Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Modern GPUs and "failed to run the application" issue
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Modern GPUs and "failed to run the application" issue

Hi all, at the time of this text, i have just finished assembling and preparing with some basic installs my new modern pc monster machine.

Freshly installed everything, and when i went to run the client.exe of heRO an error message popped up saying that the specified application failed to launch, saying that the mode of the configuration wasnt correct and it hinted i had to go check something in the registry.

So, im using Windows 10 (Pro, but i dont think it matters) and it turned out i was missing a Service Pack 1 something something from 2011. These are the links where i downloaded the files and installed vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=2092
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5582
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=26368

Rebooted the pc, launched again hero.exe, et voilà, for me it worked!

Next thing: many modern/recent GPUs arent much compatible anymore with RO; i too was fearing a heavy incompatibility with it when i was buying the RTX 2060 actually mounted in my machine, but it turns out in-games maps's models are perfect and sprites are just a little too sharp and edgy. I'd say only 95/100 points on prettiness!!
Totally playable.

Black dots still remains tho, but for me the trick of CTRL+ALT+DEL to enter the menù and then exit immediately hitting ESC, solves the black dots issue/ the some models rendering issues of transparency unwanted. Plus, it fixes sprites completely!

Other specs of my machine are: 64GB of ram and an i7-9700K currently overclocked to 5GHz.

I hope that nobody will ever have any issue but if you got into something similar of what i experienced, trying to get some old servicepacks could be the solution Icon_smile also on the new RTX 2060 from what i can tell RO works more than fine; Not so much on GTX 950/970, one my friend has it and RO its very ugly and the trick doesnt work for him... Other RTXs may be fine too like the 2060, i dont know.

Last but not the least: PRAISE RNGOD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 03:29 PM by The Roger.)
02-08-2019 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: Modern GPUs and "failed to run the application" issue

Stickied since several others have had similar issues downloading RO, as well as the black square / bad sprite issue.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
02-08-2019 11:51 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Modern GPUs and "failed to run the application" issue

I have an update actually happened some months ago; that my friend i did mention the ctrl+alt+del trick wasnt working for him.... well.... now it works.
I have no idea yet why now it works for him, as he changed nothing. So keep trying from time to time if for you still doesnt work!!

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-21-2019 03:42 PM