Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Esma- dex dependent or not
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Esma- dex dependent or not

Namin? keeps hearing totally different stories on if Esma works with dex... some said that Esma is a predetermined spell with a specific casting time, irreducible by dex. Some say that it does, but esma is relatively fast on its own to notice (and thus only need around 50-80 dex most of the time.) Some say that on heRO's current svn it does not, but later svn will correct it so it's dex influenced again?

So... what's the truth to Esma on the *current* svn that heRO uses?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-21-2007 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stealth Offline
The Wind

RE: Esma- dex dependent or not

[Image: Esma.jpg]

This was taken from the ragnarokhq database.
Dunno how it works on the svn we r, but later on, it will be fixed
Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
06-22-2007 03:38 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Unfortunately, nothing is the same in that description compare to what Namine finds on roempire forum...

Esma
Prerequisite: Estin level 7, Estun level 7
Skill Type: Active, Es-
Max Level: 10
Cast Time/Delay: 2 seconds cast time (reduced by DEX)/0.5 seconds Delay
SP Cost**: 8 * skill level (8 SP at level 1, 80 SP at level 10)
Skill Damage Formula: (40 + base level) % * mATK * skill level

So not only is cast time different of 2 seconds flat or is it 2 seconds reducible by dex, but even skill damage formula is different according to Mr. Mardey's site...

(Same for SP cost, but here, more copy pasting from roempire forum:

**- SP consumption progression cannot be confirmed at the moment, but I'm sure that it's 80 SP at level 10. According to the lyamada skill calculator it's 8 * skill level, while Doddler says it's 10 * skill level except at level 10, where it becomes 80 SP instead of 100. In either case, you'll still end up with 80 SP per cast at level 10)

And also, it's rather odd how every single guide for SL, even for the Esma Linkers, suggest dex in their stats build somewhere o_o;

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2007 10:00 AM by Namine.)
06-22-2007 09:59 AM
Stealth Offline
The Wind

well, the database i got the info is online since 2002, the beta phase i guess, but i can look up on other pages, like rocards, the one i trust more, unfortunately, rocards is in deustch, but a good google translation and some mind effort can make us understand easily,
[Image: esma2.jpg]
A very strong magic attack, whose element depends on warm wind. The Skill is affected by ?warm wind?. The Aftercastdelay amount is 0,5 seconds. The Cast amount is 2 seconds.

the original text is on the img, maybe someone can translate better than google. and looks like it doesn't say if it is or it isn't reduced by dex.

on the ragnasim, simulator, the dex affects the cast time and the sp cost is *8 instead of *10. and i believe since the rocards doesn't say it is a fixed time, the common sense would say that it is affected by dex.
Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2007 03:13 PM by Stealth.)
06-22-2007 03:12 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I use the RODB database. It follows the actual eA stable releases. Esma should be reduced by dex (recent exp as a SL on svn 10xxx) and RODB doesn't say that it isn't reduced by dex so... I would say it is reduced by Dex.

[Image: esmarodbqq4.th.png]

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
06-22-2007 06:04 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i havent seen a noticeable diffrence with little dex and my current dex level so i stopped putting points in dex so who knows.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
06-22-2007 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I can't provide a definite answer for this, unfortunately. My server files have TK jobs implemented about as successfully as we have Ninja here, Esma doesn't show up in skill_cast_db or skill_castnodex_db.

The way I see it, there are three ways to find out. One is to try with no dex, and then with very high dex (Marionette Control would be a great help). The second is to get Panda to tell us if Esma (skill#469) shows up in skill_castnodex_db. The third is to dig up eAthena files from early 2006 and check skill_castnodex_db there. If any gypsy/clown wants to test, let me know.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
06-22-2007 09:01 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

Esma is not dex dependant on this server.
But it is affected by item/cards which reduce the casting time by a %.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
06-26-2007 03:54 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Icon_cry

WHAT THE FUDGE... how come 150 dex on a HR can have Esma as IC if it's really dex independent...

*resets and sigh* Someone add whisper muffler and avian wings to Namine's wishlist now... might as well dodge if Namine cannot cast any faster ><

06-26-2007 05:44 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

Yes, thats what I am doing. If you cast the spell that constantly heals you when you get hurt, the one that automatically revives you and that you have 200+ flee, you are nearly invincible.

The ideal build for a Soul Linker is very high int and agi. You will get rarely hit and when you do you will automatically heal for more than the damage you received. Its not that great in pvp but as long as you fight monsters you will be fine.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
06-27-2007 11:34 AM