Meh
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!
Ashe Offline
Down with the Pants, Up with the Kilts!

Big Grin Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!

Alright, as we all know, Homunculuses are the special pet that a player gets when doing the job skills quest for alchemist. The problem is, while the homunculuses are great to train the class, they araise problems.

Pros of Homunculus-
1. Skills
2. A feeling of ownership?
3. Help in battle
4. Faster leveling

Cons of Homunculus-
1. Can see cloaked and hidden characters in PvP/WoE
2. Can get insane skills such as SSBR44, which at a high level with enough intimacy, can do up to 800k+ dmage to a PLAYER.
3. Can pretty much legally bot. With Atuo-potion and autoattack and autofeed in the AI script.

What do you guys and girls think?

[Image: ashesignature.png]
You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark allyway. ^.~

-Characters-
Ashe The Something - xx/xx Archer
Zensa - xx/x - Novice to be Rogue.
Albiero - xx/x - Novice to be Monk.
07-05-2007 02:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yetipunk Offline

RE: Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!

I think of course there should be homunculus, they are so fun, but AFK leveling should be illegal for obvious reasons.

coocoocachoo
07-05-2007 02:13 AM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

I think the GMs will be testing it out with the new SVN. Icon_suprised

Sounds fun if they toned down some things(the cons) I'd like to try the pets out if they didn't make it so you could, like you said, "legally bot". Like you'd have to command it to attack each monster? I don't really know anything about them though so I can't exactly say it better.

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
07-05-2007 02:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yetipunk Offline

The only problem with Homun is AFK leveling. Just say its against the rules and Homun shouldn't be an issue at all.

coocoocachoo
07-05-2007 02:37 AM
Ashe Offline
Down with the Pants, Up with the Kilts!

RE:??Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!

That might also bring up reports of AFK leveling when someones jsut sitting with their homuncs, like if they went to get a drink or something. It happened to me once on my last server and my alchemist was deleted for being gone five minutes to make a sandwich. :/

[Image: ashesignature.png]
You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark allyway. ^.~

-Characters-
Ashe The Something - xx/xx Archer
Zensa - xx/x - Novice to be Rogue.
Albiero - xx/x - Novice to be Monk.
07-05-2007 02:42 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

o.o;

Namin? simply thinks that this is something to worry about after Ms. Pandora has annouced that the new svn is working and will be implemented within heRO within a certain date... for now, who knows maybe one extra "0" somewhere in the coding will make the test server blow up, resulting in another wait period?

It's just a bit early to think about something so far in the future...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-05-2007 03:26 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

lol, i have had an extra "1" ruin my entire program once. it was funny cos i was making a chess game for fun (as a beginner programmer) and the extra value makes the pawn move weird (it went over the edge, instead of 1 square it moved 11 squares)Mad

i simply want the pet monsters, but yes afk leveling should be illegal but that issue should be raised after it is confirmed the svn update works (and god forbid the pawn doesn't move 11 squaresCry )

i don't know the exact skills, but i thought you can command the homonculus? is it possible to set it on non aggressive mode or tell it to just stand and watch those porings pass by without sticking a needle into them, bite them, or jump on them?

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
07-05-2007 05:06 AM
Avery Offline

Yea you can, When you right-click the homunculus. There is feed and the other options. Then at the bottom is Agrresive/Passive. Passive is if something attacks YOU, aggro monster, the homunculus will attack and protect you. If the homonculus is on aggresive, it kills alot of stuff....

Prince - 98/50 Monk
07-05-2007 06:14 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

It's a part of the game, and I see no reason not to have it. It was implemented for a reason after all.
07-05-2007 10:29 AM
exwing Offline
Ex

i like the pro, the fact that alchemist is a class that you either need a fireblond to level or find a leech becuase making a battle build either vit or agi is not fun and i can tell you it isnt cheap if your only choice is to use Mamo to level also plants are really uselss... for high up leveling and making bombs and etc etc also not cheap to make, the con however.. sounds realy X_X... never knew that it could do 800k damage to a player and didnt know they could see cloaked and hidden players in PvP, maybe can edit the script to tone down the damage and well just get rid of the see cloaking thing?

As for the Botting thing.. isnt number 4 a Macro Program that your talking about or are you talking about the little Homon itself?

I think i have everything in order... i think...
07-05-2007 10:45 AM