Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

RE: Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma

Quote:It seems as though that no matter what, Vynns dreams always come to this moment.

True, but let's have a climatic ending by having his dreams be preventable this time Icon_wink
Let's change the outcome by hiding in the New World (unless 'Everything will be destroyed' includes that), or preparing to send Erebos to the new world instead when he arrives.

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 the seer should attempt to find more answers, the fate of all allegiances depend on him now.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
02-20-2020 05:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Syl Offline
A cat

Vynn should definitely look into it further, but considering how difficult it was to get answers out of him that isn't completely vague both allegiance should gather information and look for signs of this impeding cataclysmal. We will not wait around and become fish food D<
02-20-2020 08:07 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Quothe the Nun:
Fate itself is pre-determined. Vynn is only reading the script the gods have written for the play that is life. Our instincts compell us to try to protect ourselves from harm, but whether our efforts will be in vain or not, only time will tell. I personally feel that whatever happens will happen, it's not our place to attempt to change the course of destiny.

While I care not, I do believe that Lord Melot would be deeply interested in hearing any potential answers Mister Vynn might find within his dreamscapes.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
02-20-2020 09:48 AM
Neloren Offline
Lil Artist

It's not a good idea to act without more information at hand. We can be cautious but setting anything major in motion without knowing what we're facing could end up leading to the disaster we are trying to prevent.
If possible, Vynn should try and gather some more information that could give us a hint, any lead as to what to do next to avoid a terrible fate.
02-20-2020 09:29 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Is Vynn really reading the future though, or is it only a symptom of self fulfilling prophecy where our actions are swayed to make the visions a reality? Vynn was forcibly taken from the Light Allegiance and now his 'captor' is besides him for this oh so important announcement. Given the circumstances, the seer's words are more questionable than ever. Even if the seer has the ability to look into the future, there's no guarantee that his words match that of his dreams. What the future holds is not for us to know, and it'll benefit us to put all of this behind us.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-21-2020 03:32 AM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Seer's Dilemma ~ Hot Potato Vynn

The conflict surrounding Vynn The Seer intensifies. Now, the International Peacekeeper Force is getting involved, with their leader, Agent Selene Winterfield, announcing she will be taking him into custody, citing world safety concerns.

But what exactly is the International Peacekeeper Force?

It started out years ago as the Anti-Terrorism Task Force (ATTF). After Schwartzvald Federal Agent Adelaide Adlersflugel's successful efforts in uniting different nations' police authorities and volunteers to hunt down Light Allegiance extremist Kushiel, the international organization was created. It was instrumental in investigating Eudoxie and Ostellos' actions in Lutia, as well as defending Geffen and Lutia from their onslaught.

After the death of Agent Adelaide at the hands of Eudoxie, her wife, Agent Selene Winterfield, became the head of the ATTF. Selene successfully lead the attacks on Glast Heim that resulted in the killing of Eudoxie and Ostellos, and later defeat of the liberated Dark Lord. Each success brought about more power and trust to the ATTF, and it was soon rebranded as the International Peacekeeper Force, intervening in individual nations' affairs with the potential to spill over into other nations.

Selene Winterfield's last notable intervention was with Faeheim several months ago. Since then, public appearances have been scarce. With The Seer's cataclysmic vision and and the conflict between allegiances repeatedly making headlines in recent days, it was only a matter of time before the International Peacekeeper Force became involved.

Though in the past, the IPF and its previous iterations had dealt with individuals that identified with an allegiance, before now, it had never intervened or even interacted with either allegiance as a whole.

[Image: rKzb66b.png]

The next event will take place on Friday, February 28, 2020, at 8:00 PM EST!

Time Converter
Countdown
    Event Details

• The Dark Allegiance will meet with Selene and a group volunteers from either the Light or Neutral Allegiance.
  • The Dark Allegiance will attempt to persuade Selene not to take Vynn into custody.
  • Characters of all classes and levels are welcome.
  • This event is not planned to involve any PVM or PVP.
  • All participants will receive 1 Old Card Album and 5 Allegiance Points.
  • Active Roleplayers will receive 1 TOH Voucher.
  • To qualify as a "Participant" you must simply be present in the event until it ends. To be considered an "active roleplayer" you must contribute to the story by roleplaying your character throughout the event (not just talking once or twice and never again).
  • This event will replace February's Trial of Heroes.

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
02-24-2020 12:09 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Bump, the event is tomorrow!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
02-27-2020 11:50 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Les than 7 hours remain until the event begins!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
02-28-2020 02:02 PM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Seer's Dilemma ~ The Peacekeeper

Early in the morning, Selene Winterfield, head of the International Peacekeeper Force, arrived at the Dark Allegiance Headquarters in Prontera to take Vynn into custody. A small group of volunteers accompanied her. She claimed it was of utmost importance that Vynn work to solve the mystery of his vision in an impartial environment.

Melot and others attempted to persuade her to leave him be, and Vynn himself stated he was doing well within the Dark Allegiance and was doing his best to find out more about his vision, but Selene would not budge.

Much to the Dark Allegiance's disappointment, however, Vynn eventually gave up and agreed to go with Selene. Her explanation of how his credibility and business could decline due to his stay within the Dark Allegiance over this conflict was enough to convince The Seer, who was worrying for his friends Wes and Lianne's future, as they were already suffering financially from not being able to run their business ever since Vynn got involved with the allegiances.

The Seer asked Melot to continue to provide protection for Wes and Lianne, saying he would return as soon as Selene allowed it.

"How could I be so stupid... You just want to use me for your personal gain too..."

"No no, please listen... It's just... W-we will get to the vision that you're worried about... I just want to know something about someone first."

"I don't care. This isn't why I let you take me. I'm leaving."

"It's for--"

"Nobody cared about me before I got these powers, and now no one will leave me alone because they figure I'm just a tool to build their future!"

"..."

"I'll help you because it looks like this means a lot to you. But then I will leave, and return to the Dark Allegiance to solve the issue of my vision."

"......"

"If you try to interfere even in the slightest, I'll tell everyone about this moment, and your image and credibility will fall."

"... Fair enough."

"What do you want me to see anyway?"

"Someone who's dead. I want closure."

The next Seer's Dilemma event, titled "Closure", will take place on Saturday March 7, 2020 at 8:00 PM EST! It will be a PVM event with some RP at the start, in between and at the end. We will be travelling throughout a few maps, without the use of teleportation or flywings.

Time Converter
Countdown

Players' job is to keep a specific character alive throughout the whole trip. This character will be played by a GM. This char will have about 30 def, 30 mdef and 30,000 HP, and will not use any skills.
  • Players of all levels, classes and allegiances, are welcome, but keep in mind it may be difficult to chars below Lv 70.
  • All participants will receive 1 TOH Voucher and 5 Million Base and Job Exp.
  • Active roleplayers will receive 1 Old Card Album. To be considered an "active roleplayer" you must contribute to the story by roleplaying your character throughout the event (not just talking once or twice and never again).
  • This event will replace this month's Trial of Heroes, with no winner on each side again.
  • GMs will only offer one map-wide resurrection at the request of the general majority of participants.

Screenshots of the previous event can be found below.

Pre-Event Shenanigans
[Image: Bh3x49R.png]
[Image: cDr4n3f.png]

Post-Event Sitting
[Image: 6hnMuKp.jpg]

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
03-05-2020 11:10 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I wonder how much vit this char will have, might invest in potion pitcher if he's got a bit :x

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
03-05-2020 11:23 PM