Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please be nice to newcomer!
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Please be nice to newcomer!

I recommended our server to someone saying how welcoming and nice our comunity was (and I do truely think it is), he tried it then left, when I asked about and this is the answer I got.

Quote:Pandora, I really love this server and I have tried it in the past, [if you call a week ago past] I love the enviroment and what you have done, but the players I met were rather... rude and obnoxious. I asked for help on the acolyte quest, because I had never done it before and I can't alt tab out or play in windowed mode, I had forgotten where the location of the woman in morroc was. I went to a group of rather high level players and asked for some help and they told me to "Beat it, go look it up foryourself, and called me a noob." I uninstalled the server files immedietly. :x

I asked a few others for directions and they just /.. 'd me or walked away. Not my kind of community, I know there will be arseholes, but the less the better. I'm lookingfor a community that helps others and doesn't stick to ONE small clique.

It would be great if everyone could make a small effort, I know most people do actually. It's hard enough coming to a server where there are a lot of trans already.

As a reminder, also be polite to other player be they new or old, first class or trans, this is the first rule of the server.

Thanks everyone ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: Please be nice to newcomer!

in all honesty panda that person probably went to prontera, tried one time and asked where half doesnt know and the other half were more than likely like that or during a non peek time when not many are on to begin with (did he/she make use of the MAIN feature?). It seems to me that person prob went in with a negative attitude expecting such things to happen ignoreing any positives that were available at the time (One time doesnt give you much time to get to know anyone).Kudos btw on the banner ad .. its 1 of only 2 i saw after reloading the page several times just to see them all.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-04-2007 09:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojiro Offline
こじろ Dream Chaser

Yep... Its very sad but theres some people like that here.
Not all the time, but there is.

Sometimes they are just pissed off about something and answer rude and so, but its not nice to treat other players like that...
If you don't want to help, just don't answer... D:
And if your not in the mod, @main off is here...

When i was doing the hunter quest i asked at main
"Where's Hugel kafra? o_o' didn't find it"

And someone just answered "at my pants"

=/

Theres a lot of ppl that actually helps a lot the other players, but i think that newcomers that just see the bad ones will not stay to see the good side...

If someone answered "at my pants" when i was new here, i would have changed to another server, and my friends that play with me too. Thinking

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it"
IGN: Shin - lvl 8x Hunter.
- The Rekinjutsu Way Guild.

Vote for heRO!~
Ok
- http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1961
07-04-2007 09:55 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm not saying that person had the right attitude, but as a general suggestion, be nice to ppl ^_^ It really can't hurt.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 09:57 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

Kojiro Wrote:When i was doing the hunter quest i asked at main
"Where's Hugel kafra? o_o' didn't find it"

And someone just answered "at my pants"
lmao .. you gotta lighten up cause thats funny Icon_razz

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:12 AM by ShadesOfBlue.)
07-04-2007 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

ShadesOfBlue Wrote:lmao .. you gotta lighten up cause thats funny Icon_razz

It is in the eyes of the beholder, as it varies from person to person what is the preferred style of jokes or comedies~ Namine is rather doubtful if everyone can interpret it as a joke or not. Personally, not her cup of tea but can certainly understand that most people will rather take this variety of humor (and thus why main is now turned off for Namine~)

Still, nevertheless, that quoted response is outright wrong... doubtful that it can be read as a joke in any shape or form for a newcomer...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-04-2007 10:08 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i say we start a poll and see wether people think it was funny or not Icon_razz

07-04-2007 10:13 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

ShadesOfBlue Wrote:i say we start a poll and see wether people think it was funny or not Icon_razz

The fact that Ms. Pandora is steaming at this statement while in fetal position sobbing in the corner at the same time over there is proving Namine's point that even something that is funny for most people will offend someone, somewhere, somehow Laugh

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:15 AM by Namine.)
07-04-2007 10:14 AM
Kojiro Offline
こじろ Dream Chaser

lol it might be funny now, but it wasn't when i got that response after searching for the kafra for 50 mins... Cry

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it"
IGN: Shin - lvl 8x Hunter.
- The Rekinjutsu Way Guild.

Vote for heRO!~
Ok
- http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1961
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:25 AM by Kojiro.)
07-04-2007 10:22 AM
Former-GM-Hermes Offline
Messenger of God

To Old players:
That joke is funny I admit. However, to newcomers it may not be the case. They are strangers to the server, and they need time to adapt to the environment and the surroundings of a new server. For example, lets say you got a flat tire and need a tire change and you ask a group of people "wheres the nearest gas station here?", and one of them reply "in your pants". I hardly think a person in a needy situation find that funny while others may find it funny as hell. If you dont feel like helping, keep the smart jokes to yourselves. . Some newcommers may come from a server where many npcs were customized and had a job changer/skill npc. Some may come from a server with a warper npc where you dont have to unlock anything to use. Most of their questions arent really that hard to answer, and may seem "noob" to you, but not every newcomer knows what you know. Not everything is obvious just because its obvious to you.

To Newcomers:
On another hand, newcomers should try to do things on their own as well. There is not a server in this world where every player is willing to help every new comer. Every server have their own sets of "arse holes". Also, it may come off as "lazy" to older players which can result in the insult. Looking up a quest is not that difficult, there is billions of guides out there (old or not, most of the job quests have not changed for a long time) and logging out and logging back in is not a huge amount of deal either.

There are certain new comers that spam the main chat constantly asking for help and begging for items. Older players shouldnt have to deal with that. If you really really need help try to pm high level players and explain the situation instead of spamming the main chat. Pming them works better than on main chat because some players have it off.

Thats my say on the matter, and if I see any rude comments over the main chat to a newcommer for no good reason (unless the newcommer was spamming and annoying everyone) the offender (rude commentor or the new spammer) will be jailed or muted depending on the situation.
07-04-2007 10:59 AM