Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About reporting other players
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

About reporting other players

Is it inevitable that conflicts will arise in any comunity, be it online or in real life. When individuals co-exist together, they are capable of many things, great things sometimes, but unfortunatly not so good ones too.

It saddens me that people cannot get along and sometimes fight over the most trivial of things. I'd like to invite everyone to take a deep breath, do some introspections and try to minimise their bad feelings such as hate, greed, jealousy, etc. and put their focus on tolerance, generosity, patience, etc. If everyone did their part we would rarely have any of such conflicts.

If something happens, such as a monster being hit by someone else (KS) or dieing and losing experience due to mob changing target, try to first look at the situation objectivly before resorting to anger. Anger only leads to more anger. Communication should always be the first step, we are not animals we were given speach and everyone who plays this server knows how to type, use that!

Here's a situation to explain what I mean:

2 Hunters are killing cute blue monsters called Seals. Hunter1 was attacking a seal from the right, when Hunter2 who was on the left starts attacking same seal, not seeing Hunter1 outside of his viewing range.

Hunter1: y0 WTF is ur problem man that was MY seal Ill report your a$$ for this shit!
Hunter2: WTH is the matter with u biatch I didnt see u.
Hunter1: Nuuu u did this shit on purpose, you mean $%?#$?#$.
Hunter2: (more insult follows, you get the drift...)

Instead this could have happened:

Hunter1: Hey, I was attacking this seal first, don't KS.
Hunter2: Oh, I'm really sorry I didn't see you there man.
Hunter1: No biggy, it's a big map after all, plenthy of seals to go around.
Hunter2: Indeed mate.
The 2 go off to kill more of those poor little creatures.

Aint that jolly?

Same situation, different outcome just because of the attitude. So you see, if you are not a prick about it most problems are easily solved. There are plenthy of leveling places, altough players seem to enjoy concentrating on a few (namely seals, soils and bio). Because of this common behavior it is likely that issues can arise. Try to solve them like mature individuals. If a situation occurs and you are at fault, even if you did not do it on purpose, you may want to extend an appology, it does not make you less of a man/woman and can only help in easing the tension that your actions might have caused.

If a monster following someone changes target and ends up on you, before you get all high and mighty and send flame toward the other player you may want to consider a few things, such as did the person really want to do this and is it a big deal? In the heat of the action it is hard to count how many tiles separate your player from a monster exactly, not to mention there can be lag, this person might be close to dieing but have no time to write for help, etc. Basically, use your judgement. Dumping monsters on other players to kill them is against the rules, however accidents do happen. I'll repeat it again, use your judgement.

If you truely believed you were wronged and communication did not help solve your problem, send a report to a GM (GM-Chocolate is the designated Player Relation Manager), with screenshots if you have them, explain them the full situation. Afterwards let the GM do their job. It is NEVER an option to start insulting other players, be it on Main, normal or PM.

Hateful reports have only negative outcomes. Usually they tend to create counter reports (vengeance?), they also use time from the GM team, time that could be better employed. Also be mindful of the kind of language you use. Be respectful toward other people, it is the first rule of the server. We GMs are not your babysitters, we should not have to constantly remind you of this.

Let's minimise the drama, focus on the good things it can only make this server a better place ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-10-2007 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply