Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great Demon Baphomet
Menace651 Offline

Great Demon Baphomet

I wasn't able to attach my replay to my reply on the support ticket I already had on this so I guess I'll just post i there. And also see if anyone has had any experience doing this MVP on here or servers.

Anyway, if you look at this replay of us doing the Sealed Shrine MVP Baphomet we are only able to damage for a brief amount of time from 6:25 to approximately 7:00(about 30 seconds).

However, if you look at this video of the MVP from another server they are able to damage it for much longer about 1 minute. Other videos I've watched have allowed a few minutes to damage it.

Not sure if there has been any updates to this quest or if it's bugged somehow but 30 seconds is kind of impossible to kill a 4.5m HP MVP that Full Heals. We were able to painstakingly kill it on another run using a very well geared champ and lucky gospel buffs.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
02-10-2018 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Great Demon Baphomet

We did not customize Great Demon Baphomet in terms of the script or its skills. It matches RMS description here. My guess is that one of *three* ways for Great Demon Baphomet to re-enter invincibility triggered, and each of the three modes have their own cooldown of 1 minute.

[Image: rwWZldT.png]

Our Great Demon Baphomet also got all 3 ways to trigger entering invincibility, again each of them has their own cooldown.

I didn't watch the replay, but going to guess that while the attack mode invincibility is on cooldown, great demon bapho shifted to chase mode for whatever reason and that was sufficient to trigger invincibility again.

And before we get there (and again, I didn't watch the replay so I don't know if this happened for Menace's party or not): yes, great bapho can pull off a total dick move with pulse strike to push everyone away, and definitively enter chase mode to trigger an invincible mode for sure.

It's kind of why we buffed its drops from the default: there's lot of garbage that you need to deal with to handle great bapho. Currently, we have no plans to alter the AI from default, but perhaps we can visit that later™.

EDIT: Also, remember that great baphomet is going to use invincibility every 60 second ON ITS OWN, and its cooldown is NOT dependent on when invincibility goes down. The shrine forces bapho's invincibility to go down, but great bapho itself counts the cooldown of when to try setting invincibility back up again. Again, this is how default hercules emulator has great baphomet coded, regardless if that is 100% like official, or like rA (another emulator that other servers may use) handles this issue.

02-10-2018 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

(02-10-2018 08:06 PM)GM-Ayu Wrote:  We did not customize Great Demon Baphomet in terms of the script or its skills. It matches RMS description here. My guess is that one of *three* ways for Great Demon Baphomet to re-enter invincibility triggered, and each of the three modes have their own cooldown of 1 minute.

[Image: rwWZldT.png]

Our Great Demon Baphomet also got all 3 ways to trigger entering invincibility, again each of them has their own cooldown.

I didn't watch the replay, but going to guess that while the attack mode invincibility is on cooldown, great demon bapho shifted to chase mode for whatever reason and that was sufficient to trigger invincibility again.

And before we get there (and again, I didn't watch the replay so I don't know if this happened for Menace's party or not): yes, great bapho can pull off a total dick move with pulse strike to push everyone away, and definitively enter chase mode to trigger an invincible mode for sure.

It's kind of why we buffed its drops from the default: there's lot of garbage that you need to deal with to handle great bapho. Currently, we have no plans to alter the AI from default, but perhaps we can visit that later™.

That's what we thought at first too. That the pulse strike might be triggering the "chase invulnerbility" But then we went back with anti-knockback and it was still only limited to 30 seconds of "vulnerable" time. If you watch the replay you can see my Champ did not move once we got it into a stationary position.

If nothing has been changed in the client then maybe there was an official update to the quest or MVP AI(some of the videos are kind of old). But even though our client is a clone of the official there might still be bugs or things not working as they should. IIRC Entweihen used to have bugged skills too that made it impossible or near impossible to complete endless tower.

Thanks for checking anyway GM-Ayu. It's still doable the way it is now but very difficulty and tedious.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 08:38 PM by Menace651.)
02-10-2018 08:23 PM
kysp Offline

Even if he shifted modes to cast the 3 skills he would have 3 seconds invincible status, at most. But in the replay you can see it was much more than that. Something is wrong.
02-10-2018 08:25 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

@kysp: please refer to my edit. Let me expand upon it here:

The shrine NPC triggers the invincibility off, but great bapho itself on attack spams invincibility back on every 60 seconds (even if it's mode don't change.) It's unfortunate, but in our current *emulator*, the two checks are asynchronous of each other. Meaning, regardless of when you activate the shrines, bapho is going to try to use invincibility again on its own account. If sufficiently unlucky, the shrine may appear to "do nothing" because 1 sec after you activate the shrine, bapho's internal countdown of 1 min is up and it immediately goes back to invincibility.

Most likely it's a deficiency in our emulators, but seems like both herc (what heRO uses) and rA (what RMS is based off) both uses this same method as the closest emulation.

What's a "good fix" for it? Remove invincibility burden from bapho to the NPC... somehow. But considering how old this script is and neither emulator moved to update the code to improve the behavior, it's a non-trivial type of change in technical challenges.

A workaround "meh" clarity fix is to activate some sort of visual indicator for baphomet to use some irrelevant skill after it uses invincibility (like warm wind), so that you know when is bapho going to count its 60 seconds... however, this fixes nothing and is at best, just a clarity indicator. It'll be just as frustrating either way.

02-10-2018 08:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

@GM-Ayu

Makes sense now that you explain it like that. So we are pretty much just taking a gamble when we activate the seal. We could be activating it with 60 seconds left on Bapho's invincibilty counter or 1 second. Dosn't seem fair or balanced though since you gotta tank and lure it around which is a major Pain in the a**:/

When we went to activate the seals again sometimes it did seem like we only got a few seconds and sometimes it seemed longer. Gravity must have changed/updated the AI sometime ago then. Some of the video I watched of people killing it are pretty old 5+ years.

IMO, GM's could just take off invincibility or full heal off of it Evil. It is already a pretty fearsome MVP.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 09:04 PM by Menace651.)
02-10-2018 08:59 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Pray with me i get da GUN then we'll go oneshot it; no gospel: just dancer, provoke and lex.
02-10-2018 09:54 PM
Menace651 Offline

(02-10-2018 09:54 PM)The Roger Wrote:  Pray with me i get da GUN then we'll go oneshot it; no gospel: just dancer, provoke and lex.

I dunno. Our guild leader is paranoid and won't try these kind of things Icon_twisted

02-10-2018 10:47 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(02-10-2018 10:47 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(02-10-2018 09:54 PM)The Roger Wrote:  Pray with me i get da GUN then we'll go oneshot it; no gospel: just dancer, provoke and lex.

I dunno. Our guild leader is paranoid and won't try these kind of things Icon_twisted

W-what has that to do with it, lol?
02-11-2018 03:26 AM