Female; has male characters
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crossdressers of heRO o_O;
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Crossdressers of heRO o_O;

Well... you sense "hostility" and "bashing", and we're telling you we personally don't, people in this thread only shared input and discussed things. You have a right to post how you feel about it, and we have a right to answer that we desagree.

Maybe you've been mistreated on other servers, but give this one a chance before you catalog it as hostile toward crossdressers. To me, this thread only proves that we're open about it, and people don't need to hide who they really are.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-31-2008 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Midori Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:Well... you sense "hostility" and "bashing", and we're telling you we personally don't, people in this thread only shared input and discussed things. You have a right to post how you feel about it, and we have a right to answer that we desagree.

Maybe you've been mistreated on other servers, but give this one a chance before you catalog it as hostile toward crossdressers. To me, this thread only proves that we're open about it, and people don't need to hide who they really are.

Certainly, I agree. Everyone should have a right to voice their opinion, I just think the majority of the posts in this thread is biased and they basically agree about the same thing.

So after an attempt of bringing some contrast into the topic, Mr. Slyph here, comes close to accusing me of being a liar and tells me I'm blowing things out of proportions. And while I respect his right to say what he wants, I can't help feeling that my input was received somewhat negatively, but that may just be me.

I any case, I think we all agree that there aren't too many people defending crossdressing in this thread. Maybe people don't have anything against it, but indifference can be a two-edged sword. Don't take me posting as an order or demand that people should stop making fun of crossdressing, more like a suggestion. Because jokes and laughter, even in good fun, can really hurt when you're the butt of the joke.
05-31-2008 09:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Almost all my characters are female, and most if not all of the oldies on the server know I'm male. This is the internet, you can be whatever you want to be, we have no right to judge, because we can't be sure that you are what you say you are. Even if you post pictures, how can we be sure that you didn't just rip them off of some myspace somewhere?

I personally never had a problem with being female, or any jokes that may pass my way. Though it does get interesting when people try to propose to you on main Thinking
05-31-2008 03:53 PM
Midori Offline

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I personally never had a problem with being female, or any jokes that may pass my way. Though it does get interesting when people try to propose to you on main Thinking

It's not that I have problems being female, more that I have a problem being male.

Cry
05-31-2008 04:34 PM
Sariel Offline

RE:??Crossdressers of heRO o_O;

Edit out.

[Image: GotJelly-Sariel.png]

heRo:
Sariel - Monk
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2008 03:59 PM by Sariel.)
05-31-2008 10:01 PM
Alex Offline

I confess I might be a little too lazy to read any previous posts... so for that reason I will just apport with the reason for which I use male characters, being a female.

My primary reason might be similar to Midori's, I feel like my personality, likes and dislikes, fit more into the mind of the "stereotype male"
I feel more like a guy (Never forgetting that I'm a woman, though).

The secondary reason would be "Yaoi", many friends of mine like yaoi and most of us make characters to marry them. It's cute -shrug-

Third and fourth reason would be that in my opinnion, females look a little too skanky (or at least, most of them) and boys look more...badass.

Fifth reason, experienced harrasment using female characters

And the last and least important reason would be that I play bards, and instead of making many accounts to have different gender characters, I just stick to the one account I have. (And trasnfering items from character to character is too much of a hassle)

I guess there are some girls out there that agree with the previous.

As for people who mock on crossdressers, I assume they either have nothing better to do, or feel bigger making others feel smaller. Who knows, everyone's got their reasons. Our share is to ignore them, instead of making a bigger brawl.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2008 11:02 PM by Alex.)
05-31-2008 10:57 PM
Chained Chaos Offline

To Midori; I don't think anyone in this thread has been bashing so-called "crossdressers" -- only the people who change their online gender for underhanded reasons. That being said, I can understand being fed up with prejudice. However, considering how no one in this thread really expressed that prejudice, going off on everyone didn't really seem justified. They were just discussing the issue. You certainly have the right to say what you want, but I think because of past experiences this subject just rubbed you the wrong way. I haven't been here long, but I think it's safe to assume that it wasn't intentional.

As for me? I'm a male playing male characters. For the same reason which gears Midori towards female characters: my characters are self-insertions into a virtual reality. I see every one of my characters as a different me, and thereby fashion them after myself in various ways. I'm not against playing female characters, or people who play them, but as a personal preference I play males. Playing a female character, at times, makes me feel a bit odd considering my view on my characters.

I know plenty of guys who play female characters. Most of them simply like the way they look. The way I see it, things tend to boil down into three categories:

1) People who play the gender they do for aesthetic purposes, who would rather look at something they find attractive; these types normally take a third-person view of their characters, seeing them as just a sprite whom they're controlling.

2) People who, like myself, see their characters as extensions of themselves, and thus model them after who they are; people like me tend to take a first-person position with their characters.

and, 3) People who don't really care either way what gender they choose, and typically choose whichever gender they find most appealing given the differences in sprites for whatever class they're playing.

Doesn't really matter which of the three categories you fall under. As long as you're personable and don't cause trouble in-game, who cares? If you're a female and you want to play male characters to escape the immature boys who can't keep it in their pants? Go for it. If people think you're a guy, it's their problem. If it bothers you, tell them right off that you're a girl. Same goes for guys. If it bothers you, let it be known. Otherwise, there's no problem.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2008 03:08 AM by Chained Chaos.)
06-01-2008 02:58 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

+1 to that first paragraph from Chained Chaos ^_^ I think you summed it best.

I think I fit best in the 2nd category, although I also have some male characters for bard and due to an account that was left to me.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-01-2008 08:32 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

the only hostility in this entire thread, as well as any crossdresser related hostility i have ever experienced on heRO, was started by midori just now.

the fact that namine made this thread and so many people have indulged openly in it is the only proof you need about heRO's open-mindedness.

not sure what your reason for creating this uncomfortable atmosphere was, but if its because you think youll be judged, you wont.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2008 03:06 PM by teOx.)
06-01-2008 03:05 PM
Alex Offline

Amazing, Chained Chaos, you practically spoke my mind!
I couldn't have put my thought to words as organized as you.
I agree with you.
06-01-2008 05:02 PM