Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skills that Crit
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Skills that Crit

So far in the game of RO that we play, there are only 2 Skills that can do critical hits. Focus Arrow Strike (Sharp Shooting) and Shadow Slash.

Sharp Shooting laid some of the groundwork down but threw some conditions in that make me wonder if those apply to Shadow slash as well.

Like the fact that racial crit cards (Like Cruiser and Magmaring vrs brute) shouldn't affect Sharp shooting's crit chance vrs brute mobs. One of the things that makes me question this is looking at some of ninja's official gears.

Murasame [1] and Murasame [2] both give +10 crit against demi-human enemies. If shadow slash functions similarly to Sharp shoot in the crit department, shouldn't that racial crit boost not count?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
07-15-2018 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Skills that Crit

(07-15-2018 07:23 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  [...] Like the fact that racial crit cards (Like Cruiser and Magmaring vrs brute) shouldn't affect Sharp shooting's crit chance vrs brute mobs. [...]

Why they shouldnt?
Cruiser and magmaring cards do affect SS's chance of crit'ing on brute race, like other cards for other races do on those certain races, afaik.
Are you saying that the ninja skill isn't picking up crit bonuses when it have to?
Or what else? Sorry but i dont play Ninja and maybe im missing your point. Icon_sad

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-15-2018 09:15 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Regardless of how it *should* work, on our current Hercules emulator, shadow slash, sharpshooting and knight's auto-counter are all grouped in the same code block. Anything that applies for sharpshooting, applies for the other two in the exact same manner when it comes to how often it crits.

While we're add it, looking at the battle.c file sharpshoot (and by extension, Shadow Slash) SHOULD work with racial crit cards.

Keep in mind that the skills are critting but never shows the crit bubble: you can only tell the skill crit via change in damage. Also, I only researched how it calculates crit, but not the formula behind how crit damage applies to skills (if it's different or not).

07-16-2018 12:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(07-15-2018 09:15 PM)The Roger Wrote:  
(07-15-2018 07:23 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  [...] Like the fact that racial crit cards (Like Cruiser and Magmaring vrs brute) shouldn't affect Sharp shooting's crit chance vrs brute mobs. [...]

Why they shouldnt?
Cruiser and magmaring cards do affect SS's chance of crit'ing on brute race, like other cards for other races do on those certain races, afaik.
Are you saying that the ninja skill isn't picking up crit bonuses when it have to?
Or what else? Sorry but i dont play Ninja and maybe im missing your point. Icon_sad

Just a concern after looking at skill descriptions through iRO classic wiki.
irowiki classic's SharpShooting page Wrote:Only cards and equipment that increase CRIT in the status window will increase Focused Arrow Strike's chance to Crit. Cards that increase Crit rate but does not show in the status window such as Drosera cards and +7 CRIT, +10% damage vs race cards will not work with this skill.

Given the lack of skills that do crit, it was a concern when there's not really much info regarding that and Shadow slash. Considering the racial crit garment cards around (My favorite is roween), It'd be a shame if trying to use said cards on shadow manteau for ninja didn't boost the crit chance.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
07-16-2018 01:17 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

(07-16-2018 12:10 AM)GM-Ayu Wrote:  Regardless of how it *should* work, on our current Hercules emulator, shadow slash, sharpshooting and knight's auto-counter are all grouped in the same code block. Anything that applies for sharpshooting, applies for the other two in the exact same manner when it comes to how often it crits.

07-16-2018 02:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Then probably its an iRO thing; even among official servers there are slight differences between the same skills. One example i remember of is Rune Knight's Dragon Breath: on euRO it doesnt have any delay apart the global one (0.2) but iirc on iRO they put a higher delay on it, so there its not possible to make 149dex 193aspd multi-Kiel RKs to spam DB like madmen.
Imho its the same situation with Sharpshooting too.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-16-2018 02:37 AM