Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To everyone.
n3xus Offline

RE: To everyone.

about hermes unjailing a loa member... he explained that in the thread. but if people don't trust him in the first place, nothing he says will be heard. i didn't see anyone say much when valk was released after 1 day instead of 1 week by another gm =) if hermes unjailing someone unfairly is brought up, so should that one.

as far as hermes goes, he did a lot of work for the server for over a year now (player + gm). at one point, he was the only real active gm for a while. he was nice to everyone on his gm char and helped others out on his regular chars. can't add really much else since alexander summed it up pretty well. all i can say is more people feel like this guy should be punished, but not be banned.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
07-17-2007 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jman212 Offline

Great point n3xus....but it wont be brought up..because thats just how the server works?Thinking
And avo..how could someone who starts fresh with no Gm powers or anything but as a regular Legit character do anything corrupt? Is he gunna hax items again somehow?Sweat

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 12:15 AM by jman212.)
07-18-2007 12:11 AM
Yetipunk Offline

Maybe my post wasn't clear.

Pandora should restrain all GMs from certain commands and actions only allowing them those during certain periods of time.

Hermes shouldn't come back as a GM.

coocoocachoo
07-18-2007 12:33 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Those with power "WILL" use that power. That's the nature of human beings. It doesn't mean Heremes is greedy or corrupt, it only means he is a human.

Anyway, Yeti is right. Having @item removed from all GMs except admins would be a suitable action. There is no need for GMs to create items anyway. When there is an event, GMs should consult with Pandora first so she deals the GMs the items/surprises/gifts so the GMs can later throw them to porings they spawned or give the prizes to players who won the event.

This might not be that uber smart idea, but I am sure there is a way to prevent GMs from abusing their power.

I've been here for 4 months, I don't think I've ever ran into Heremes. Thanks for all the work you did for the server "assuming you did contribute", and goodluck where ever you go.

Edit:
Ahh now I remember his HP, Reis. He helped me bitchslap Orc Hero Cry
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 06:48 AM by Bloody.)
07-18-2007 06:07 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

When was Valk released before his time and by whom? You "assume" this is how the server works, but it isnt. If no one says a word how are we suppose to know this happened? I'm very tired of you and your brother's attitude jman212. Just because some of them don't like you does not make the GM team biased, you reap what you sow. You've been rude to a lot of people both GM and players, you don't respect the rules, you enjoy provoking others and you expect what? Kindness in return? You should be happy you're not banned.. yet. Improvement in your attitude would definatly not hurt.

I fully support Joy's post. I asked Hermes to make this appology thread, I thought it was the least he could do. But however sincere it may be, a few words do not erase what he's done and for how long it was going on.

No one seems to care about justice anymore I guess. Or that I had to spend one hell of a crap evening last night, spending most of it looking through server logs, listening to people calling me a bitch behind my back for doing what's right and having to see some of his "friends" try to leech his items like freaking vultures. Banning one of my GM wasn't fun, hell no, just having to find out about this got me really depressed. I placed my trust where I obviously shouldn't have.

As for the other GMs, even if I trust them I'll be keeping a much closer look on the @commands logs. Not all of them have the @item, only GMs who have been with us for a long time and "deserve" our trust. Hermes had just recently gotten it.

The possibility of him being allowed back on a new and empty account as a player is being discussed by the GM team, we will let him know what we decide within a few days. It's entirely the GMs decision but thanks for your opinion on the matter everyone. I wasn't expecting heroes would be willing to give him another chance, but I should have known, we have such a nice community and I'm proud of that.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-18-2007 07:01 AM
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

BTW it's not double posting. Joy isn't Choco and Choco isn't Joy, that's why I don't get items transfered, and I don't have any authority at all as Joy, I'm a regular player like everyone else. =]

[Image: ?action=view&current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
07-18-2007 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

Having been a GM on a tiny, short lived, no name server once upon a time, I understand the temptation that comes with wanting to use GM powers to leech legit characters. I never did it (my legit on that server never got past a, like, level 50 archer or somesuch horribly lowleveled char) but I can't tell you how many times I was tempted. Icon_razz I'm also one of those people who despise cheating, and I thought to myself "How would I feel if I was going up against someone in PvP/WoE and I knew I had worked hard to level my characters and they just haxgm'd themselves?"

I'd wanna kick them in the face, that's what I'd feel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm high and mighty and never used the @item command on my GM account, I did. I gave myself every single type of cute-pet availible in the game (this will not be a surprise to some) to my GM account, with @item. Sat in town and talked to the impressive population of three players and switched pets like every two minutes. I also abused the command to raise pet loyalty (I don't remember the actual command right now) so my fifty jillion pets loved me. >.>

But on my legit account I hunted for that Rainbow Carrot hardcore.

My point being, as wrong as the actions were (and they were. Bad Hermes, no cookie >:O ), there IS some hardcore temptation there. And doesn't the saying go 'to err is human, to forgive is divine'? Something like that. Not that it's my choice, or my spiel will have any difference on the outcome, I just think we should give him the option of making things right on a new, clean account. Such is my opinion, for what little it is worth.

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
07-18-2007 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Er, I hope he gets another chance, I mean I remember calling him pretty bad things back in the day when I was against Twilight, but when I got to know him he was the last person I expected to do something like that.

[Image: seifer.jpg]
07-18-2007 11:18 AM
jman212 Offline

...Kissy thats it..just..Kissy

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
07-18-2007 12:23 PM
Squall Offline
~SupAh FlY~

Wow what I do...Can't even believe whats being said about me in a post like this. :l

07-18-2007 12:54 PM