Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Introducing Class Combo Gears!
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Introducing Class Combo Gears!

So, the rogue set:

No, this is not a "bow build rogue now on par with the other bow classes!" This is still predominantly a magic build equip set, with Double Strafe as your "skill tax" which you see is something we're experimenting on as justification for the power budget of the gears, so that it's not a direct power creep and to prevent helping unintended builds. Magic rogue have an issue where if something barely lives your spell, you really have no choice but to cast your only spell again unless you switch over to a bolting sword (and they suck in dmg, even if you fully spec magic.) This is especially problematic if you copied some costly aoe spell, then you got nothing but to cast it again if there's a single strangler. Your cast time may not be the best and it puts unnecessary risk (and SP cost) on you.

Now you got DS to fall back on so that you aren't using the big gun on all occasion. You aren't as forced to pick up cold bolt to initiate elemental sword (in which case, you're offensively a bad SN but with more HP) because you can use whatever AoE spell then DS something off if necessary. You aren't doing it fast nor is it going to be your damage source. You're using it to supplement your one and only spell. Also having bow, you aren't useless against monster that resists your copied spell's element. The best example is if you happen to copy SG to participate in Muspel, but now you aren't useless against Selkie. You're slow at it, but you aren't helpless if you have to fight a water monster.

The build continues the theme that rogues are hybrids of everything, and you sacrifice power for that flexibility. This build doesn't even demand a bow as you can still use elemental sword or bazerald for raw matk power, and swap to a bow if you need the piercing. Even bow requirement is not strongly enforced, for the sake of giving you flexibility.

Perhaps it still needs tune up to be more in line with the other class's combo gears (or tune down the others, if deemed require, but I don't think that's the case yet.) However, the standard of power comparison shouldn't be how well I can DS compare to traditional DSer, or how well I can cast spells compare to an actual caster. It should be measured at how many different things I can still do, and do it at an "acceptable" level while still WORSE than the other dedicated classes who can only do a single thing.

04-23-2018 06:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

RE: Introducing Class Combo Gears!

That actually really clears things up.
I suppose I should start looking at the set from more of a magic perspective. Will try it :3

Thanks

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
04-25-2018 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply