Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About socket enchant system
Valerie12345 Offline
Val Val

About socket enchant system

Would it be possible to implement new items that could be slotted? I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I'd say we're missing a few things, such as Rider Insignia [0]. It's unreasonable the amount of time you'd need to spend to farm a slotted one from Byorgues. Same thing applies to Zakudam, not everyone has access to the guild dungeon unless they're active members in some WoE guild. I think we could implement them so that everyone could have the chance to slot them instead of hunting them considering that the slotted versions drop at a really low rate with a very few spawns on the map. ( 1x at thors f1 every hour and 5x at thors f3 every 30 mins at card drop rate) + they're surrounded by bow guards so I think the chances are even less that you could properly farm Rider Insignia [1].

Same could apply to other hats/ accessories/weapons/armors but my suggestion is about Rider Insignia [0] specifically xD

Thanks!

List of characters

Seiko Kimura
Lyrianne
Aethera
Earla
Vindemiatrix
Rosie~
Lollipop :3
Vallhalla
Stylish Rogue
Tanky Blacksmith
Akame
I Fight
01-02-2018 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: About socket enchant system

It's kinda silly how insanely rare the natural Rider Insignia[1] is cause it's nowhere as good as Orlean's Glove and this is harder to obtain than the glove. You might as well be punching the bow guardian instead of the byorgue for better reward. We will consider it along with a few other drops that have both unslotted and slotted versions available ingame already but is somehow missing from the slot enchantment list (such as Glove/Necklace/Rosary also comes to mind, for what it's worth.)

Same will probably apply to a few items where the un/slotted version has an official stat enchant, but the other version doesn't (Robe of Cast, etc.)

However, it'll depend if we have the resources to spare to do those relatively simple additions and also determine what class of difficulty/rarity it will be.

In case a popular related question comes up: yes we did promise in the past to do custom enchants, and we will eventually get to it, but that won't be right now. We'll probably do the items that are "easy" to add as a quick and dirty addition, and handle the custom enchants "later."

01-02-2018 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Yes maybe it could be added in the custom slotter-enchantr; Its pretty easy to get one you can enter GDs.... but... yes im looking at you, Guild Dungeons...

On a sidenote: what about making normal people able to enter GDs by paying a certain amount of zeny? Too OP?

Anyway; what could be the socketing rate for rider insigna? uhm, 10% with 1M cost?
01-02-2018 07:15 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

(01-02-2018 07:15 PM)The Roger Wrote:  On a sidenote: what about making normal people able to enter GDs by paying a certain amount of zeny?

Or you can just join the guild that has control of it... or lead your guild to win WoE.

01-02-2018 07:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

the guild holding the castles now (and by quite some time) is lead by a paranoid leader apparently, also it wont invite me for obscure reasons.

Also2: woe is just a nuisance -.-"

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
01-02-2018 09:58 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

My opinion is about the same as Ayu's (both her replies), but I do want to note that Byorgue drops Rider Insignia [1] at 0.45% on heRO, as a result of the Low Drop Rates Retouch.

[Image: 1JhHcIc.jpg]

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
01-02-2018 10:19 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Pity that a reward, intended for WoE, requires WoE...?

The WoE1 dungeon monster already lost exclusivity so really the WoE2 and Halls of the Abyss dungeons are all they have left, and not all monsters in those areas have unique drops either (and thus, those monsters typically have a runestone instead.)

As for your the other point:

(01-02-2018 09:58 PM)The Roger Wrote:  wont invite me for obscure reasons.

(01-02-2018 09:58 PM)The Roger Wrote:  lead by a paranoid leader

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9718895]

01-03-2018 12:41 AM
Menace651 Offline

(01-02-2018 07:15 PM)The Roger Wrote:  Yes maybe it could be added in the custom slotter-enchantr; Its pretty easy to get one you can enter GDs.... but... yes im looking at you, Guild Dungeons...

On a sidenote: what about making normal people able to enter GDs by paying a certain amount of zeny? Too OP?

Because GD access should be a privilege given to those that are willing to put forth the time and effort to organize and gear people for WOE 3 times a week. Taking away one of the perks of castle ownership will kill off WOE even more.

They have already added some GD monsters to Dewata and other maps. I would not be against adding some more GD monsters to some maps in a limited amount to give people access to certain GD mobs. It would help the economy.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-03-2018 12:46 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(01-03-2018 12:41 AM)GM-Ayu Wrote:  Pity that a reward, intended for WoE, requires WoE...?

The WoE1 dungeon monster already lost exclusivity so really the WoE2 and Halls of the Abyss dungeons are all they have left, and not all monsters in those areas have unique drops either (and thus, those monsters typically have a runestone instead.)

As for your the other point:

(01-02-2018 09:58 PM)The Roger Wrote:  wont invite me for obscure reasons.

(01-02-2018 09:58 PM)The Roger Wrote:  lead by a paranoid leader

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9718895]

Then it's time to make the Paranoid Leader even more paranoid by giving his guild some challenging Competition! Smash that emp and destroy his economy! Trash talk the nubs of his guild and Prove that the Cult of RNG can be truly devastating if it's not on your Side.

While I do agree it's annoying how some of the mobs I want to farm are GD only spawns, and the fact that my work schedule makes it nearly impossible for me to attend (the recent woe poll might help with that having it on Saturday mornings), I do feel that It's important to do something suitable to gain entry. If castles actually did invest into eco to get more castle treasures, your huge wealth of Zeny might actually go somewhere in "renting" temporary membership to farm said GD's, but bare minimum should be actually participating in WoE, or gathering materials to make their WoE characters better equipped to do stuff or otherwise supporting the guild to make them succeed(Who knows how many AD's they could spend in a bragi'd firefight, spend the Deadly poison bottles to make their Sneaky sneaks a little more threatening than a wet donut. Back before Warpers had warps to the castles, I used to Sit in town and warp portal the guild to their destinations though that job is obsolete)

Back on topic for things that I'd like to slot that haven't the option to-
SLOTTED SAFETY RINGS!
The pinacle of Defensive Accessories. Doesn't really get too much use due to the lack of Slot. Combo that with an Alligator card to really sponge up the stuff.

Iron Wrists- More Mammo/Bash Potential with a slot.

Shinobi sash- If one's going to have a smokie card for a ninja, might as well make it one of these things to get that SP reduction too~

Maybe could make a quest to slot some of the custom hats that are around that are already pretty good. Reisz helm, Fox Queen hat (maybe the Fox King version too, same thing really), maybe some of the random monster based hats that have no bonuses like marina hat?

The Rider Insignia being slottable would make my Pipe dream of having both +9 BLB's and +9 Rider's Insignia a bit more feasible.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 04:28 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-03-2018 04:18 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Issue why those suggestions can be difficult, and why our custom content slowed to a halt: it costs us item ID slots.

Bit of minor insight into development:

When heRO first started, we started custom items in the 20000 ID slots cause they are super unused 10 years ago. However, now gravity finally caught up and did end up using 20000s, which is the start of our custom item. So we're having severe ID overlap issue. That's why I said if the slotted version of the item exists already, then it's no big deal and we can add it without issue. If the slotted version doesn't exist yet, then we're going to have to squeeze out some item ID 'somewhere' to do it, which is a lot harder cause gravity gave up all sense of ID naming convention and the IDs jump all over the place with 3rd classes.

01-03-2018 09:24 AM