Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Y'all are right it is a whole new world
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Y'all are right it is a whole new world

After 7 years I did expect to find heRo here, but I did not expect all the changes, features and content. Such a huge amount of it infact that I feel like I don't know anything, and whatever I knew I need to relearn. This is all v nice and all however I feel like all the content isn't reflected anywhere someone who isn't familiar with heRO(ie hasn't played it recently or ever) would stumble upon it without reading the forums, and going through the wiki, or playing for an extended period.

I'm really thankful to all our GMs and players for all their hard work getting heRO to keep up with the times, I'm amazed at all of it, my only complaint is that the ratemyserver.net heRO page and the heRO website reflect little of the changes and are still(almost) the same as ever. I'm not saying it's bad, but after all the work you guys have put in I feel like someone new would end up having to play a LOT to realise how different heRO is, rather than being informed about most of the new(cool and good to know) stuff before-hand, and wanting to play for it.

I do have a suggestion, obviously I don't expect you to jump on it, I know y'all are busy working hard, it's not an amazing one, but just talking about the problem isn't useful so my suggestion is:

EDIT: See below posts v_v

<del>(I'm just going to leave it like that bcuz im old and I don't know how to fix it so just ignore everything below this)

A concise list somewhere (forum,wiki,and preferably website) that lists all the things that are cool about heRO, I realise all this info is on the wiki already in great detail, but we need a (preferably illustrated) list of all the things relevant and exciting to new and returning players which could have links to the wiki. Forgetting rms I think a spruced up "server features" (besides the old one you could keep that server info) link on the website would make all the difference. It should be big and flashy, so people look at it. It should have info about the savegirl quest, custom monsters and items and maps, and lots of pretty pictures. If there already is something like this someone can call me old again(it gets rly hard to see stuff).

</del>

I also need help:
Someone point me to details on @restock pls Icon_biggrin
And wot is midguard-community, I was expecting something with RMS's flair but it looks to be just the forum.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 04:50 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-21-2019 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael.cruger Offline

RE: Y'all are right it is a whole new world

It is there already and I am old. WHERE'S MY STICK
yIKES tHATs A fAiL

Maybe hidden behind less scrolling? xD
The hero website is nice but not if you don't know to zoom in.
EDIT:wait for it.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 04:18 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-21-2019 04:01 PM
raphael.cruger Offline

Its funny but I never really looked at the website properly before and it IS actually pretty nice but see this is how it looks for me, let me provide you with some pictures to illustrate my badly made point

These are both the pictures before and after, you can tell the difference.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9GzJv9gtXo74V4uX6
(Google photos yuck)

I think I made this exact same thread before I was old, but didn't get lucky scrolling and was hence (maybe)ignored :x
I highly doubt 90%(in 2019 they have short attention spans) of the people who visit the website scroll past the server commands or even scroll after clicking "Info & Features"
It seems like something silly but it's the same point I made before really, this gem is a bit too well hidden.

EDIT: SORRRYY about the edits I'm rusty.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 04:49 PM by raphael.cruger.)
03-21-2019 04:26 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

The site layout is a decade old or more, we do have plans to redo it and modernize it, though it's somewhat on the back burner currently... However, we will be trying to update the Features section soon, to reorganize what is promoted and add all the new stuff.

(03-21-2019 11:12 AM)raphael.cruger Wrote:  I also need help:
Someone point me to details on @restock pls Icon_biggrin
And wot is midguard-community, I was expecting something with RMS's flair but it looks to be just the forum.

http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...le=Restock

Midgard Community is way less active than RMS, but their server listings is another way to promote the server, so all reviews there are much welcome as well. ;D

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
03-21-2019 06:02 PM