No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Client Yes or No
Syl Offline
A cat

RE: Dual Client Yes or No

I agree with Menace, I've been back on the server for about 3 months and it is not easy to start a party here. It not often you have 4 people on at the same time that has a character (priest,wiz, bragi, lure, sp) that wants to party for muspel, party to other places are non existent (if there is I haven't seen it). When a muspel is called in main response is lacking or newbies want to join with a character that isn't a party character. I personally am happy to priest with a dual bragi or sp batt dragging behind. That way it reduces the number of people needed to kick start a leveling party and perhaps will get more parties going. It may help attract more people to the server and may keep the new ones that have troubles leveling on the server. Higher levels = easier farming = more zenny = stimulate the server economy.

On the topic of organizing 2-3 people parties. Haven't personally seen any yet so not much to comment.

On the topic of people missing out on parties, personally I don't see that as an issue, if you have a character that can filled role of priest/bragi/sp/lure/wiz then there's no need to dual client that character. From what I have seen since coming back, there is always a need for people to fill those roles.

And if you are a vet with a difficult to level character, join and dual a character that is needed in a party.
02-13-2018 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(02-12-2018 07:54 PM)kysp Wrote:  Purchase permit already solves the problem of linking, endowing, SN reset and some long duration buffs.

Soul links expires when logging out, and to return on your store-set linker character you have to log out it from @at.

(02-12-2018 07:54 PM)kysp Wrote:  Also transfer between accounts would be faster and easier than using guild storage.

From experience, moving stuff to/from g.storage is easier and faster when you have hundreds if not thousands of items. G.storage can move like max 800 items at a time, when a dual cliented merchant will only trade 10 items per deal, and the resulting amount of clickwork and time to do all the trades makes it less and less efficient when scaling the thing up to big numbers.

On the contrary, if you have to move only max 10-20 items, it may be better to deal directly character<->vendor, but its already easy to move stuff with g.storage and its not limited to 10-items-per-transfer so the "it will be easier and faster to move stuff between accounts" doesnt hold a point for me.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 06:55 AM by The Roger.)
02-13-2018 06:46 AM
Menace651 Offline

(02-13-2018 04:50 AM)Syl Wrote:  I agree with Menace, I've been back on the server for about 3 months and it is not easy to start a party here. It not often you have 4 people on at the same time that has a character (priest,wiz, bragi, lure, sp) that wants to party for muspel, party to other places are non existent (if there is I haven't seen it). When a muspel is called in main response is lacking or newbies want to join with a character that isn't a party character. I personally am happy to priest with a dual bragi or sp batt dragging behind. That way it reduces the number of people needed to kick start a leveling party and perhaps will get more parties going. It may help attract more people to the server and may keep the new ones that have troubles leveling on the server. Higher levels = easier farming = more zenny = stimulate the server economy.

On the topic of organizing 2-3 people parties. Haven't personally seen any yet so not much to comment.

On the topic of people missing out on parties, personally I don't see that as an issue, if you have a character that can filled role of priest/bragi/sp/lure/wiz then there's no need to dual client that character. From what I have seen since coming back, there is always a need for people to fill those roles.

And if you are a vet with a difficult to level character, join and dual a character that is needed in a party.

I think most vets who are against dual clienting don't want the competition or don't care about leveling parties anymore since most of their characters are 99/70. They also don't realize how hard it is for new players to start off on a server without gears or the ability to dual client or buff themselves.

I would like to see all the people that are against dual clienting to start a new character with no gears or zeny and try to get to 99 trans on this server right now without getting hard leeched.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 11:24 AM by Menace651.)
02-13-2018 10:47 AM
Bakorzero Offline

Well everyone must start from 0 anyway. Some newbies now have many option from vendors from the veterans so they can just farm money and buy some good gears. I am also a newbie who buy many gears from vendors from veterans.

One suggestion from me is how about implementing mercenary ? maybe mercenary for newbies, has time limit and lv cap. Introducing some support based mercenary would be nice :3 I remember the one we get when we fight in glastheim event but of course more regulation will be needed. But maybe you want to add advanced mercenary for veterans too, (some quest/requirements will be needed)

Other thing is pet, I hope more pet with more various skill will be added that will be nice too. It will be fun for example having alice pet can make you able to cast heal skill lv 5. Maybe limited pet for newbies too ?

Or maybe introducing some gears that have skill support from other char for yourself but ofc with lower lv skill and shorter time effect.

One more suggestion, how about creating NPC that can give buffs to your other char in other account/slot. But in order to cast/giving buff you have to talk the npc with your support character for example I use Priest and choose Blessing and the NPC ask the name of our character who needs the buff, then we log off to other char and talk to the NPC and the NPC will buff us based on the buff/skill level our priest activate to the npc for 1 time(TL;DR like zeny transfer from bankster but in here it's buffs). To buff again we have to activate the npc with our support character again. Ofc it has some cost and maybe other requirements/quest etc.

But hey that's just a theory a game theory.

PS : I am not against dual clienting I just indifferent to that possibilities here. I am just suggesting some alternatives.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 11:20 AM by Bakorzero.)
02-13-2018 10:57 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(02-13-2018 10:47 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 04:50 AM)Syl Wrote:  I agree with Menace, I've been back on the server for about 3 months and it is not easy to start a party here. It not often you have 4 people on at the same time that has a character (priest,wiz, bragi, lure, sp) that wants to party for muspel, party to other places are non existent (if there is I haven't seen it). When a muspel is called in main response is lacking or newbies want to join with a character that isn't a party character. I personally am happy to priest with a dual bragi or sp batt dragging behind. That way it reduces the number of people needed to kick start a leveling party and perhaps will get more parties going. It may help attract more people to the server and may keep the new ones that have troubles leveling on the server. Higher levels = easier farming = more zenny = stimulate the server economy.

I think most vets who are against dual clienting don't want the competition or don't care about leveling parties anymore since most of their characters are 99/70. They also don't realize how hard it is for new players to start off on a server without gears or the ability to dual client or buff themselves.

I would like to see all the people that are against dual clienting to start a new character with no gears or zeny and try to get to 99 trans on this server right now without getting hard leeched.

But I've done exactly that, two years ago. I made a brand new character on a separate account and gave it 0 gears. All the things that character obtained was via buying or finding it themselves.

How the hell else you think the newbie beginner's guide I wrote came about?

Edit: Link to guide: http://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/showt...?tid=29584

Or feel free to go to the wiki link here:
http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...ners_guide

Also extra comment on edit: Its easier than ever to get geared on this server since we actually vend a lot more things far cheaper than in the past. I remember when stuff like Valkyrie Mant never even being found in a vending shop nor would any players sell it to you. Now and days you could buy one from someone for 5mil most. .-.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 11:39 AM by Aaronock.)
02-13-2018 11:36 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Npc give easy to make newby hats, job exp is easy in neko island, healer quest is easy, there is mining, there is fishing, what else do you want to go on? directly a 99/70 character? If so, thats the door and thank you for all the fish (even if you didnt fish at all).

People assume that, starting with 0 gears/zeny, its possible to powerlevel and jump over grind-times, and these people are wrong.
Starting anew, a bit of boring grinding its unavoidable from the system.
A player asks for easier things, you make them easier, then he adapts to them and puts them as the new standard and then he will ask for easier things again. This, is the perfect example of a Crybaby.

When i started here, i started with a Blacksmith, and i spent good time mining and selling gems and rocks to the npc, made some millions of zeny and bought better gears so i was able to grind better. And i finished the 99 of My BS autoattacking thousands of isis. Yes. At 98 isis give 0.0186%. Dealing like 400 dmg per hit (str/agi build).

Nowadays its way easier to lvl. Ppl must stop complaining about levelling from 0. Its not that veterans are dissociated from reality.

Want zeny? Make a sin and a merchant. Go mob stuff and OC it to npcs. Its not one or two Blessing and AgiUp from the second client's priest that will make you move on.

Back to the important aspects of the dicussion; the question is one and one only: do we want to give out free BG/woe points? Because its what its gonna happen with multiclienting: one person with 4 characters farming BG/woe points on 4 accounts, with 2 of them buying keys to chain BG forever.

Because talking about levelling is pointless, talking about endowing ourself is pointless. We might think of a way to implement "mercenary" bard and dancers AI rentable at a zeny cost for X time. And maybe that too for soullinks: put a npc that links you for like 100k zeny (or sells soul linking scrolls(?) for zeny/items/both).

Multiclienting is the lazy way of fixing things. There are still some options to consider.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
02-13-2018 12:39 PM
Menace651 Offline

@Roger and Valero, yes I am open to other ideas as well and have suggested them In the past like buffing npc's, scrolls or mercenaries but they have been largely disliked by people.

And yes I have done my fair share of grinding and enjoy it but I also would like to see parties flourish again which is also a big part of the game. It gets frustrating when you can't even start a party because there aren't enough people online who want/can bragi or sp when you could just dual and get the party going. Yes you could go 2-3 man somewhere but most mid-high end dungeons require 4-5 basic roles.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 01:36 PM by Menace651.)
02-13-2018 01:27 PM
Syl Offline
A cat

Understandable everyone starts at 0. But the point here is how to make new people stay. Ro is not necessarily as popular as it used to be and since coming back, I've seen quite a few new people come and go. Quitters are bad for the the game economy, less things get sold. The point is Ro is not as popular as it used to be, and instead of hoping for a pro grinder to stumble upon the server, it's more effective to consider ways to make non pro grinders stay.

Regardless, the main point I'm trying to get across is there's minimal to no parties going. And dual client as part of a solution. If anyone else can come up with a way for parties to regularly happen without dual. I rest my case.
02-13-2018 07:28 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(02-13-2018 07:28 PM)Syl Wrote:  Understandable everyone starts at 0. But the point here is how to make new people stay. Ro is not necessarily as popular as it used to be and since coming back, I've seen quite a few new people come and go. Quitters are bad for the the game economy, less things get sold. The point is Ro is not as popular as it used to be, and instead of hoping for a pro grinder to stumble upon the server, it's more effective to consider ways to make non pro grinders stay.

Regardless, the main point I'm trying to get across is there's minimal to no parties going. And dual client as part of a solution. If anyone else can come up with a way for parties to regularly happen without dual. I rest my case.

Plenty has been done. Instead you should ask are players taking advantage of the customs and changes given to us. I'd argue outside of grinding out Muspel lately, I hardly see much of it.

And that's sad cause we've had some new gear releases in Bifrost last year, the MVP revamp and the whole item drop revamps things done already in a lot of places. That's been a tremendous boon for us when trying to get some of the lower-mid tier drops.

Why don't people duo more often on this server is beyond me cause there's a lot of great locations to grind out or gather items from. Hecks we even got a currently 5x droprate change currently, no better time to go out there to get yourselves a few nice little items. :>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-13-2018 09:23 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

The arguments aimed more towards helping newbies stay, by making low level grind easier, are fairly reasonable. But I feel like this opens up a whole other topic. There are other ways to make grinding easier, if need be.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
02-14-2018 12:57 AM