these are the skills:

[Image: saderskills.jpg]

what do you guys think?
07-13-2007 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: rate my crusader build!

Seems good to me. Does your stats include the gears you are planning? If not you might want to put that into consideration too to get the proper multiple with gears.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-13-2007 11:11 AM
truthhurts Offline

yeah, i'm planning on getting aoa and zerom gloves for extra dex, and a haeddong (or w/e) for the int...

i'm still not sure whether i should get the 3 auto guard or go with 9 holy cross... anyone got any ideas?
07-13-2007 11:20 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Guard, definitely. The A#1 thing you can do as a GC sader to save your time, SP, and exp is to take less damage while casting. I have to ask, though, what are you planning to fight? If you're going for raydrics, then I might suggest going all-out on int. The reason is, it's harder than you'd think to consistently take raydrics out with one GC. I personally hate having to spend the entire cast time, again, being wailed upon by 2-3 raydrics, just to deal another 1000 damage. When I was GC build, int was my top priority, I think I came out with 120 int overall, and still didn't one-shot rays with a bad damage roll.

Just something to think about, if you plan to go the route I did.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
07-13-2007 11:58 AM
truthhurts Offline

hmm... i see. yeah i think i would spend a bit of time in gh, since i can get alot of elu and also some rares. i guess i might go with int gears instead of dex in that case...
07-13-2007 12:06 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Maximizing Int should be main priority, even if the equipment and job bonuses do not add up to the holy mark of multiples of 5 or 7 for the MAtk surge... Namine thinks that crusaders can honestly use every bit of int possible, even if they are not maximized in potential. The need for a faster SP regen is great, and the slightest boost from int boost damage is certainly very needed...

Namine plays only a SL, but it should follow the similar logic as grand cross when it comes to raydric... the worse thing possible is a 1000 hp Raydric left, and another Esma/GC is needed just to finish them off, wasting time and SP away~ Trying to oneshot Raydrics should be the top priority at all times.

Just wondering... why the random 1 magnum break in the swordie tree? Personally rather get 1 more endure... not like 1 magnum break helps much in the training days of swordie (why would a swordie go to anywhere with lots of mobs is rather questionable... Namine thought that swordies just bash porcelios and metalings nonstop, hm?)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-13-2007 12:10 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Don't forget guard can block your own gc hit.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-13-2007 12:16 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but I'm making a crusader too, (and I dont know what I'm doing) and I was wondering why you chose 10 str.

Is strength really that unimportant to crusaders?

Edit: Btw, dont waste a point on peco ride if you aren't going to have cavalier mastery. If all you really want is the speed, just get a bloody axe. Just my 2 cents.

Edit to Namnine: Magnum break has the benifit of being one of the only skills that can take a stalker out of chase walk. It can also take a stealth character out of cloak/tunnel driver. It cannot take someone out of hiding though. This means that as long as the assassin/rogue is moving, MB can hit them. I always put at least 1 point in MB for this reason alone.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2007 12:36 PM by Salvosa.)
07-13-2007 12:30 PM
truthhurts Offline

what if i just use holy cross to finish off a raydric? would that work or maybe not, i don't know yet. i got 1 magnum break so i can spread out mobs when i needed to. i have 20 str now but i was thinking on getting only 10 later, since i dont really need it since i'm going for gc build and also 10+7 would still help my weight limit...
07-13-2007 01:16 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

The problem that Namine sees, is SP, to be honest, why GC must finish off the raydrics in one hit. Be it magnum break, holy cross or whatever Mr. Truthurts have for his crusader to finish off weakened raydrics, they will all cost SP (since GC Crusader's normal attacks are not impressive.) The time taken to use holy cross to finish off the raydrics one by one will results in getting more hit by raydrics, which in turn is converted to using more heals (more SP consumption.) It is simply ineffective usage of time to sit so often in order to train the Crusader then.

Thought that holy cross's damage is based on str... Assuming 20 str, holy cross, even with elemental advantage, will not be very effective against Raydrics. Then again, Namine is incorrect on many, many things if it is not a class that she has played already...

Namine thinks that the crusader is almost purely PvM, Mr. Salvosa... Believe that Mr. truthurts has another character as the main to participate in PvP situations.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-13-2007 01:40 PM