Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Client & Other Major Changes
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: New Client & Other Major Changes

Your first image is a broken link, but either way, this is the first time I've heard of this issue, so my first suggestion is to try removing or deleting D3DImm.dll, DDraw.dll and dgVoodoo.conf from your RO folder and see if the issue is solved. Thinking

If it doesn't work let us know!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-30-2020 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami 18 Offline
Agility Addict! \( 'ヮ' )/

(08-30-2020 05:02 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Your first image is a broken link, but either way, this is the first time I've heard of this issue, so my first suggestion is to try removing or deleting D3DImm.dll, DDraw.dll and dgVoodoo.conf from your RO folder and see if the issue is solved. Thinking

If it doesn't work let us know!

(Well RIP the first image Laugh )

Ya, I don't know. It's very odd that any of this is happening in the first place. It's usually a simple "install and play" from my long years of experience installing/uninstalling this server's game files over and over.

I tried your recommendation. I removed those three files from the folder, launched the game, then it crashed before Server selection screen. Proceeded to tweak with resolutions and after multiple launches of heRO finally got me logged in, but sprites were messed up and missing "chucks and parts" - like going from 64-bit to 8-bit in some cases, that kind of contrast. The cursor issue went away only partially.

So then I continued tinkering and played with full screen selection between on and off; which seemed to be the real culprit all along, maybe...? The cursor problem was behaving more normally after experimenting with this feature. Then I tested replacing each of the three files separately back in the folder to see if one was causing the sprite issue along with full screen on/off. Rinse, repeat.

In the end, I replaced the three files back into original folder. I set the full screen option to [OFF] and that, tied with a limited max resolution of 2560x1080x32, for me at least, seems to do the trick!

So, in conclusion, RO is an old game (as we all know and love) and not very friendly on compatibility with today's new hardware and optimizations, regardless of the graphics/display settings, at least for my own personal computer setup. Removing those three files only made things worse visually, good to know. But it works now! And I'm happy and I hope this helps someone else! The end~

(I feel like I just wrote a structured essay, yuck! lol)

PS- Thanks for the response GM-Ciar! Hopefully this can be helpful for others. Kissy
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020 10:04 AM by Rei Ayanami 18.)
08-31-2020 10:04 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Hey heroes, keep posting any bugs or issues you encounter so we can fix them all!

Something I forgot to note: Increase Agility's 15 HP Cost has been fixed since the day after the update, but won't take effect until the next server maintenance.

09-02-2020 12:04 PM
Rinne Offline

The costume Kitsune Mask looks like a costume Aliot doll when equipped.
09-13-2020 04:11 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Fixed, thanks for the report!

09-13-2020 09:16 AM
janey Offline

Just wanted to report that I had similar issues as Rei and deleted the files as mentioned in one of the posts. That didn't completely resolve my issues since I was unable to log-in after, but after tinkering with the resolution and graphics setting, it finally worked. Sorry I couldn't be more specific since it was trial and error, but just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone else experience similar issues - just try tinkering with your settings to adjust resolution and graphics.

On another note, thank you to all of those on the GM team and testing team for their hard work to bring us the new client! I think it's easy to forget that you guys are all doing it out of love and passion for this game and the heRO server so I want you to know you are much appreciated.

Love

P.S. Especially since my hairstyle is fixed and it's now named after me.... Icon_twisted

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

IGN: janey, ~janey~, xxjaneyxx, oxjaneyox, xojaneyxo, -janey-, =janey=, janeypoo

09-21-2020 09:37 AM