this full-usain-bolt strategy would've worked at all: infact, in 2-3 locations i really worried to get stuck.

The point wasnt "kill everything", and it was pretty well stated; it was RUN like R.U.N. = Rush Usain, Now!

Quote:However, as long as even a single player wins, everyone gets the reward. We will judge prizes based on whoever runs the furthest for the entire server.
jus' ssayin' xD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 06:08 PM by The Roger.)
11-25-2017 06:00 PM
Pixie Offline

I definitely messed up on difficulty scaling and was not aware GTB also prevents Stop Trap on checkpoint 3, not just the GC ones. We were expecting that single person run immediately would only make it half way without at least 1 other to body block the traps for the "real" runner to pull ahead. As mentioned ingame, we will have to redo the track and tone down the event difficulty.

Eddga card I wasn't too concerned cause Anodyne exist for a short burst with speed potion, which we're aware of the combo and count it as a valid last effort. Eddga pays for it in HP drop too. In the future, most likely we'll ban GTB so traps aren't trivial in disarming/face-tanking.

We haven't played Hydro Run in a long time, but we'll also learn from experience just like the players where players know of what gears works, and GMs learn of what monster/trap combinations don't work.
11-25-2017 06:49 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

If the Stop traps are casting the Stop lv.whatever monster skill, then GTB definetely doesnt block it. And as i said, i got close to be stuck for good in a couple parts.
Its not a peaceful walk in a meadow, its a freacking pack-as-much-big-stuff-you-can-and-run-while-spamming-potions-also-pray-to-not-click-on-a-monster-making-you-stop-there-attacking-it-'cos-you-will-be-doomed.
I too am surprised it worked so well.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 06:59 PM by The Roger.)
11-25-2017 06:57 PM
Pixie Offline

(11-25-2017 06:57 PM)The Roger Wrote:  If the Stop traps are casting the Stop lv.whatever monster skill, the GTB definetely doesnt block it.

Well it bugged out one way or another there then.
11-25-2017 06:57 PM
kysp Offline

I can see what you were trying to do Pixie, and it looks fun. Looking forward to the next version of this event.

Thanks for your effort! It must've been hard to design, prototype and test everything. From now on its only going to be better Icon_smile
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 07:23 PM by kysp.)
11-25-2017 07:22 PM