Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battle High Priest (set to annoy?)
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Battle High Priest (set to annoy?)

Some of you might recognize me as the magnum break spamming Female battle priest that has been flaunting that high slit Priest outfit. Anywho, I'm halfway through lvl 98 to 99, and I realized. "All I know of High priest skills is either from High rate servers which ignored skill requirements, or Other high priests who have kicked my ass before."

While I'm not able to get everything I in the High priest skillset to suit my battle build (where Okama goes rushing into mobs she can't possibly hope to survive and comes back out alive). But now I'm questioning how good it will actually be. I know some of you are thinking Why not make a champ instead, but the fact is, I hate the Monk/Champ skill branch, both using them and Facing them. But if we take the brawny side of the aco tree out of the equation I get this:

Divine Protection Level 5
Demon Bane Level 10
Ruwach Level 1
Pneuma Level 1
Teleportation Level 2
Warp Portal Level 4
Heal Level 10
Increase Agility Level 10
Aqua Benedicta Level 1
Angelus Level 2
Blessing Level 10
Holy Light Level 1 Quest Skill
Increase SP Recovery Level 5
Safety Wall Level 10
Resurrection Level 1
Mace Mastery Level 10
Impositio Manus Level 3
Aspersio Level 4
Sanctuary Level 3
Status Recovery Level 1
Lex Divina Level 5
Assumptio Level 5
Meditatio Level 10
Mana Recharge Level 5
Redemptio Level 1 Quest Skill

I want a priest where I can be offensive and supportive, and playfully switch back and forth depending on the situation. While I can't get KE for this to break other's assumtio's, I get safety wall which can block the ever annoying asura strike as well as other melee attacks while Pneuma blocks the ranged stuff (excluding magic). Lex divina is a must for any priest to screw over low vit skill spammers and prolong our lives...

The biggest concern I have on this though is having both mana Recharge and Meditatio. While lvling as a Battle priest, I often ran out of SP, Mana recharge lowers SP costs of skills, and I've heard one HP say she would never have gotten Magnificat had she known Meditatio was that effective in recovering SP.

I want meditatio for the increased heal as well as the SP recovery, but I also want the Reduced SP cost of my skills.

I may not be sure how well this skill set would hold up to the real situations, but do rate and advise me on if there's anything I could do better (aside from changing it to Boring TU and/or FS builds).
07-14-2007 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
truthhurts Offline

RE: Battle High Priest (set to annoy?)

maybe not the solution you are looking for, but a friend of mine had perfected a FS/ME build for her high priestess. it was pretty impresive, because she had enough dex to cast ME at a fast enough rate, enough vit to survie just about anything, and ofcourse enough int to be a usefull fs and me spammer.
07-15-2007 01:17 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

truthhurts Wrote:maybe not the solution you are looking for, but a friend of mine had perfected a FS/ME build for her high priestess. it was pretty impresive, because she had enough dex to cast ME at a fast enough rate, enough vit to survie just about anything, and ofcourse enough int to be a usefull fs and me spammer.

Anything that does not involve a stunner across the opponent's face is not for Mr. Oka and his infamous marine sphere clip.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-15-2007 01:52 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

As usefull as ME and FS stuffs are, most of the things I'd want/be able to kill with ME have too much Mdef for it to be really feasible without a reliable tank who'd be willing to serve me when I call, but people have lives, and I'd only be able to kill other people in PVP if I holy lighted them or if they had an Evil druid card on.

Battle priests is about getting out of that frame of monsters, buffing and healing themselves and beating the crap out of your enemies with brute force until their skulls are broken in. I wish to smite more than just demons and undead which have built up resistance to holy magic due to Gravity's evil scheming. And as is, my Un-transed battle priest is my most economic hunter, never needing to use any pots aside from the occaisional concentration potion. And add a mediocre support, to beating crap up, you get an awesome concept.

While ME and TU may be faster for lvling purposes, I'm looking for slightly more flexibility. And that means that the Mace is a universal killing tool that'll work on just about anything.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2007 02:26 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-15-2007 02:22 AM
Reis Offline
Skyhigh

Alite, I read your skill tree over and I want to add some of my 2 cents into mana recharge, meditatio and my favorite skill, magnificat Icon_smile

One thing I want to make very clear is that magnificat is a very important skill if you want to be a somewhat of a support priest when necessary. When I priest, other than " buff please" or the desperate yell of "HEAL!!!!!", I hear "mag please." or "Mag me fker!" and etc. SP recovery is quite important while supporting, and its a must have for a support priest. Now to mana recharge.

Assuming your most spammed skill will be heal, with max mana recharge, your sp spent will be 32sp per heal rather than 40sp per heal. Blessing with max mana recharge will be around 47sp per cast rather than 60sp, and agi up will be 36sp per cast rather than 45 per cast. All together you save 30sp. Is 30sp really worth that 5 skill point? While other condition would probably apply, you probably wouldnt even have noticed that sp going missing if you have magnificat on.

Meditatio? no question about it that this skill is god send. I would max it no matter what. It would help compromise some int that is needed for increase in heal. Now, the % increase in sp is different. Depending on your max sp, the % increase in the sp may not be significant. My advice is to have a number of heal that you want, and try to match that up with your int, base level and meditatio. You may able to save some skill points to put it into magnificat(excellent support skill) or even gloria (may be avaliable upon request ._.) I saw the lack of gloria in your skill tree and well, I thought it helps for a battle priest.

My ultimate advice, would be getting magnificat over mana recharge. My high priest equips eggyra over verit or sohee because I get maxium sp recovery from eggyra, meditatio and magnificat (I dunno why the hell you want more SP as a FS high priest, I have 2.5k already /swt). People might tell me that eggyra sucks, but I love it because no matter how much heal spam I do, my sp bar never goes down. It stays full whether its bio lab, woe, pvp, whereever. But sometimes in bio lab, where I sometimes need to spam heal like crazy and my magnificat runs out, my sp is pretty much gone to at least 1/2 bar. Magnificat is important! Even at level 1 it will still provide the same recovery rate unlike mana recharge where you probably need max level to see the full benefit of it. But if you can work something out between the level of meditatio, mana recharge and magnificat, do that!

It would help to see your stat build next time also.
07-15-2007 11:15 AM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

I think you should try to fit Lex Aeterna if you want to fit in with both the battle FS combo. KE won't be needed as battle priest/high priest anyway because we don't really do that much casting. KE > Assumptio only when you don't have a Phen card in my opinion. And there's other ways to mess with people in WoE and I see it in your skill list. No1

There's more I want to say, but I don't want to say it here. Good luck to you, Oka. May we face each other as Battle High Priests one day (I'm only 1/4th of the way to 99).

No1

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
07-15-2007 11:16 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Magnificant is a definite must have at 5, in Namin?'s opinion... on top of what is said already, there is also the hidden factor for Magnificant in SP saving... if Mr. Oka is to regen faster, then it is indirectly the same as cutting back the SP cost. Do not forget that SP Recovery is now at lv 5 unlike lv 4 back in the priest days... Personally regard Mana Recharge as completely useless for a High Priest, even a battling one... Not taking Mana Recharge free up the need for the hefty Demon Bane 10, which is more points for more worthy cost, such as Ms. Poeticwing's mentioned Lex Aeterna (might as well take it... one skill point with powerful effect, and Mr. Oka's skill choices already got its requirements).

Personally, and also with the backup on a few comments on some iRO forum, Meditatio is powerful but should not be considered a "given" to be at lv 10 even for FS High Priest... either that, or Heal level should go down to compensate. Really... high amount of heal is always helpful, but is there such a need of 2100-2200 heal vs 2400-2500 heal at the cost of skill points? Mr. Oka will really need to look at the heal chart, along with some percentage calculation to balance out heal and meditatio. Having both at 10 is simply too costly in skill points and hardly necessary for a battle high priestess... Namin? only has meditatio at 5 as well (thinking back, really could've had heal at 9 and meditatio at 6 instead... it'll produce nearly same heal result, but better SP recovery with more SP) because she will not have any other way to pick up safety wall 7 on her part...

Safety Wall 10 is hardly necessary... most people have Safety Wall at 7, and Namin? will have to agree. 3 skill points do not worth the 3 extra negated hits (considering how fast some players, and even monsters, can hit... 3 hits are not worth 3 skill points), so leave Safety Wall at 7 just to pick up the minimum cast time.

All the free up points allow the usages of spells such as Gloria, Kyrie Eleison (Namin? really recommends getting at least 1 level of KE, just like 1 level of agi down, for the purpose of mini-dispel on assumptio) or higher level impositio magnus and sanctuary, which Namin? prefer more than Mana Recharge or Safety Wall 10...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-15-2007 03:37 PM
Reis Offline
Skyhigh

I agree with Namine except on the Safety Wall. Safety Wall's cast time depends on the skill level. If you dont have enough dex, you can hardly cast fast enough to block an asura, or save yourself in a desperate situation. If you're gonna have safety wall, you should max it out.
07-15-2007 07:20 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Reis Wrote:I agree with Namine except on the Safety Wall. Safety Wall's cast time depends on the skill level. If you dont have enough dex, you can hardly cast fast enough to block an asura, or save yourself in a desperate situation. If you're gonna have safety wall, you should max it out.

Except that Safety Wall's equation got a nasty fine print stuck to it...

Cast Time: (4.5 - 0.5*SkillLV) sec, minimum: 1 sec

Meaning, the cast time for lv 7 and lv 10 are exactly the same due to the restriction on minimum cast... any level of higher than 7 will be purely for the extra hits, which Namin? does not believe that 3 extra hits worth the last 3 skill level of safety wall.

07-16-2007 02:26 AM
jman212 Offline

How come we dont get a stat build?Evil

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
07-16-2007 01:53 PM