Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Help the Casual Noob
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Help the Casual Noob

Okay people I need your help - as an older and now more casual player I feel like I don't know what to farm or where to go for gear builds. So I'm coming to you. I want to know what you would think would be an 'end game' build for the following classes. This is your chance to hypothesize and theorize about the most optimal build for (insert class here).

The only restrictions for building are -

1- no MVP cards (I'm not Roger. I have great respect for him, but RNG God, doesn't like me, and I'm not as dedicated as others to really grind out the Kiel Card that could change everything).
2- no slotted mids. (I've been feeding Mr. Hatter cards for years, and that punk has never given me slotted mids. I think there is a conspiracy, and my three crooked hats agree with me) This isn't a solid rule, and I'm willing to wiggle from it, but I'd like not to have to depend my entire build on Mr. Hatter.
3- No armor upgraded over a +7 (+8 in a pinch, but I am not going to +10 a valk armor to make a build work. No thank you.) Weapons, +8 or +9 is your limit. (I'm still going bonkers trying to +10 a SoP which I think is impossible.)
4- God items. Unless as the lone surviving member of Behemoth, all Behemoth items are given to me (which would be really cool and interesting, but I seriously doubt that would ever happen ever. HW Adrillf is still in his Behe guild color robes, that's got to count for something, right?)

Stat increased armor. Difficult to farm items/cards. Mini boss cards. V4P headgears. TOH wings. MVP rare drops. Poring cards. Anything else that's out there - acceptable on the list.

The classes I want an extra push with are -

Prof - bolter
Prof - FS
HW - max matk
HW - instacast

Yes, I have multiple characters that are built in both. I got annoyed in resetting characters back and forth, so I have spares.

I want to make my characters better, but I feel like right now everything that is coming out is helping classes and builds that I don't main. As much as I enjoy getting things to help out my other characters, I really dislike playing those classes and just want to be the very best mage class possible. It's just hard/annoying/impossible to dig through everything and see what's out there, so that's why I'm turning to you.

You know your limits, so give it a shot. Feel free to copy and paste this to help show what you think I should be hunting for.

Class/build that you're recommending -
Upper head -
Upper head card -
Mid head -
Mid head card -
Lower head -
Lower head card -
Armor -
Armor card -
Weapon -
Weapon card(s) -
Shield -
Shield card -
Garment -
Garment card -
Accessory 1 -
Accessory 1 card -
Accessory 2 -
Accessory 2 card -
Additional notes to the build -
06-12-2019 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Help the Casual Noob

Sadly I don't play any of the 2 classes here, but I'm going to say that Staff of Piercing may not be as good as you think. Each refine is 2% of additional mdef piercing, but really there's a very limited number of monsters with mdef even over 50 for 2% to be worth 1 point of mdef, which only then does it translate to indirectly a 1% matk increase for you. It's far more situational than it seems. There gotta be weapons with better slot count that allows you to throw in centipede larvae to push for higher int instead.

Chilly Spell Book (from MVP Celia) is going to be your new best weapon for bolt prof in almost all situation:

Chilly Spell Book [2]
Type: Book
Atk: 100
Weapon level: 4
Element: Water
Weight: 100
Usable Class: Professor
Required Level: 80

INT + 3, MATK + 20%
For each refine rate of this weapon, increase the damage of Cold Bolt by 3% and increase the SP cost of Cold Bolt by 5%.
Add a 4% chance to automatically cast Cold Bolt when attacking. The level of Cold Bolt cast is equal to the refine rate of this weapon. This effect does not stack with equipment or cards that cast the same level of Cold Bolt, but stacks with Sage's Auto-Cast ability.

Double centipede larvae on it is 5 int and 20% matk, which will definitely beat staff of piercing. Cold Bolt bonus is extra icing.

Geffenia Water Book (shield, from regular Celia) is a side-grade to Magic Bible Vol 1. Int wise, it's the same, but you trade the stun chance away for 2% water spell boost. If you use it with La'cryma Stick, it combos to boost Storm Gust damage for your hwiz.

On that note, consider a switch over to La'cryma Stick for hwiz if you have it over staff of piercing. 2 Necromancer cards in it will give you 6 int, 15% matk and 4% mdef piercing (so traded 2 int for 16% mdef piercing compare to +10 SoP, but that's only +10. Comparing to +7, you only lose 10%). but now you have storm gust bonus/combo to make up for the mdef piercing losses.

New babayaga card can push for new tier of int really easily with +4 int -2 dex as its effect. In party play with bragi, the dex hit will be of no major concern but the power you get is insane. Purple Cowboy Hat (2 int 2 vit, hatter) and ancient gold ornament (+1 all stat, +1 int and +1 str in addition for hwiz/prof, from Trentini) are both good candidate with babayaga to get 6 int with upper headgear alone. Keep isilla headgear for solo play but swap to babayaga in parties with bragi.

Desecrated Robe now offers natural matk% in armor (from hibram), but admittedly it can't beat +3 int diab robe with agav for raw power. However, it does come with no major def loss, so it's more a side-gear depending on the situation.

Even without +9, souleater card is just 2 int in footwear slot. That will tip you over the scale in one way or another. As an extra option on your prof, Celia card (non-mvp) gives you 1% boost to fire, water and wind spells, plus an additional 5% if you are standing on area enchant of the proper element. You probably have LP regardless of build thus you have at least lv 1 area enchant, so for extended fights like against mvp, just drop the land enchant and enjoy 6% bonus spell damage on your bolts. This applies to hwiz too if you're with a prof who knows more than just "press the SP button". Just request the land enchant if LP isn't needed for the bonus damage.

I don't know what are the magical int numbers to make use of all these extra int points squeezed out over the new gears though, but a new int tier definitely exists out there now unique for heRO.

06-14-2019 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Thank you! I'll start trying to hunt things down soon. At least I know where to start.
06-17-2019 11:40 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

More raw int approach: snowring card is +3 int in accessory slot. So for your hwiz (prof should stick with the bolt cards, which in case you don't know, heRO has a card for all 4 bolts), you can considering using it in orcus accessory with harthoon heart for massive raw power boost. That means one accessory alone is 5 int and matk 3%. Combo will grant additional matk 3%, int + 3 and a cast delay 3% off. 2 harthoon heart won't give you the combo twice, but it's still one accessory is giving 5 int and 3% matk. It'll push your int tier up higher for sure.

06-17-2019 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I don't see anything in the Wiki about Bio F4, but I think there was an NPC somewhere who'd trade the Blood Thirsts for Bio4 exclusive weapons if you got enough of them whilst attempting to slaughter bio4 mobs to make getting the weapons you want (to destroy in the forge) slightly easier. Chilly Spellbook included.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-19-2019 12:59 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The trader depends on allegiance: in prontera cemetery (NE corner) for light and in the slums of Lighthalzen for dark allegiance. The number of Blood Thirst/Chill of Death required for either allegiance is the same.

06-21-2019 12:42 AM