Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO not working on AMD desktop(fixed?)
codejerry Offline

RO not working on AMD desktop(fixed?)

I was trying to get this to work on my desktop PC ryzen 1600 and RX570. All morning trying new drivers/using your FAQ. Installing random crap. All with a dumb easy fix.

At the end of the day all i had to do was delete "dbghelp.dll" and it worked right away. I was getting pretty pissed off. Since everything i was reading on the forum didn't work lol. Cannot init d3d and just kept crashing. tried reinstalling drivers installing old direct x shit and nothing was helping.

This should be stickied for AMD users. Instead of ATI drivers suck lol. When it had nothing to do with the drivers at all. The real question is that file important lol. So far its playing good with no issues.

My suggestion to you is update your installer not to include that file? if its not necessary. that or patch it out?
10-05-2019 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: RO not working on AMD desktop(fixed?)

I don't recall exactly what dbghelp.dll does (I don't deal with the installer), but I vaguely remember it being necessary for some users.

Either way, I'm stickying this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience, but also many thanks for providing info on it that can be useful to other players!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-05-2019 11:12 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

dbghelp.dll is used by Windows, so when you mention "removing" it, be sure NOT to remove the one in your System32 folder.

If you deleted that version of dll, restore it from the recycle bin ASAP. If that doesn't work, look for instructions regarding microsoft's Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool and fix it immediately.

<><><>

This dll file is used by our emulator (hercules), and is common among any private servers that uses it as the emulator. To my knowledge, it's even used in official as well such as jRO. Do you have other servers installed in the same path? I have a few official servers installed on my machine, and I end up with 3 different versions of this file. If you installed all your server at the same location, most likely the dll got replaced with the "wrong" version that heRO uses.

I don't think the dll should be causing an issue based on processors. As long as you're a windows users, you need to deal with this dll.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly the differences between each version or precisely what does it do besides "windows need it to run certain executables and other dlls" as a debug help library. If heRO is working for now, it most likely "found" the version it needed elsewhere, somehow so leave it. However, I won't be surprised if now another application elsewhere will complain that dbghelp is missing.

10-05-2019 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
codejerry Offline

(10-05-2019 12:40 PM)GM-Ayu Wrote:  dbghelp.dll is used by Windows, so when you mention "removing" it, be sure NOT to remove the one in your System32 folder.

If you deleted that version of dll, restore it from the recycle bin ASAP. If that doesn't work, look for instructions regarding microsoft's Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool and fix it immediately.

<><><>

This dll file is used by our emulator (hercules), and is common among any private servers that uses it as the emulator. To my knowledge, it's even used in official as well such as jRO. Do you have other servers installed in the same path? I have a few official servers installed on my machine, and I end up with 3 different versions of this file. If you installed all your server at the same location, most likely the dll got replaced with the "wrong" version that heRO uses.

I don't think the dll should be causing an issue based on processors. As long as you're a windows users, you need to deal with this dll.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly the differences between each version or precisely what does it do besides "windows need it to run certain executables and other dlls" as a debug help library. If heRO is working for now, it most likely "found" the version it needed elsewhere, somehow so leave it. However, I won't be surprised if now another application elsewhere will complain that dbghelp is missing.

Completely fresh install using your full installer. No other ones besides yours. I have only played the official one on steam but that was a long time ago and not on this pc.

The game wasn't launching without removing it. Whatever reason it runs fine without it. Infact adding it back causes the same issue lol. Where I can't even launch the game or setup without errors/closing.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019 12:59 PM by codejerry.)
10-05-2019 12:58 PM