• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fresh Start
Edward Elric Offline
Full Metal

Fresh Start

Hello everyone,

Any oldies from 13 years ago? LOLs

Pandaaaaa, are you still there??

I miss the old times playing RO in HeRO it was a really funny experience, also we shared so much time together that we made IRL friends out of this. By far it was the best server I ever played, some of my friends are still playing RO, but on differents servers around.

I was wondering if it would be possible to do another parallel server, keeping the same database, but doing a fresh start. I'm pretty sure many oldies and new players would join to revive such a great experience we had here =).

See you guys around No1

Ed Kissy

~The Rekinjutsu Way~

Edward Elric
Von Mises
Shiose
Negi Springfield
Hitsugaya Toushiro
Bakuhatsu Kyudo
Aeria Gloris
Aoshi Shinomori
Jin Kazama
Crimson Fatalis
Hiten Shiose
Hei
02-17-2018 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyomaru Offline

RE: Fresh Start

Hey you all. Long time, eh?

Well, I am one of the supporters of Ed in this request's initiative. HeRO brought us so many joys and the memories are still vivid within us.
I am sure that a parallel server, just exactly the way it is, but as a fresh start, would be quite a remarkable thing.

As he mentioned, HeRO have changed some of our lives. After so many years, our lives are different now, but HeRO is still with us. This would be a great chance to write a new chapter in here.

See ya around! Hope Panda gives Ed's idea a chance!
02-17-2018 08:34 PM
Menace651 Offline

I would join But GM's would have to implement more stuff like dual client, higher rates, etc. I spent 8+ years farming stuff here and I don't want to spend another 8 farming all over again.

But doing a parallel server is usually a bad idea as it would divide what little population we have left. A complete reboot of the server would be more ideal.

However I think GM's are better off just trying to save the server by implementing new content and "ease of play" features like dual clienting, permanent higher rates, etc. to attract and retain new and old players. That coupled with an aggressive advertising campaign on RMS would revive this server.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018 08:59 PM by Menace651.)
02-17-2018 08:48 PM
Kyomaru Offline

(02-17-2018 08:48 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  I would join But GM's would have to implement more stuff like dual client, higher rates, etc. I spent 8+ years farming stuff here and I don't want to spend another 10 farming all over again.

But doing a parallel server is usually a bad idea as it would divide what little population we have left. A complete reboot of the server would be more ideal.

However I think GM's are better off just trying to save the server by implementing new content and "ease of play" features like dual clienting, permanent higher rates, etc. to attract and retain new and old players. That coupled with an aggressive advertising campaign on RMS would revive this server.

I am not sure if changing anything would, in fact, attract more people. You know, we loved heRO server as it was. And we miss what it was. The rates, the challenge, the events, the personality of the server with single client only, promoting parties and encouraging people to play together... etc.

Changing these basic characteristics... I don't know, but I feel it wouldn't be heRO then.
And as doing a total wipe wouldn't be very attractive to the staff, I think. I think the soul of the original true heRO server should still live.
But you are right about splitting the small community that still lives. It would be something to consider, if ever this idea is getting considered xD Icon_biggrin

Anyway, a heRO reborn like fresh server is the best thing I would think whenever I think of RO again. The joys of starting a new RO adventure, along with the freshness and uniqueness that only heRO is capable to deliver. 10/10 feels.
02-17-2018 09:02 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hi Ed, some of us oldies still show our heads around here.

As for a restart on the server, I'm not really for it but mostly cause I would probably quit RO altogether if I didn't have my items and gears anymore. I ain't got the time or patience I once had for this game.

Definitely cherish the memories, good and bad. Learned a lot as a person from all the time spent here.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-17-2018 09:19 PM
Edward Elric Offline
Full Metal

Well.... I was talking about open a new server not wiping the old one xD. And yeah our lives changed in 13 years…, I just wished for a new server and a fresh start heh. But it's just a suggestion, you guys can keep going on...more opinions are appreciated.

~The Rekinjutsu Way~

Edward Elric
Von Mises
Shiose
Negi Springfield
Hitsugaya Toushiro
Bakuhatsu Kyudo
Aeria Gloris
Aoshi Shinomori
Jin Kazama
Crimson Fatalis
Hiten Shiose
Hei
02-17-2018 09:37 PM
Menace651 Offline

(02-17-2018 09:19 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  Hi Ed, some of us oldies still show our heads around here.

As for a restart on the server, I'm not really for it but mostly cause I would probably quit RO altogether if I didn't have my items and gears anymore. I ain't got the time or patience I once had for this game.

Definitely cherish the memories, good and bad. Learned a lot as a person from all the time spent here.

Yes the memories were very fond. But if Hero wants to continue to thrive we need to adapt and make changes that will attract and keep up with the current RO playerbase. Living in the past isn't going to help this server survive and move forward.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 02:12 AM by Menace651.)
02-17-2018 10:03 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I like the concept, not so much the practice. I've been here long enough that the vast majority of my alts have or can share relatively above average gears (a lot of which are frequently used to quickly level new alts up to 70-80 where the game usually stagnates for me, at least in solo-play). Some of them have more specialized gears that are either incredibly niche or otherwise class locked.

If we did do a parallel Server to facilitate a fresh start, I might pop in with a new alias, but I dunno how far I'd make it. Would people take the time to farm Hydra's and skel workers for their PVP weapons? or would they simply BG until they got stuff that'd need more BG's to refine it to the ultimate level? Would my battle priests be able to once again destroy PEOPLE with an NPC stunner and Magnum break clip?

Perhaps a fresh start would facilitate some of those first class parties which I love and adore? For one thing, a new server means ALL OF THE NAMES ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN! But at the same time, how long would it take for a fresh server to start to whine and complain that they're to undergeared to do the popular exp places (muspel, ice, DG, Odins, Thors,pretty much everything from the New World onward). Fresh server means we don't (yet) have someone like roger who's farmed MVP's for who knows how many sleepless nights for the bajillions of OCA's to sell to people for (RNGenerated for his cult) Prices? For that matter, Rachel sanctuary needing to have that lottery to unlock would be a thing so a lot of popular grinding spots for solo leveling would be blocked off too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 04:45 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-18-2018 04:44 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(02-18-2018 04:44 AM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  Fresh server means we don't (yet) have someone like roger who's farmed MVP's for who knows how many sleepless nights for the bajillions of OCA's to sell to people for (RNGenerated for his cult)

But but thats a downside Icon_sad

Anyway, too much effort making/keeping a new server.

Also Hi from Roger!!! from the old Ordo Phoenicis guild Icon_smile
02-18-2018 06:10 AM
Kyomaru Offline

See, that's the thing. How many Rogers or how many Legendary Joes do we have in the server? Its not the majority, right? We all have gears and will put behind the effort we had in the past if a new one is released.
Everyone, including Ed and myself, would have to start all over again. We can't deny that there is some adorable feeling about starting again, specially when the server is brand new. Even more, a server with heRO characteristics. Getting your first hat from hatter, your first wing from the Trials of Heroes... such feelings that you achieved once and the purpose is to have all that again.

Ed's suggestion is to keep the current server as it is. No one should lose their hard effort, I understand.
But, running a parallel for those who want to have all that experience again? Would it do a great harm the current server?
I don't know, but in the end, I think that even Roger and others that are extremelly well geared and spent years in heRO, would like to play a new heRO season, with lots of new people and stuff. xD

Well, thanks for the inputs, guys.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 10:33 AM by Kyomaru.)
02-18-2018 10:32 AM