Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Endless Rebirth System
Menace651 Offline

Endless Rebirth System

I saw this on another server I played a long time ago and thought it was a pretty cool idea that would add some replay value to the game.

Pretty much how it works is once a player reached level 99/70 they could trans "rebirth" back to a level 1/1 high novice. Upon doing so they would receive a special item(a rebirth soul or coin) that could be used in a special Rebirth shop that had special exclusive items. The player could do this as many times as they wanted to.

I think something like this here would add a lot of replay-ability. I always want to make new characters to mess around with but dont have room on my main accounts. It would make parties more active again as people would be re-leveling their characters over and over.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018 10:22 PM by Menace651.)
07-01-2018 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Endless Rebirth System

If the prize isnt outright really high, i wont ever re-reborn a trascended character to have it re-level to lv99/70 again.
Mostly Because, even for a guy like me, it will take a lot of time. last levels of a reborned character arent exactly the definition of "fast" xD

But, from the linked previous tread, i will definetely use a de-levelling option on at least one of my characters, which even in share and taxed is levelling too much X_X

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-02-2018 02:38 AM
Plant Away

+1, I have nothing against this concept. Need some thought on the implementation however so that it is rewarding enough for players to consider doing it over temporary missing high-end play.

However, I'm not sure I'd agree if stats bonuses or other strong gameplay advantages are given for doing this (based on the thread that Kiyo linked) as that would raise the gameplay floor and further demotivate new players from ever being able to compete with veterans. But this is debatable too, since this concept also brings veterans down to low levels and allows them more chances to interact with new players.

Add-on suggestion to this would be to allow players to use that rebirth currency as well as maybe more requirements like items and zeny to get back to 99/70 if they regret doing it.
07-02-2018 02:48 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(07-02-2018 02:38 AM)The Roger Wrote:  If the prize isnt outright really high, i wont ever re-reborn a trascended character to have it re-level to lv99/70 again.
Mostly Because, even for a guy like me, it will take a lot of time. last levels of a reborned character arent exactly the definition of "fast" xD

Pretty much this for me. Though I do like the replay-ability aspect, I honestly don't have that many capped characters (due to having way too many alts). It'd probably come down to what the rewards would be.

High Novice has 100 extra stat points to play around with compared to non-trans, would it be feasible to add more to that after the first go around? Would extended classes be exempt?

Building on the De-leveling aspect, maybe there could be some Treasures hidden in remote or lesser traveled locations, sometime containing traps that affect your characters in wierd ways, like De-leveling, status effects that don't care what your stats or equips are (to prevent immunities), changing your elemental armor enchant (oh noes, your fire armor in thors got changed to earth!)

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
07-02-2018 02:58 AM
Bakorzero Offline

Looking at my old replies on that thread makes me cringe so hard I want to kill myself Sweat
[Image: rG57CTN.jpg]

But overall I agree with the idea tho I am not sure what's the prize for such thing, but 1 suggestion prize item I think is life insurance since you invest time to rebirth again.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2018 07:52 AM by Bakorzero.)
07-02-2018 07:45 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not necessarily against this idea, but I am strongly against a "second currency" in heRO that we want to avoid as much as possible. So if we really are doing this, we definitely won't provide currency for a special rebirth shop. I don't see why we can't give the reward directly.

07-02-2018 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

(07-02-2018 10:55 AM)GM-Ayu Wrote:  Not necessarily against this idea, but I am strongly against a "second currency" in heRO that we want to avoid as much as possible. So if we really are doing this, we definitely won't provide currency for a special rebirth shop. I don't see why we can't give the reward directly.

The currency for rebirthing would have to be account/character locked of course to prevent people from using it as a second currency. As far as prizes yes it would have to be something worthwhile. Gym passes I could see being a good one. +200 extra weight per rebirth is something I would rebirth for. Or maybe even those renewal trans hats.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
07-02-2018 02:48 PM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

:0 I think a good reward would be a 2 slotted accessory
07-02-2018 03:24 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(07-02-2018 02:48 PM)Macane651 Wrote:  +200 extra weight per rebirth is something I would rebirth for.

This would instantly make me change from "i wont ever re-reborn anything" to "i will re-reborn 10 times all my characters in one month" for how its OP xD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-02-2018 05:37 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(07-02-2018 03:24 PM)Ponpon Wrote:  :0 I think a good reward would be a 2 slotted accessory

Zerom Phen Clip so ME priests don't have to swap so much plx.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
07-03-2018 03:56 AM