Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvM Sage advice...?
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

PvM Sage advice...?

In case if anyone missed the title, PvM Sage so please do not ask Namin? about the lack of Land Protector and the weak emphasis on the anti-spells... Besides PvM, the Sage will also help as Endow slave for her guild to assist with leveling, and thus the reasoning for some of the more absurd skill distribution for the Endows.

Increase SP Recovery Level 2
Sight Level 1
Napalm Beat Level 7
Safety Wall Level 7
Soul Strike Level 5
Cold Bolt Level 1
Stone Curse Level 1
Fire Ball Level 5
Fire Wall Level 10
Fire Bolt Level 7
Lightning Bolt Level 4
Thunder Storm Level 10
Energy Coat Level 1

Earth Spike Level 1
Heaven's Drive Level 5
Advanced Book Level 5
Cast Cancel Level 1
Magic Rod Level 1
Spell Breaker Level 3
Free Cast Level 1
Flame Launcher Level 4
Frost Weapon Level 4
Lightning Loader Level 4
Seismic Weapon Level 1
Deluge Level 3
Dispell Level 5

Mainly questioning about the distribution of thunderstorm and firebolt... Chose to skip over cold bolt and frost diver, as frost diver just pales in late leveling... Plus, honestly what places are good for a sage to level in alone yet is weak to fire? Only heater in TI3, so let's leave that one single monster to Arctic Wing to handle... (Thor's Volcano got horrid high mdef that only a wizard can consider that place in using spells against monsters there, and almost same thing for magma dungeon...) Not planning to use the CB/Hide trick against Goats to level either.

Technically, the 2 level of SP Recovery are free points. Namin? will live without SP Recovery if necessary~ If there are no better suggestions, then Namin? will either have SP Recovery for these 2 points, for further up Flame Launcher and Lightning Loader to Lv5 for more Endow Slaving purposes.

Comments or advices from the other far more experienced sage users out there...?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 04:53 AM by Namine.)
07-08-2007 04:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

RE: PvM Sage advice...?

I've long been searching for a decent monster to level on, and i found myself pleased to try hyeguns. The trick is to let them run trough firewalls (the whole firewall). Decent xp, decent drops (eluniums and boots (1)), relatively fast kills... the only thing to check is how much punishment can you take, as these babies can strike pretty hard. Still, if you're careful and take them one at a time, you should do fine.

"DEX? The way I cast, we don't need... dex."

[Image: a43c4aeo7.gif]

Keele Zeibel, professor   89/57
Melvin,         whitesmith 99/69
07-08-2007 09:19 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'd suggest a higher lvl of free cast so if one of those monsters do somehow make it through your last line of defense such as firewall or safety wall, you can still stay out of their range.

I do love that you have Deluge, it makes teamwork with wizzies and water users slightly easier to achieve, but if you're anything like me, I'd be begging you for a constant Deluge so I can spam WaterBall at will. Also, I'd like to point out that there are added bonuses for the AoE Support skills. You cannot cast icewall on a vocano, firewall lasts twice as long on that Whirlwind, the prof skill blinding mist lasts twice as long on deluge, and magnetic earth prevents AoE skills as well as blocking pesky monsters like GR from teleporting. Also, there are unique effects from elemental armors and weapons (mainly the weapons just get their attack increased) of the corresponding spells that might or might not prove to be useful in PvM, I've never tried nor have seen anyone using it actually. While SP recov might be useful at lower levels, I'd think that having another ground spell would make a unique selection for support, especially on this server. Most just get them either for ME or Hocus Pocus (Another one I haven't seen here yet)

I could lead you on and on about sages, but since you're steering more towards a caster PvM build, I'll avoid blasting you with my battle sage banter.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 01:07 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-09-2007 01:04 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Wow, magnetic earth keeps GR from warping? That's news to me. Time to make a sage /rice.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 01:29 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Heh... guess Namin? will need to completely change somethings around, actually... Her inability to VFW is seriously hurting a highly professional build that she used to modify to get this current build. Inability to VFW does not allow her to just TS10 the seals right now without severe casualty Sweat

See the only area spell that she will get is Deluge probably, and that is reliant on good wizards who know what is going on with strong waterball too... er, when was the last time she partied with anyone who got waterball but Ms. Coral? >>;

(Indeed, since when can ME stop teleport o_o can someone seriously investigate this? if it is, then she'll totally change her build to get ME)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 01:41 AM by Namine.)
07-09-2007 01:37 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

actually the ability to stop tanee from teleporting was one of the main reasons i wanted to mess around with a sage.. havent tried it yet so dunno if it works.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-09-2007 02:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

And stopping teleport is all the reason there is for Namine to abandon the previous build for...

Sight Level 1
Cold Bolt Level 5
Frost Diver Level 10
Stone Curse Level 1
Fire Ball Level 5
Fire Wall Level 10
Fire Bolt Level 10
Lightning Bolt Level 7

Advanced Book Level 5
Cast Cancel Level 1
Magic Rod Level 1
Spell Breaker Level 3
Free Cast Level 10
Flame Launcher Level 4
Frost Weapon Level 2
Lightning Loader Level 4
Seismic Weapon Level 2
Volcano Level 3
Deluge Level 3
Violent Gale Level 3
Land Protector Level 3
Dispell Level 5

~

07-09-2007 10:31 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Yeah, that's a pretty darn good incentive XD.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 12:41 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

My only complaint, is that most of the MVP's that teleport like crazy also have knockback skills (ie Mistress's Jupital Thunder) so they can bump you off the edge of ME, chase you, and teleport when they get off of the area that the ME was cast on /swt

Also, I think it dissapears if you die
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 03:40 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-09-2007 03:37 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

The Legendary Joe Wrote:My only complaint, is that most of the MVP's that teleport like crazy also have knockback skills (ie Mistress's Jupital Thunder) so they can bump you off the edge of ME, chase you, and teleport when they get off of the area that the ME was cast on /swt

It will be Mr. Oka's newly assigned role in the next MvP party to tank for Namine's sage with his new green outfit including his newest flippy wings to negate the Jupital Thunder then Whistle

(Namine not responsible for any percent losses even at lv 98 Icon_biggrin)

Either that, or the party swarm up against her so everyone keeps her in sight, even if Mistress succeeds to knockback one character. Ms. Rei also has a sage with ME to increase the area covered by casting them next to each other if necessary too =o

(Or, there is always Mr. Salvosa's mentioned Ghostring... that is one annoying miniboss with teleport without knockback Icon_biggrin)

07-09-2007 04:56 PM