Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Introducing Class Combo Gears!
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

RE: Introducing Class Combo Gears!

It just came to a realisation to me that the Nab's set, although catered towards making stalkers truly versatile, by being able to DS, and use magic at the same time.. still doesn't really do the trick.

Assuming you want to go for DS dmg, and magic dmg, you'd take max int/dex... but this leave aspd/agi so low that your DS is practically useless.
To reduce this problem, you could reduce DEX to get more AGI, but at the cost of so much cast time AND damage, you'll only be able to get so little aspd.
Arguable, you can reduce INT to get more AGI. In this case, you lose so much matk that you might as well not use magic.

Am I missing something about this set??

help

Need some advice, or improvements about this set before i continue using it and carding it, as it seems like its useless.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

04-12-2018 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Stalker is many classes and no class at the same time; it can do many things but cannot excel in any of them. if im right, this set is made having in mind this, so it merged DS with magic without trying to make everything OP. The general iteration is to make something "normal" than "overpowered": its better to increase the power of something later than having to reduce it because too strong.

Now, the complete set gives:
13 DEF
3 MDEF
6 DEX
7 INT
ACD reduction 10%
Range Damage +20% if Double Strafe mastered
MATK dmg +10% if Double Strafe mastered
SP discount 5% of skills
SP pool increased by baseDEX*2
[if Stalker:] 10% DEF/MDEF pierce if Weapon refine is +10 (1% per refine)

Now considering we ca put a Byorgue card inside the armor for another ATK +10% & MATK +10%, Mystic Bow for extra DS cost discount (iirc this has to be fixed >_>) and more INT, plus its a bow so you can DS with it, copy for example Storm Gust on a build of 90+DEX, 90+ INT, 50 AGI, plus the new racial hats that gives 5% reduction from [race] and 10% def/mdef pierce on [that race], plus Dragon Tail card in garment for +5% DS dmg generally or the other +10% damg on [element] & +15 crit on [race]... all of this already seems a good improvement for a mixed build.

If you dont want to use DS, you can still use the MATK daggers, but the best imho is using a bow. And there are weapon cards for race/size/element on the physical side and there are also the +5% matk on [race] cards if you make a quad compo bow with them to still use DS and have a +20% matk on said race.

Im not really an expert of stalker class, i just see it as the best lurer in bio3 once GTBed and linked with 99agi 99 dex 25 vit XD

PS:
yes you wont have high aspd with that mixed build. See it as "DS when enemies are 1-2 and SG when enemy's group count 3+ targets."

PPS:
it will always be underperfomant than the other specific classes. DS and magic dmg will be lower, cast time will be longer, sp pool more limited, aspd low... but partying already in two it should be already alot better. If you intend it to solo with, then my tip is to not use this set for the mixed build, and aim towards a pure bow/pure dagger builds or make new characters like a HW or Sniper or Sinx or LK.

PPPS:
99dex, 99int, 25 agi, agi bless, it can do like 20k dmg per SG on a kasa and 4300 dmg per DS with a +5 frozen bow with vadon and crystal arrow. Imho its quite good for a stalker and with only one build.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018 11:25 AM by The Roger.)
04-12-2018 11:10 AM
Topaze Offline

Hi just come here to say the ironforge boots have available classes: rogue
04-13-2018 08:39 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(04-12-2018 11:10 AM)The Roger Wrote:  Stalker is many classes and no class at the same time; it can do many things but cannot excel in any of them. if im right, this set is made having in mind this, so it merged DS with magic without trying to make everything OP. The general iteration is to make something "normal" than "overpowered": its better to increase the power of something later than having to reduce it because too strong.

Now, the complete set gives:
13 DEF
3 MDEF
6 DEX
7 INT
ACD reduction 10%
Range Damage +20% if Double Strafe mastered
MATK dmg +10% if Double Strafe mastered
SP discount 5% of skills
SP pool increased by baseDEX*2
[if Stalker:] 10% DEF/MDEF pierce if Weapon refine is +10 (1% per refine)

Now considering we ca put a Byorgue card inside the armor for another ATK +10% & MATK +10%, Mystic Bow for extra DS cost discount (iirc this has to be fixed >_>) and more INT, plus its a bow so you can DS with it, copy for example Storm Gust on a build of 90+DEX, 90+ INT, 50 AGI, plus the new racial hats that gives 5% reduction from [race] and 10% def/mdef pierce on [that race], plus Dragon Tail card in garment for +5% DS dmg generally or the other +10% damg on [element] & +15 crit on [race]... all of this already seems a good improvement for a mixed build.

If you dont want to use DS, you can still use the MATK daggers, but the best imho is using a bow. And there are weapon cards for race/size/element on the physical side and there are also the +5% matk on [race] cards if you make a quad compo bow with them to still use DS and have a +20% matk on said race.

I find on a lot of the various sets having +9 shoes/garments would help a lot too. The Dragontail nab's hood is nice, but if you can get those high refines every refine past +5 will get you an extra point of int too. get a +9 one for 4 int for a little extra oomph on your magic.go for that +10 for an extra magic boost~.

Black WIng set in particular seems like it's benefit IMMENSELY with +9 Shoes/garments. Get the luck and crit from chung E and get the aspd boost from Winter wolf.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
04-15-2018 03:59 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

@roger
See, those were all the calcs i did to look into whether this set was even worth it (after i made +7s of everything). And like you said,

(04-12-2018 11:10 AM)The Roger Wrote:  Stalker is many classes and no class at the same time; it can do many things but cannot excel in any of them. if im right, this set is made having in mind this, so it merged DS with magic without trying to make everything OP. The general iteration is to make something "normal" than "overpowered": its better to increase the power of something later than having to reduce it because too strong.

it's to make stalkers with this unused, completely useless build into something usable... But compared to say LK set, Paly set, Creator set... Is it enough, making a useless build just somewhat usable?

I think my bias to the lack of upgrade this set has provided is because I like the class, and I'd really like to see stalkers being used more in parties, or just used more in general, beside your typical BB stalker, but everything about this set so far isn't really opening up anything new for stalkers, like it did for GC pallies, and support creators. Those sets made certain builds, not just completely viable, but almost required in some settings.
What the stalker set is showing me SO FAR, is that it'll just be something fun to try just out of curiosity, then scrapped right after. In addition to regrets of wasting your cards on them, when you could've just went for orcus set and get more.
Stalkers with this build are already disadvantaged, in terms of their skill-set. They essentially are a class with 2 offensive skills - one from an archer, the other from a wizard. The fact that they have minimal skill options, AND average damage with either just shows how lacklustre this set is.

In conclusion, the set seemed like a great idea, but digging deep down, it's proving otherwise. But, at the meantime, I can't fully judge the set as I haven't tried it on a stalker (just a rogue)... So I'll be back with more rants (or compliments).

04-19-2018 03:30 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Yes, but it wont ever become better at archery than sniper or better at magery than high wizard; it will stay below them always.
The point imho is that, playing stalker, you can mix a bit the two things, also if one wants to do it Dagger-style or pure B.Bash build, it can: those are at one stat-reset of distance, instead of a "i-need-to-train-a-completely-new-character-to-trans-99/70" distance.

LK, Pally... for them there was already a good base to start with and so their sets came out really nice and good.
Alchemist's set: we werent much committed but in the end it came out as a very desirable to be used set. I remember discussions on that set like "we have no idea on how to make the alchemist's set good."

But stalker mixed build did receive an upgrade. Instead, what imho turned out to be bad or not-desirable is the sinx DD set, Sapha. The problem with this is that in pre-re, for DD builds to be good, it need to be pumped sooo much that it will came out broken for sure. Also, sinx packs already so many powerful tricks that adding another one would simply outshine many other, ending into a centering around sinx only.
SinXs, SinXs everywhere.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018 08:33 AM by The Roger.)
04-19-2018 08:32 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

While the Base agi-cast reductions on the Storm Staff does seem to be working, the description says that I should have a 10% chance to autocast Violent Gale when I use thunderstorm with the staff equipped. Having tried it, and checking with 1 other person on main who's tried it as well, this effect doesn't seem to be working.

The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
04-19-2018 09:54 AM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

@roger
Yeah i agree the sinx set is quite lacklustre itself, but sinx already have 24587396 builds to play around with.

Now back to the stalker set, as you said, "Yes, but it wont ever become better at archery than sniper or better at magery than high wizard; it will stay below them always.",
This is my exact problem that I discussed in my 4 paragraph response. I can't help but think you've entirely missed my points.
>>>>Why CAN'T stalkers be AT LEAST better than archer OR mage? Not even talking about hunter or wizard.

04-22-2018 04:27 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Well, i think thats the price to be archer and mage at the same time :o

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

04-22-2018 04:36 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

It's like the Twin blades class from the .hack// franchise. Jack of all trades, master of none. Compared to the respective classes, yea, they suck. But they are Highly adaptable. You want to cast spells, you can, but a wiz will still still blow you out of the water. You want to melee? You can, but those classes can give you the boot. If you have an evil druid, you can copy heal and pack ygg leaves and be a healer if you want, but you still lack those buffing skills everyone demands.

The Idea behind rogue is that they are adaptable. It'd be a lot nicer for them if we didn't have such a well established population with people who can fill those jobs a lot better than they can. But if a party is struggling to get off the ground, the fact that they are adaptable means that if people are willing to try, they might have a shot. Sure it's never going to out shoot the archer, or Be able to tank/kill stuff with bowling bash like a knight could, but it's better than nothing.

Admittedly, it'd probably be a lot nicer for them if RO's stats weren't so spread out so magic/range/melee could be swapped between on the fly, and that'd make copying skills more fun too. Because it's so much fun to go in with bowling bash/triple attack and be fully decked out for physical attack and you get hit with a fireball that you can't really use at all because your int/dex is terrible.

The Oka Compendium
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 03:09 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-22-2018 03:08 PM