Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Client Yes or No
Menace651 Offline

Dual Client Yes or No

Yes I know I've posted about dual clienting before but wanted to post a poll to see how many people would support it.

The server population is at a record low and making parties now is impossible due to lack of people and proper classes. Allowing Dual client would make organizing parties a lot easier. I think it would really help the population grow as it would make it easier for new players to level and attract more players with a higher population count. It would also open up the possibility of new class builds and strategies like linked Paladins/Prof builds and bard/dancer Ensemble builds.

This is just for DUAL(2) clienting not multi(3+). Also I would support it being disabled in WOE/BG via MAC address check or something along those lines.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018 10:42 PM by Menace651.)
02-11-2018 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Dual Client Yes or No

Dual client is a huge no for me. I don't consider myself much of a conservative RO player who shuns most things, but this is one of the few, immutable positions I hold.

No forever to dual client, it destroys something important on this server for me.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-11-2018 10:52 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Going to say "no" because it'll become a case of "I am the party."

02-11-2018 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

For those that are voting no what is your reasoning behind it and what are your suggestions to improve server activity and population. In my opinion it should be a no brainer to have it. Most other private servers I've played allow it and with the low population we have right now I think it would help more than hurt.

Remember I'm just talking dual client not multi. Multi(more than 2 clients) is just kind of ridiculous.

02-11-2018 11:54 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(02-11-2018 11:54 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  For those that are voting no what is your reasoning behind it and what are your suggestions to improve server activity and population. In my opinion it should be a no brainer to have it. Most other private servers I've played allow it and with the low population we have right now I think it would help more than hurt.

Remember I'm just talking dual client not multi. Multi(more than 2 clients) is just kind of ridiculous.

It doesn't matter how many dual clients you allow it exacerbates some serious problems with server parties the moment you allow players to access more than one character to play at a time. The thing is it would lower incentive to play various classes or builds. Most likely to harm those who would play Gospel/Devo Paladin, Priest Bard, Dancer. You could easily add in multiclient for a few other roles such as dual clienting a sage to endow from time to time, or log a second client with a soul linker.

Would you be willing to take random newbies if they were willing to fill in roles most likely to be harmed by this? I know I wouldn't bother if I could have a geared bragi/sinx song or priest buffing me while dual cliented.

Let's get real, we'd just amp our solo game to a new level doing that. Its already questionable if we should have been able to buy so many buff scrolls so easily as we have, but this dual clienting thing is something on a whole 'nother level.

MMO's are a social experience. Unfortunately RO's an old game. Many servers have issues with activity or competitiveness these days; heRO is not unique to this problem. I believe dual clienting is not a good way to resolve the issue.

Edit: The only way to bring people to this server is the same way we've always been bringing people to this server. We advertise, we bring our friends and we try not to be dicks to one another whether they are newbie or veteran.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 01:31 AM by Aaronock.)
02-12-2018 01:29 AM
Bakorzero Offline

I play multi client server before and I feel like people become more individualistic in there. I met a crazy one who can multi client like 20 account and he's abusing the exp sharing bonuses. And he also abusing monk + sp prof + priest combo in dungeon. If maybe this server carry out multi client I just hope there is proper way to implement it and have some regulation and limitation.

For attracting more people well RO is an old game and many people has move on to play something else. Maybe the only way is advertising in some social media, I heard many servers out there gain their new players that way. But sure it can be expensive. There might be some who will come for nostalgia and some who play for curiosity, despite being old, RO is not available in all countries back then but because of Internet development right now we might get players who never heard it before. Or maybe we might get players who can't afford to play high system demanding MMO to play in their potato laptops and found that RO is a choice for them lol (just like me). Just throwing my 2 cents here.

PS : Funny enough now I remember that the reason why I choose this server is also because it has no multi client.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 03:38 AM by Bakorzero.)
02-12-2018 03:12 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

You say "Parties" You mean places like Muspel, DG, and places that need something more than 4 people? Offer someone a 2-3 person party that might actually get off the ground (and otherwise has other bonuses in being more organized, less stressful and generally more fun IMO, and easier to read the feedback from those smaller parties if someone is inexperienced), and some reason they say that there are no parties.

Larger parties have always been tiring to me, though the rewards can be worth it, but it depends on the people who are going and what their gears and resources are like. Would you want to go into thors with a random party that completely lacks Pasana's or Formless/Boss shields? Of course not (even though it's possible if the priests are godly with their pneuma placements). Thor's is a perfect place to demonstrate people who are good at their roles and people who are not good at the things that they do even if they do have those gears. And when they don't do well everybody starts yelling and everyone gets salty and having to deal with that kinda atmosphere isn't really my thing.

Dual client would pretty much eliminate the types of parties I enjoy playing in, and remove the need for those hard to get Agi/bless scrolls, could park a priest in a corner and pop in every once in a while for buffs/heal, Or Soul Link my numerous priests to go on a Rampage vrs Atroce or AK's with Cookie Carded Bradium Earrings, and Bradium Golem carded Principles of magic.

Pretty much the only reason I could see for doing Dual client is self buffing, and even then. All of my other reasons for saying no have pretty much been stated by Aaronock already.

It might benefit established characters and accounts but if we do get new players, it's just going to create a larger divide between the people who've been here a minute and the new guys.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 07:22 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-12-2018 07:11 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

For how much i'd enjoy linking my WS to get Full AR, i say no at dual/multi clienting. If we were a renewal server, then it'd be ok, because renewal is already fundamentally individualistic.
Pre-re? Nope.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
02-12-2018 11:01 AM
Menace651 Offline

@Aaronock and Joe, I disagree with the individual mindset if we allowed dual clienting. I personally play Hero for the enjoyment of interacting with others. But I think it would help more than hurt if we allowed it

There are already a number of well geared vets that solo/duo high-end mvps and events. Allowing dual clienting would allow lesser geared or newbies to bring in extra classes to make up for the lack of gears to MVP or do harder parties. Yes it makes it easier for the vets too but at least it gives the newbies a better chance at competing.

People are also already using workarounds for the lack of no multi clienting such as using vending/auto shops to buff or "parking" characters to swap for different roles or flat out cheating. We should just allow it so people don't have to resort to cheating or use workarounds to buff their characters. It's not really helping the server grow when we ban some poor noob for dual clienting to buff his new character.

FYI this is coming from a vet that does solo/duo high end mvps and uses workarounds to buff my characters. I'm not pushing dual clienting for personal gain but more out of concern for a declining server. Voting and reviewing helps but it's not enough. I've seen firsthand multiple times where new players will join then quit a week later because there is no activity on the server and they can't dual client to create parties or level themslves.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 01:26 PM by Menace651.)
02-12-2018 01:17 PM
kysp Offline

Its a social game but some aspects of it require solo effort. Like grinding.

Purchase permit already solves the problem of linking, endowing, SN reset and some long duration buffs. Whats left is mostly repetitive tasks like keep a bragi up in town to buff a champ doing geffenia or smth. A merchie to loot/carry stuff in party's like Mystic. Also transfer between accounts would be faster and easier than using guild storage.

Those are good example usages that wont touch the social aspect of the game. Its being beyond delusional to say you will socialize doing repetitive and boring tasks like this for weeks, or even months... years. Probably not even someone that deeply love you would have such commitment.
02-12-2018 07:54 PM