Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Esma- dex dependent or not
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Esma- dex dependent or not

Yes yes, have been debating against Namine herself for days on vit/int or agi/int... vit is easier to build and better for mvp but agi is probably easier overall for monsters...

><; sigh, this is so hard to decide

(not to mention, can Namine get the 212 agi she plans without sacrificing her int gears at the moment...)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-27-2007 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

My little linker is built primarily for MVPing, so I like having the vit. Extra HP buffer is very nice, since you have to take the hit before you can heal. And immunity to stun and silence? Golden.

That being said, provided your flee is high enough to work, any agi will reduce your SP consumption. Flossie is usually tapped out after about 5 minutes, and has to sit and rest.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2007 02:29 PM by Force-Attuned Krogoth.)
06-27-2007 02:26 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:My little linker is built primarily for MVPing, so I like having the vit. Extra HP buffer is very nice, since you have to take the hit before you can heal. And immunity to stun and silence? Golden.

That being said, provided your flee is high enough to work, any agi will reduce your SP consumption. Flossie is usually tapped out after about 5 minutes, and has to sit and rest.

Yes, realized that problem... Tried to take a raydric few levels ago, and 2 raydric with one khalitzburg is totally out of SP (therefore, making it overall faster to stay at soils because of the sitting problem).

Guess that for SL to stay to train at a spot, Namine will need to have a lot of items to heal SP quickly... Icon_cry (but at least, overall still cheaper to buy blue potions than forming all the new agi gears... got all items for avian wing, except book of wind which is very expensive at the moment... x.x)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-27-2007 03:12 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Try seal or high orc if your tired of soil.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
06-27-2007 03:55 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Soil is very sufficient for experience (rather soil than seal... Namine trains far easier if they have better drops or things to look forward to Icon_biggrin), and seals are actually... sort of worse. Same problem that kaahi just burns SP so fast because of being hit x.x;

Training is not a problem, just that it seems like a SL cannot go anywhere without a lot of SP recovery items, but if the player is willing to invest a lot of items on every travel, then she can go anywhere instead =o

(but seriously, will later svn make it so esma is dex-dependent again? Like, on another server, 150 dex makes esma instant-case, so does that not mean it is "eventually" made to be dex dependent in future updates?)

06-27-2007 04:00 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

If you train at the soils, just casting kahii level 1 will do, it heals 200hp/hit you receive and usually Soils won't reach you. Only the mantis will hit you from times to time and 200hp is more than their damage so you will never take damage and barely spend SP on healing. This way you maximize the SP you can use to kill monsters. Also at high int, its possible to 1 shot soils if you use the fire element.

I level my own soul linker at the soils and after trying many places I found it to be the most efficient for this class.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
06-27-2007 04:14 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Oh Namine does not use any kaahi at all for soils... afterall lv 1 kaahi and lv 7 kaahi charges the same amount of SP anyway for healing (initial cast is different in SP cost, but the healing part is same) ><; Just taking the damage and throw estun at Mantis seems most effective.

Indeed for training purposes, SL is best at soil by far, as only a mobbing mage class characters or trans characters (SD from sinx, or arrow vulcans from the minstrels/gypsies) can really get soils faster than fire esma can... Just that Namine worries about if she can go outside of Soil anywhere in future levels even if she does have a phen card. Some dungeons are just so teemed with monsters that it seems SL really needs a party to do decently without major sit time~

(Guess Mr. Aegis is coming back to perhaps meet the new members of the heRO community now Icon_biggrin? Namine thinks that maybe sir should log on to his SL =P)

06-27-2007 04:30 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

Well, with the right spell cast on you its very easy to go anywhere. However, soul linkers like mages are better in a party than solo'ing.

The good thing about soul linker is their ability to switch element, if you can get to know what is the weakness of each monsters, you will be strong no matter where you go. As for bosses, if someone tank for you and a priest heal, you can constantly do massive damage for 7k+.

I will probably play around a bit with my SL eventually, but right now im trying to get an other character to 99.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
06-27-2007 04:36 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

The next SVN should make Esma dex dependent and it should make kaahi use less sp at lower levels when hit. The only ka- skill that is not dex dependent is kaizel.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
06-27-2007 07:29 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Going along with what Aegis said, linker is amazingly versatile. When I'm levelling, I just pick any old spot (except Abyss Lake) at random. Some are faster than others, but variety is the spice of life, imo. One of my absolute favorites is Juperos 1. There's so much stuff there, and lots of elements. I think it's fun keeping up with the different mobs all the time.

For MVPs, you'd be surprised how much punishment a linker can take. The trick, ironically, is to leave the summoned pets alive. With an appropriately carded shield (or Alice for most bosses; the pets rarely hit hard) a linker can tank most MVPs. If you have phen or bloody butterfly, they can shoot out the esmas while doing so. As with so much of soul linker, the only limitation is SP. That's where the berries and nemo come in handy, albeit expensive.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
06-28-2007 02:54 AM