• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown
SoTme Offline

RE: Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown

NO :<
Pixie Follow your feeling !!
i think the unknown are not reliable
cant trust them
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 05:43 AM by SoTme.)
10-27-2018 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lin Lin Offline
Dead Priestess In Pink~

She didn't feel up to explaining her thoughts, but the reporter still had asked her for her opinion and questioned if they should hand over the Dreamstone to these 'Unknown' people. "No" was an abrupt answer given from the female assassin princess, known to most as Rei Rei.

"Giving up something like that, who's to say they aren't seeking it's power for something else..? Who's going to be stupid enough to take them at their word, that they had no hand in the destruction wrought?" There was no question in her mind, she knew people that have done terrible things along the same lines.

"You said they destroyed something.. What was it, some robot?" The person nodded quickly in response, not uttering a word since they initially asked for her opinion. It might have been the male cackles coming from the curse sword, Tyrfing, who for the most part was behaving. "How do I get there..?" There was a tone to her words, she wasn't asking, more-so demanding instructions. The reporter stuttered out somewhat mangled instructions.

"....Thanks"
As she walked away from the reporter "If you put my name down..." the reporter quickly waved their hands back and forth, claiming they would put her down as an Anonymous response.

I'm the Angel, sent to guide you through Nightmares.

I'm the Devil, sent to slip you through your Dreams.
10-27-2018 06:15 PM
Innvazor Offline

Pixie, do not let your emotions cloud your judgement.

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.

'The Unknown', I'm sure it won't stop at nothing!, they could wipe the entire realm if they wanted to. We all saw it's power... Amaria...The Heroes... Don't let their deaths be in vain.

You know we can't trust in 'The Unkown', but there's no other choice, give away the core, there's still hope for Faeheim. (at least, we gotta believe that...)
10-27-2018 11:30 PM
gakkung Offline
Mellow Industries, Founder and CEO

Natsume listened on to the woes of the fae.

Tired from the hustle and bustle of the day's events, he retreated into his room at the inn. In the small sanctuary of his room, he began to dwell and reflect on what had just happened.

From devastation and uncertainty, the fae had began to create a new haven. The Unknown had brought about an onslaught, and though it has ended for now, no doubt it would all start over again should their demands not be met. Vexing as it was, there was absolutely no way for the fae to keep it without a few casualties. What they've built would not survive.

Irritated, Natsu dropped to his bed, covering his eyes and sighing deeply.

"There's no other way," he muttered to himself. "They must give them the core."

Faeheim's rehabilitation, the future of its residents, and the future of the country depended on it. The rebuilding of Faeheim is not yet complete. As of this moment, they do not yet need the core for survival. But what about in the future? What should happen when they come to rely on it once more to live? What would happen if it ran out of power? Where would the fae be then?

Thoughts raced on in his mind and it came to him, an epiphany.

"A core-powered Faeheim is no different from the Human world. We have grown much too reliant on the Heart of Ymir that we no longer can survive without it," He though to himself."Faeheim must learn to survive without relying on an energy source. Especially one that they still do not completely comprehend! Who knows if the core is renewable....or sustainable even?"

"But something's off," he said as he sat upright, looking into his hands. "This whole situation...reeks. Why now? Why after all this time? It doesn't look as if The Unknown couldn't have pilfered it in the war. And surely during the rebuilding effort, even if the core were guarded it couldn't have been difficult to slip past the guards as most of the effort was concentrated on the reconstruction. Why now?"

He looked outside the window and watched the sun set over the town. The sun looked as though it were slowly being devoured by the sea, surrendering to the tranquility of the waves. Watching the sun slowly set inspired as sense of calm that began to wash over Natsu. The feelings of dread and gloom were replaced by those of tiredness and tranquility, and yet the feelings did not completely drown out his anxiety.

For a moment, he could almost swear he saw beings lurking in the shadows. Probably, just a figment of his over-active imagination. And yet he could not escape the feeling that something sinister was going to happen.

"Dark times will soon be upon us..." he said as his words floated across the room, slowing being carried away by the sound of the waves from the nearby sea.

[Image: 24w4m89.png]
Credits to my sis for the beautiful siggy~

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018 11:57 AM by gakkung.)
10-28-2018 10:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
???? Offline
Anonymous Fairy

An Anonymous Response

It isn't bad enough that Faeheim both allows interference from other governments in its matters, and openly interferes with other governments' sovereignty? Now we're going to let a group of demons take what the fairies rightfully own? Fiends that have consistently attacked us over centuries with no intent of dialogue, no less!

As said several times before, the moment we denied what they wanted, they attacked and destroyed our Defense Manager. They weakened our nation's golem defenses, leaving us vulnerable to attacks from them or anyone else. This is not a sign of good will from The Unknown. It is an act of war.

I propose we give nothing to our invaders, and that instead, we destroy the core for good. Indeed war is hell, but if The Unknown retaliate, what do we do, roll over? No, we give them lightning and fury like Hel herself hath not.

Pixie is too weak for even allowing there be a consideration on matters like this. Her constant blunders over the years have proved she is not fit for the throne. In times like these, we need a stronger leader. One who takes no nonsense and can make the hard call when needed.

[Image: q7N6xXG.png]
10-28-2018 10:38 AM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The results are in, and... the discussion / vote ends in a tie! What will the Queen of Faeheim decide? Find out later tonight!

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
10-29-2018 06:03 PM
Pixie Offline
Faeheim Princess & Auction Organizer

Stubborn Decisions, or Wise Choices

Hello, residents of Faeheim, and of other countries. These past few days have been taxing, with new attacks on my people, and on peace in general, as well as the escape of two dangerous war criminals and the death of several guards in an airship attack. More recently, these beings who we know as The Unknown have asked for a treasure we kept secret for many years, due to its unnatural ability to attract war. The dreamstone core has been "the talk of the town", as the saying goes, and it seems everyone has their own unique opinion about what to do with it.

Meanwhile, the heads of government of Faeheim have met several times to discuss our next course of action, and each time we reached deadlock. A tie, so to speak. Unable to reach a solid consensus for the time being, I've taken executive action and decided to keep the status quo. The dreamstone core will stay in its current location, and will not be handed over to Altjyhra or the rest of The Unknown.

We've increased security throughout all of Faeheim to defend against The Unknown or the recently escaped war criminals Andromallius and Cimeies. The scientific research division of Faeheim's Army discovered some time ago that dreamstone hinders The Unknown's ability to teleport within a wide range, therefore Carandel and Tessera are safe from spontaneous attacks. However, Marasmius, Fortuna and the sky city of Caerulia are still prone to them, for which we've assigned greater security assets to them.

While withholding the dreamstone core is the decision I personally favor, it is not an easy one to make. Please know that I will always strive to ensure the safety of our nation, and the world.

Thank you for your time, and your understanding.
10-29-2018 07:02 PM
Amdusias Offline
Usurper of Faeheim's Throne

A Call To Action

Time after time, Pixie and Lucretia prove to be a hindrance for Faeheim... Every day that passes is a successful lie told to the citizens of our great nation. This cannot continue. I will not stand by and allow it. I'll reveal the truth the royal family has kept from even those closest to them.

Yes... it is I, General Amdusias. I'm back, still disappointed in this government and hellbent on bringing change. But, how do I still linger as a spirit, you ask? The secret lies with the dreamstone, the royal family's little secret.

You see, while I was acting as head of this nation years ago, I had our defense contractor, Kushiel, investigate dreamstone. Now, just to clarify, I don't agree with his views, but his golems successfully protected Faeheim from The Unknown several times in the past, not to mention I didn't hire him, Pixie and General Cynbel did. Anyhow... He discovered something peculiar. Dreamstone can not just absorb and store magic energies. A soul with a high enough magic charge could be absorbed as well.

And so I learned the truth... Every fairy that has ever died in the Faeheim Archipelago, in the sky islands of Caerulia, and in the new Faeheim, is trapped within the dreamstone core. It can likely even trap powerful enough spellcasters as well.

Pixie and Lucretia keep hundreds of thousands, if not millions of souls, trapped in their basement. Can these souls feel? Do they suffer? Most unbelievable of all, how could they have considered giving up the stone to The Unknown? Why not end it all and destroy the core, even if it means ending the trapped spirits?

We cannot be a part of this. Perpetuating inaction in matters like this is tantamount to complicity.

To all fairies who share this belief, I ask that you join me. Together, we'll establish a new government, sovereign and with no royalty, separate from the immoral institution that runs Faeheim, and far away from it.

====================================================

The next event will take place on Saturday November 3, 2018, at 8:00 PM EST!

This event will start on the road loading to the old Caerulia Palace. The map is identical to the current Pingvi Race map. Amdusias and his forces will rush through it, attempting to take over the old Faeheim Palace! Your mission is to prevent the invaders from reaching the end and conquering the palace!
    Event Details
  • GM-Ciar acting as Amdusias will march to Faeheim Palace, spawning mobs. You must survive while following Amdusias.
  • There are 3 checkpoints before reaching the "palace", these are just wider areas than the usual narrow road. There will be 1 MVP spawned at a checkpoint which the heroes must defeat to proceed.
  • Once Amdusias reaches the end, a similar situation will occur as with the "Protect Amaria" event. An immovable crystal will be spawned as a "Follower" (Something like a homunculus that can be attacked by mobs), and players must defend it from Amdusias for a certain amount of time. If the crystal is broken, the heroes fail and the event ends.
  • Players of any level may join. There will be no access to storage, repairs or GM heals, but there will be just ONE GM map-wide resurrection that can be used by popular vote.

Prizes
    For winning, you'll obtain the following:
  • 250 Reputation Points
  • 5 Assumptio Scrolls
  • 3 Bloody Branches
  • 1 Old Card Album

For losing, you'll obtain:
  • 50 Reputation Points
  • 3 Old Green Boxes

If there's any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Hope to see many people at the event!
10-31-2018 01:39 PM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

After Amdusias' appearance within Marasmius town revealing to the world the secret of the dreamstone core and attempting to gather followers, things have been rather quiet in Carandel Palace.

Pixie and her press office have declined any and all interviews, and confidential sources inform that Lucretia has left the Palace and is not on speaking terms with her sister. Meanwhile, we found Prince Pico at the Fortuna Tavern and asked some questions, but as expected, he knew nothing of the dreamstone or the going-ons of the palace. General Cynbel has also been unreachable thus far, though we've received information that he's acting as defense systems manager for the time being, so he's busier than usual.

The Midgard Times will continue to keep you informed regarding the unfolding events in Faeheim. Stay tuned.

=================================================

2 days and 5 hours remain until the next Faeheim Chronicles event! Be prepared!

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
11-01-2018 02:42 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

[Image: cVApkn3.jpg]

Reminder, there's about 24 hours left until the event starts!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
11-02-2018 05:01 PM