Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions (a few)
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

RE: Suggestions (a few)

you didnt even say any reasons why... thats kinda annoying for the suggestor...

but first off, all you did was disagree to it... and theyre things from my old server, and there were people suggesting against them, but still 80% of the population liked it that way, so thats why i suggested these things here. it would make it easier for alot of people.

And whether or not you disagree or not i dont care about, i want to hear the reasoning, so say why you disagree. I asked for the reasons, the least you could do is stop being so lazy and do atleast what i asked.

I do know that Panda likes to stay to RO as much as possible, but the thing is, its a SUGGESTION, and if enough people like one or 2 of them, ill make a poll about them and see how many people like em, and Panda can decide from that.

If you ever did play the real RO, the trans skills WERE copy-able for awhile, and it doesnt overpower them that much, because a class is a class, and a skill is a skill. A class can have the skills it needs for the right build, and a stalker wont rely on just that one skill, theyll work it into how they play. It makes life easier for one class, and stalkers/rogues arent that popular so I dont see a big problem.
07-08-2007 01:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

With Ms. Pandora's mentioning of the new svn is in sight, even though it will take awhile, it should easily fix the "leveling issue" (if there is any to begin with.) The 70 geographer map one north of Einbroch should be a very welcomed addition to the mage class, as not only are there going to be a lot more geographer (really on par with soil for exp), there is also mineral there which are nice and slow, highly highly vulnerable to fire wall even if it is not used vertically. New maps also open up many new possibility as well.

Proper uses of firewall, known as VFW for most, will allow a wizard to go anywhere and not die with surprising power... though Namin? cannot do it herself with her own wizard, many others can go to the most absurd place with high amount of aggro monsters as a wizard and do just fine... Vaguely remember that Mr. Flossy saying that he can even solo the MvP Maya as a wizard, alone...

In this world, there are many good places to level, and not just soil or seal. If there is a class to complain about training difficulty, it should be the alchemists before any other class, and certainly not a wizard... Many highly respectable alchemists (and even creators) got to where they are by just nuking the same old soil without firewall or firebolt lv 7+, but the little firebolt 3 from fireblend or phoenix wing... If these great players can do it (Namin? would be insane to imagine that x.x) then certainly, the rest of heRO can be just as fine~

(of course, there is always partying Icon_biggrin A wizard with his mob control power is certainly always appreciated in many parties)

Why would anyone expect bathory should be easily accessible by a Lv 50 thief is certainly beyond that of Namin?'s mind. There are other cards that are equally rare and valuable, but far less common in terms of searching for the monster itself, such as pest... At least for raydric and bathory, there are a high number of them on the map that they spawn in...

Though a lv 40 reset cost can be very steep, and rather beyond availability without using all of life spending as zeny is impossible to come by until maybe lv 70 for reliable amount, always remember that it is rather a blessing and help for it to be here to begin with... imagine how harsh life is in iRO where such thing is impossible... to get the picture, imagine training an Esma SL without reset during the TK stage...

It may be inconvenient, but in Namin?'s opinions, it also encourages new players to research up on their planned characters or ask their guild/friends/main for the proper advice before hitting lv 40. Setting the free stage any higher will really allow some abuse to free stat change until hitting 2-1 or 2-2 jobs... At lv 40, it forces players to stick with a build for the last few job levels in 1-1 stage and so on (such as, forcing the future monks to go back to melee for the last 6 job levels or so instead of healbombing, which is far easier to level with than battle acolyte.)

Mr. Iduncare should not mind sharing his opinion at all~ It is, afterall, what a forum is for. Just that it is very difficult for someone to think in all directions possible... remember that once there is a first for something, it opens the floodgate for all others... especially for customizing monster spawns, their items, and player skills... Also, heRO relatively has a very unique player database, where the ratio of non-trans to trans characters are very different from most server. Looking at a rough approximate in percentages, heRO has far more trans characters than many other servers...

Sweat sorry that Namin? likes to type a lot... but it is simply how she picks her posting style.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 03:22 AM by Namine.)
07-08-2007 03:15 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

n_n;; Just a side note i did die a few times killing maya alone

My current record is a mear 3 deaths

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
07-08-2007 01:43 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

thanks Namine, but still, bathorys for a level 50 theif are amazing to train on, you can get to your 2nd class after that extremely fast, even going from from high theif to trans. Its still the best monster to train on (IMO) going from 1st class to 2nd.

And soils and seals arent the only place to level, but they are the most popular places, so I was just suggesting a place like that for melee classes like sins/rogues/knights. And the Clock place for casting classes like mage/alchy etc.

And a level 50 theif, with the right equipment can take a bathory fairly easily. So he can bring a few pots, and train there til he can change classes. It makes a great training spot instead of training on geos, and not having enough money to reset after changing to a bow.

And I still stand by the reset master change, because a new player with no guild will have a hard time trying to get reset money/items. Even though this makes resets more common, it gives people the opportunity to try new builds instead of copying someone elses thats in the same guild.
07-08-2007 03:38 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

It is only the fault of the players who refuse to go elsewhere besides seals and soils to end up with such a large competition for the limited amount of monsters that resulted in no experience gained... Seriously, how come only Mr. Bloody and no one else recognizes the endless resources of Turtle Island, be it melee or casters? If they must insist that they will not go anywhere else, then what can the server say to it...

Why thieves are to argue that bathory is a necessity to job change, then everyone else will bring in and ask for their custom place to train too... Again, if anyone is to whine, it should be merchants who want to reach 2-1 or 2-2...

A new player should, in Namin?'s opinion, really copy a build (from friend, guild or online) instead of make a new build if they are really new to any RO with no experience. They should make a first character that is basically, made for them, so they can understand the game mechanics, what each stats do, and realize what the game is like on the higher level... once they understand what the game has to offer, they should well be in level 80 range where zeny is easily accessible (or, just perhaps even level 60 when Miyabi Dolls and Toy Factory 2 are accessible easily... these two places offer decent amount of zeny for anyone, and it can be done without any specialized gears.)

Personally, Namin? see the joining of guilds to be an inevitable part of RO... be it for WoE reasons, or simply a place of belonging and to be together with friends... It is only a matter of time before a player joins a guild. Once that is done, the lack of support statement for paying the reset should no longer be a concern... Even starting guilds have enough power to easily make 400k as long as they work together (or, know where the slightly more absurd methods to make zeny is)~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-08-2007 03:50 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

to me the resetter is based on the assumption that as you gain levels the loot you get mulitiplys in both quanity and value so it isnt cheap but it isnt too expensive either but it is set to where you wont switch your builds between pvp and mvp pvm unless your really rich. I've been in a guild with my main since i joined the server but they never payed for any of my resets and i have reseted alot. If the resetter were any cheaper id reset between all 3 builds all the time with my main.As far as the healer goes .. i dont like the 5 minute idea because if i go out and get owned right off the bat i want to heal up and continue my gameing experience elsewhere instead of useing my very valuable pots to continue on or sitting around bored to death because the healer hasnt reset yet. I dont like the idea of a thief class being able to learn my trans skill because thats my skill i spent 7 months playing that particular class to get ( the fact that they can forget it doesnt matter to me). Let the thief class trans and use thier own trans skill. ( i was just elaborateing on the points i was too lazy to explain earlier.)

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-08-2007 06:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

>_> so everything that i suggested would be bad for YOU, because it would make some things more inconvinient, thats kinda selfish x_o
07-08-2007 11:01 PM
Kojiro Offline
こじろ Dream Chaser

Iduncare Wrote:>_> so everything that i suggested would be bad for YOU, because it would make some things more inconvinient, thats kinda selfish x_o
It's selfish wanting the server to be custom just for making your life easyer too. Sweat

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it"
IGN: Shin - lvl 8x Hunter.
- The Rekinjutsu Way Guild.

Vote for heRO!~
Ok
- http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1961
07-08-2007 11:25 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

im just giveing you the reasons why i dont think the suggestions will fly from my point of view (i'm assumeing thats what you were looking for). I in no way think anything i said is original so im sure theres more than just me who think this.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-08-2007 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

RE:?? Suggestions (a few)

Kojiro Wrote:
Iduncare Wrote:>_> so everything that i suggested would be bad for YOU, because it would make some things more inconvinient, thats kinda selfish x_o
It's selfish wanting the server to be custom just for making your life easyer too. Sweat

first off, im not a mage/caster class, but id like the clocks to be there to make those classes easier to level. thats not selfish is it? i'm suggesting stuff to make it easier for most of us.

and i only said that was selfish because all of your complaints were because it would make YOUR life more troublesome, but it would make the general population's life easier
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 12:53 AM by Iduncare.)
07-09-2007 12:49 AM