Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

Facts:

Sight and ruwatch have a much larger range than they do on current official servers.

This is the result of a decision by the GMs to adopt the original range that was changed by Gravity.

I, personally want to see this change. Please vote your opinion here if you do, (or don't) want to see things change.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 11:33 AM by Salvosa.)
07-04-2007 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

It was changed by GM-Ben at the start of the server and I fully supported his decision, the range were set to their previous RO value. We found that 2 tiles for ruwatch and 3 for sight was too little so we increased the range a little as it was before.

I'm honestly getting a little tired of this wave of complaints about anything and everything, don't you guys have something more constructive to do than whine?

On a side note, if people cannot make neutral polls, I'll remove the feature from players. Back in the days only GMs could make polls, I added it for players too, but use it responsibly.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 09:19 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

GM-Pandora Wrote:It was changed by GM-Ben at the start of the server and I fully supported his decision, the range were set to their previous RO value. We found that 2 tiles for ruwatch and 3 for sight was too little so we increased the range a little as it was before.

I'm honestly getting a little tired of this wave of complaints about anything and everything, don't you guys have something more constructive to do than whine?

On a side note, if people cannot make neutral polls, I'll remove the feature from players. Back in the days only GMs could make polls, I added it for players too, but use it responsibly.

i agree the polls are getting ridiculous.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-04-2007 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I'll make a new poll soon about Cheesecake. That's a serious issue.... If you don't love Cheesecake you phail. Mad

Lol Deja Vu, I remember the same topic with the same options and the same complaints. If you want a link I'll post it. Ahh the lovely drama from my old server. It's all coming back Love Yes I said Drama. The topic slowly went from a poll to a fight between Hide/Cloack users and Ruwach/Sight users. Guess what? They are still fighting about it until today, it started sometime in 2005. Have fun Ok
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:22 AM by Bloody.)
07-04-2007 10:21 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Uh, ok? I figured that a suggestion to help make the game better would be regarded as a good thing. There is a difference between whining and making a valid suggestion. In fact, all I did was make a poll to see everyone's stance on the subject. I don't even have a stealth character, so I really have no motivation to whine.

I reccomend you cool off since I find your over-reaction to be quite rude and unnessisary.

If you dont want to hear what your players have to say, dont have a forum.

Edit: Btw, please define "neutral poll".

~~

Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:27 AM by Salvosa.)
07-04-2007 10:22 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm not in the best of mood its true, but I am pretty cool still. I am not trying to be rude at all. It's not what you say that I don't like, I've always said suggestions are welcome, it's how you say it, and not to mention insist upon it.

Your post/poll are not overly biased, but your post does seem to suggest that you feel that changing it is the proper solution. Polls should remain neutral. I'd even prefer if you doubled post, making your first post really objective and then in your second post stating your personal opinion. Rather than saying this is how it should be if you agree vote. But all in all this was aimed at all polls not yours specifically, just a reminder that polls should not aim viewers in one direction or another. Mr. Swift last poll makes a far batter example but the suject is closed and I would not feel like reviving it.

~ Server Admin ~
07-04-2007 10:44 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Well, that's definitely not how it looks to me.

First of all, it says in the poll instructions to post your opinion if you actually want something to happen, and so I did. I posted 2 facts that show why I would like to see things change.

One being that the sight range is longer than it should be and the other being that it was an intentional change.

Nothing I said was insistent in the least bit, and though I tried to put a comedic spin on it I didn't lead anyone to yes or no. I simply asked for them to say what they thought.

Also, as you defined "neutral" being yes or no, not yes and yes or no and no, my two possible answers are exact equivalents of yes and no.

I really don't appreciate you taking out your poll frustration on me when I clearly did nothing wrong.

Just to be fair though, I'll edit my post a bit to be more straight forward.

~~

Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:57 AM by Salvosa.)
07-04-2007 10:50 AM
exwing Offline
Ex

Nutral Poll, to show the good and the bad to the poll not just one side of the poll, being all negitive or all possitive. the good the nutral and the bad vote such as, Good- Keep as is, nutral- Make some small tweaks, Bad- over powered and should be changed.

i would think that would be good for a nutral poll having 3 choice's if not more.
07-04-2007 10:55 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well you seem to have a lot of anger, I'd really appreciate if you could take it at someone/something else than my server, as it tends only to create hostility.

I did say it was more of a general note on polls, yours is not the best example, just the only example at hand.

2 choice is fine, 3 would have been ok too. It's not always possible to make a middle choice, in this case I suppose it could, between currenct svn range and our range.

~ Server Admin ~
07-04-2007 10:56 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

I am only angry because of how you reacted to me, and trying to turn it around isn't going to change that. I'm looking for a simple apology here.

I am doing my best to accomodate your wishes after all. I am hardly being hostile.

Note to ex: I can't add or take from the poll at this point. All I want is a yes or no anyway, adding more fluff to a straight forward question isn't going to change the neutrality any.

~~

Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-04-2007 11:01 AM
Thread Closed