Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Lutia Art Contest!
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

The Lutia Art Contest!

Help HeRO with your creativity to further develop Lutia and win prizes!

Rules & Guidelines
  • Deadline: August 1st at 12:00 AM (server time, EST GMT-5)
  • The GM Team will be the judges for this contest.
  • A player may submit as many entries as they want in any, some or all categories listed below.
  • Participants will receive 1 participation prize regardless of amount of entries submitted.
  • Participants can win only once per category, with a maximum of 2 wins on different categories. (IE You submitted 2 great card arts, but will win only once. However, your cutin art or video can win again since it's on a different category).
  • Any entries submitted may be used for heRO, regardless if it wins or not.
  • Please put all your entries in the same post (unless you reach the image limit, in which case put a link to your next post that contains entries), feel free to edit your post(s) until the deadline.
  • If your image streches the forum, please use thumbnails or links instead.
  • Please mention your character names in your entry post so we know who to give rewards to.
  • Your submitted art can have your name/artist signature on it, but please don't make it too big.
  • Do not steal someone else's work, if using artwork or other material made by someone else please ask them / credit them in your post.
  • Keep things PG-13.
  • Must be RO related (avoid images from other games, anime, etc).
  • More than 1 player may participate in the creation of an entry, however only 1 person may submit it and collect the participation/reward prize for it, that person is then responsible for prize distribution or any other deal agreed to by the players involved.

Categories
    Category #1 - Card Images:
  • Format: Bitmap (.bmp) or .png
  • Size: 300 x 400
  • Regular RO Border or heRO emblem not required.
  • Monster pictures are listed below.

Category #2 - NPC Cutin:
  • Format: Bitmap (.bmp) or .png
  • Size: Approximately 320 x 480
  • The Cutin doesn't have to look exactly like its NPC version, but try not to make it completely unrecognizable.
  • The background has to be transparent (for RGB: 255-0-255, for Hex: #FF00FF). The npc itself must not be transparent or have any semi-transparent pixels. If it's not at 100% opacity it will make the pink background not exactly FF00FF, which will be noticeable in-game (usually a quite ugly pink outline on the image). And please, don't use anti-aliasing.
  • If you want to check if your image is ok before sending, open it in photoshop, use the magic wand with a tolerance of 1, select the area around your npc, turn that white or black, see if you have a pink outline that shows around your npc, if so, you gotta make it go away!

Category #3 - Video:
  • Duration: at least 30 Seconds
  • Hosted on Youtube
  • Must showcase 1 or several feature(s) of Lutia in order to promote heRO to outside users (PVM, Questing, etc.)
  • Video should display the server name and rates (5/5/3) in the title or description
  • Have the following tags: "heRO", "Ragnarok", "Ragnarok Online", "heRO RO", "heRO Ragnarok", "Ragnarok Private Server", and "heRO Promo", and more if you wish
  • Format: any that YouTube accepts (.mov, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi)
  • Should be a video sequence rather than only screenshots and still images

Rewards

Participation Prize: For submitting at least 1 worthy* entry a player will be rewarded once with the following:

*To be considered a worthy an entry should look like at least more than 30 minutes was spent on it, we reserve the right to refuse entries deemed too "cheap" (avoid stick figures and such).
  • 1 Old Card Album
  • 1 Jewelry Box
  • 1 Costume Protection Helm (Left, ID 19972), or 1 Costume Drooping Panda (Right, ID 20103)

[Image: XwI5qWj.png]

In the case of card art or loading screen, If your submission is added to the server, you will obtain the prizes above, plus another Old Card Album.

There may be Special Mention prizes if the GM Team sees a need for it.

Prize for winning entries: Winners will get their participation prize, their choice of a headgear shown below, plus their choice of rewards from the list below the headgears.

Multiple winners can pick the same prize. There will be anywhere between 4 and 8 winning entries, but this amount can change depending on the amount of participants at the end of the contest.

[Image: sw62fcu.png]
[Image: 1WJwoE5.png]
[Image: NplFTRd.png]
First Row: Reissue Schmitz Helm, Magic Stone Hat, Silence Enforcer, Midas Whisper, Mitra.
Second Row: Rune Circlet, Whisper of Wind, Shadow Crown, Driver Band, Burning Spirit.
Third Row: Sniper's Googles, Resting Swan, Minstrel Song Hat
Fourth Row (Costumes): Five-Colored Feathers (Upper), Rainbow (Upper), Rainbow Star Headband (Mid), Rainbow Hopping Poring (Upper), Rainbow Ears Feather (Mid)
Fifth Row (Costumes): Black Silk Wings (Lower), White Silk Wings (Lower)

All hats take the upper slot. The first three rows of headgears have links to RMS to list their effects. The stat bonus remains, the stat requirement has been lowered to 99, and their defense is 3. The costumes have no effect. All headgears and costumes are subject to change.
  • Choice 1: 3x of any currently obtainable or previously released backpack
  • Choice 2: 300 BG Points, 50 BG Keys, 30 Assumptio Scrolls, and 10x of any +10 Stat Food
  • Choice 3: 7x OCA, 7x Jewelry Box, 7x Hat Voucher, 7x Wrapped Mask, and 1 Master Warp Pass
  • Choice 4: 5x Enriched Oridecon, 5x Enriched Elunium and 1x Safe Refine on any normally refinable weapons or armors, if the gear is below +7
  • Choice 5: 1x +3 Stat Enchant on any normally enchantable armor
  • Choice 6: Choice of 3x of any current hatter-only headgear, excluding slotted mids
  • Choice 7: 75 Bloody Branches, 100 Poring Boxes, and the Lutie Guild Hall for 30 days
  • Choice 8: Any 4x of the Lutia 2018 Non-Combo Gears (excluding ammo), refined to +7 (if refinable)
  • Choice 9: 1x Combo set of the 2018 Class Combo Gears, all refined to +7 (if refinable)
  • Choice 10: 200x Royal Gold Bullions (enough to reach the Baronet Title from scratch), 20 Event Bags, 2 GM Services, and a +7 Observation Wings.

Note: The same item cannot be chosen more than once.

Tools
  • tinypic (to host images for free without resizing, no registration required)
  • GIMP (for image editing)
  • Paint.net (for image editing)
  • Audacity (for editing sound for your video, if needed)
  • GRF Factory (to unpack a GRF to find existing sprites)
  • unbollox (to convert Unicode filenames to ASCII of an extracted GRF)
  • heRO Logo
  • actOR2 (to create .act files)
  • SPR Conview (to convert bmp to spr files and vice versa)
  • UnBollox (it converts unicode to/from ascii)

Questions
    Ask and we shall answer!
  • Will we get cards for all the monsters in the card list?
    Answer: Only the ones that have card images by the end of the contest. :P
  • How many prizes can one win?
    Answer: For submitting a worthy entry, you will get a participation prize. If you win on any category, you'll get the headgear and choice pack, and if your submission is selected to be added to the server, you'll also get an old card album.
  • I'm not great at digital drawings, can I do them by hand?
    Answer: Yes! Just make sure it's scanned properly (high resolution) and has a clean look (not blurry, grainy, etc).
  • Are any of the reward headgears animated?
    Answer: The Rainbow sparkles, Rainbow Star Headband looks like a shooting star, Hopping Rainbow Poring changes colors, and Rainbow Ears Feather shines.
  • Can my entries win more than once?
    Answer: You can win only once per category, regardless of entries. For example, you submitted 2 amazing card arts, but can win only once on the card category. However, if you submitted cutin art or a video, you have a chance to win again since it's on a different category. In total, you can win up to 2 times this way.

Disclaimers:
By posting your entry, you implicitly agree to the following:

Submitted entries can be used by the GM Team for the server in any way shape or form, in or outside the game.
The GM Team reserves the right to adjust prizes at any time as they see fit for balance purposes.
Any entry which is determined to be antagonistic to the HeRO Server or its players will be immediately disqualified. In-game or forum punishments may also apply.
The judgement of the contest organizers is final.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-16-2018 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lin Lin Offline
Dead Priestess In Pink~

RE: The Lutia Art Contest!

Soooooooooo... enduremycrappydrawingsagainmwahhaa~

1) Kalpea Henki
[Image: 2ZTeOYV.png]

2) Snow Angeling
[Image: IeVqdzI.png]
that's pee by the way

3) Sad Snowring
[Image: r2ZFFX0.png]
he's starving, someone feed him! ;w;

I'm the Angel, sent to guide you through Nightmares.

I'm the Devil, sent to slip you through your Dreams.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 05:42 PM by Lin Lin.)
05-17-2018 03:07 PM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

Big Grin RE: The Lutia Art Contest!

Time to try my gaphic design mad skillz Ok
[Image: 936.jpg]
05-21-2018 12:51 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

After some discussion with Pandora, I've added a third category: Videos. See the first post for more info!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-21-2018 07:54 AM
gakkung Offline
Mellow Industries, Founder and CEO

I have a question in regarding the NPC Cutins.

I figured, I may as well try my hand at drawing Mayor Lorens. After looking at the NPC for reference, I logged in-game to actually meet the NPC first hand to kinda just see how old or young I should draw him based on what he says, but when I went into the town hall, the mayor is different and apparently Lorens is dead??? Thinking

So, I'm just asking for clarification whether Lorens even needs a cutin, being dead and all lol Laugh

[Image: 24w4m89.png]
Credits to my sis for the beautiful siggy~

05-24-2018 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(05-24-2018 11:08 AM)gakkung Wrote:  I have a question in regarding the NPC Cutins.

I figured, I may as well try my hand at drawing Mayor Lorens. After looking at the NPC for reference, I logged in-game to actually meet the NPC first hand to kinda just see how old or young I should draw him based on what he says, but when I went into the town hall, the mayor is different and apparently Lorens is dead??? Thinking

So, I'm just asking for clarification whether Lorens even needs a cutin, being dead and all lol Laugh

He can still have one because you can do the old quests in the Lutia region by relieving those memories by visiting spirits in the Library. This is how you can meet several of the "dead" npcs. Icon_smile

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-24-2018 11:23 AM
gakkung Offline
Mellow Industries, Founder and CEO

(05-24-2018 11:23 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  He can still have one because you can do the old quests in the Lutia region by relieving those memories by visiting spirits in the Library. This is how you can meet several of the "dead" npcs. Icon_smile

Ok Ahhh! I see! Icon_suprised

I'll go ahead and try to do those then.

Thanks for the info Laugh

[Image: 24w4m89.png]
Credits to my sis for the beautiful siggy~

05-24-2018 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I just noticed, is that a Blue Gemstone in Rindy's hair?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
05-24-2018 02:10 PM
Plant Away

Can't recall the exact name of the headgear but I think it's Blue Ribbons (the mid headgear that increases damage against Brute)
05-24-2018 02:33 PM
Chost Offline
SK

I've got a question regarding some of the npc cutins, some npcs like Mayor Lorens or Tanja, The Medic already have a cutin, so i was wondering if there is a point in making a cutin for those npcs, i'm asking because i was gonna do the medic, but seeing as she already has one, i'm not so sure anymore.
05-26-2018 09:23 PM