Poll: Regarding number of castles in heRO, and heRO's woe times:
This poll is closed.
We should lower castle count by 1, and change woe times to the proposed Saturday time instead of Sunday. 34.62% 9 34.62%
We should lower castle count by 1, but we should keep WoE on the current Sunday time. 3.85% 1 3.85%
We should keep the same number of castles as is, and change woe times to the proposed Saturday time instead of Sunday. 30.77% 8 30.77%
We should keep the same number of castles as is, and we should keep WoE on the current Sunday time. 7.69% 2 7.69%
I have no opinions/I do not care/I don't WoE. 23.08% 6 23.08%
Total 26 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Changes Official Poll 2017
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: WoE Changes Official Poll 2017

I agree with minnt post.

If i can read, in the poll there isnt the option "Keep 1 trans woe, 1 retro woe, both at sunday", so i voted the second personal best option.

In the past i wasnt good enough, experienced enough, to woe properly with the "basic best gears", and there were mvps allowed, so i kept away from woe; now i dont woe because im still noob because i have many exceptional gears that i cant use in woe.

In this game, in RO, PVPers do pvp to brag others about how big their manly equipment is; main goal of woe is conquering castles to get castle's chests and make god items, which will then be used to be stronger in pvp and brag even better about how big our manly equipment is.

Okay that god items are the best items in pvm, but if i cant use them to brag in pvp and woe, i lose motivation to spend time and resources to go woe.

RO is a game of progression, of becoming stronger, of becoming richer, of becoming more experienced.
And i want to progress, i want to strenghten myself, i want to enrich myself.
But now that i could woe better than the myself of the past, i wont woe at all because the progression and the enrichment is too little, to my eyes.

Banning mvp/gods from woe brought us basically all at the same level, and being all balanced individually (assuming player's skills are experienced enough) the discussion will fall down to basically "whichever side has way more soldiers than the other."

And being at the same level isnt fun: is a struggle.
I did train myself to some martial arts and combat styles, and there is absolutely one thing that you want to avoid, and its being balanced with your opponent/enemy:
You dont want balance, you want to be superior to your opponent or you will lose (probably your life if thats on the stake).

WoE is exactly that. its not a game where everyone is balanced, is a game where you have to find a way to be superior to who opposes you, put that to be sheer numbers and/or gears.

Not being able to use my gtb in woe brought me to delete my retro Blacksmith; one f*****g sage and im rendered completely useless. Perma dispelled. The time and the resourced spent to rebuff a blacksmith to return to a condition of "utility" is long enough to receive another Dispel. And this is only one example.

Also instead of the BS i made a Knight for retro, which i never yet used it because i cant find the motivation to waste time and resourced into a dead-end as woe is, which i named "Roger has no fun in woe".

I want to use my mvp/godly stuff in pvp/woe because the original game is built and balanced with them present.
I want to destroy other players who are militarily inferior, and i'll accept to be destroyed when caught offguard or with wrong reactions or gear swappings.
Until this changes, and you kill me for example with a high wizard, i can and i will always say: " Eh but in a real fight i would have swapped on GTB so this fight means nothing, and cut your boasting already."

PS: 1 trans woe, 1 retro woe, and one extra trans woe where mvps and god items are allowed like the original woe /heh xD

PPS: but in the end anyway we all know already that either way we do, the players who quit and have the good stuff will return, amass into a single guild, cut all the competitions, other competitors will be pissed off and "f*** this ship" and stop woeing, with no competition the players returned will quit again, welcome back to starting point.

TL;DR i heard one time a legend or a myth about Pandora's Quest for godly items... lets make them through that ant not anymore from castles and pvp only.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 03:35 PM by The Roger.)
12-14-2017 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
kysp Offline

I think there's a problem with the options in the poll.

For example, if option #1 wins the poll with 20 votes but options #3 and #4 gets 19 votes each. In this case, we could say most players would like to keep castle number but have mixed opinions about the time.

Would be better to first decide castle number imo, after its decided and done/implemented start discussing other stuff. In its current state this poll is susceptible to nonobjective discussion and off-topic/cringe wall of text comments like this one.

Also, let's not be afraid of testing changes. If something went bad or unbalanced, adjust again or revert. Change and adaptation is a key aspect to keep a game interesting.

tl;dr,
First decide castle number. After this, start discussing about time, woe se, retro, gears/stuff one by one objectively.
12-14-2017 03:23 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Oh, even though I asked both questions at the same time, I can count them separately due to the way the options are laid out.

I can count that 1+2 and 3+4 regarding castle number, which is 9 vs 8.

I can count that 1+3 and 2+4 regarding woe times, which is 15 vs 2.

I've already laid out all details of the scenario combinations if we change times, and what if we reduce castles at the same time, so there should be no confusion to how it's carried out. I've also stated exactly which castle/which woe's timeslot is being replaced by the new one as well.

As it stands now, we're extremely likely to change woe times, and while castle reduction counts is much in the air.

Does this poll have subjective elements? Of course it does but that is kind of the point. I really don't see how time slot can have objective answers cause it's about which time is most convenient to you personally.

As for cringe text or off topic discussions, I'll repeat myself that everyone is welcome to post pvp comments but I'm only looking at options or suggestions that are relevant to my defined scope at the moment.

12-14-2017 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kysp Offline

Yes, got it. Was incorrectly assuming the most voted option win. Thanks for clarification No1
12-14-2017 05:10 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

No problem, it's a legit concern so I'm glad that it's brought up! We'll be tallying the votes separately. I just structured it this way to move things a bit faster instead of one question at a time.

12-15-2017 07:20 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Bump + double post: last day to voice your opinion!

12-18-2017 01:42 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Results:

As there are a total of 17 votes who favor the time change, we'll change the WoE time to the following:

Saturday 11:00AM server time: trans WoE
Saturday 1:00 PM server time: retro WoE

This will replace the Sunday time schedule. We don't have a date of implementation yet, but once we do, we will give at least one week notice. Please be aware that this may or may not happen at the same time as castle rotation though. This should happen within month of January, or early February at the latest.

As it is a tied vote of 10-10, neither side has reached any supermajority over the other. We will maintain the number of castles as is for now (total of 2 trans, 1 retro over the week.) However, this also points that a reasonable number of people are interested in closing castles. We may look at other ways/changes to WoE that may decrease the castle count instead.

12-22-2017 03:39 AM
Thread Closed