Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To everyone.
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

RE: To everyone.

When you sign up to be a GM, are you told that if you are caught abusing your powers you will be banned from the server as both GM and player? If Hermes wasn't told this, I dont think taking such an action would be fair. I cannot recall if it is this server I'm thinking of, but even people who use 3rd party software to cheat as players dont get fully banned. On the other hand, if all GMs are warned of this beforehand, there should be no exceptions made.

Just for the record, I am certainly not siding with anyone here. I didn't know Hermes so I'm totally unbiased. I am only interested in justice, coupled with fairness.

To Chocolate:

No matter how many screennames a person might have, the person behind the screen is just that; one person. It's certainly not just you, but it bothers me when people post on one account and then post on another account to support themselves as if we are to assume they are 2 different people, (unless they are clearly and openly role-playing). Idk why this bothers me, and I'm sorry for picking on you. No offence intended or anything.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 02:47 PM by Salvosa.)
07-18-2007 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

well, personally speaking it is very easy to fall when you are given a big authority as a GM. authority and responsibility comes hand in hand and basically the magnitude is very relative, but sometimes it is easy to fall through the cracks and simply like all humans failure is there following wherever you go. also as human everyone is free to dislike another, but that doesn't mean you have the right to cause havoc just for petty dislikes.

in my opinion, the issue is already resolved and he has been punished for his wrong doings. and also i must agree with pandy that there are quite a number of vultures who just sit there picking through another's bones, especially when it is a friend's.

justice is already served, no need to rub salt on the wound and it doesn't matter whether you trust him or not. get over the issue! dealing more insanity will not get you anywhere, just somehow let the gms work out a way to resolve this issue and solve it themselves.

also, just because one person does something bad, it doesn't mean they are a bad person in the entirety.

and yeah like kaoreii said the temptation is huge if you ever have been a gm yourself. the efficiency and just the beauty of those gm commands at making gm-ing easy is very temping to use when you are playing your legit char especially the small things that really wears out your patience. even token buffs like resistant soul u must keep even to make sure nobody complains of unfairness. oh yes there are people who whine over such useless buffs, you might go "ah i don't do that." but god there are people out there who whine over it.

still a crime was done and paid for. or do some shallow people here still thinking that even after the punishment he still needs to be tormented? i do believe in second chances, because the best teacher is failure.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 03:41 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
07-18-2007 03:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

o_o;

Namine was not expecting some huge debate to break out... thought that everyone initially just wanted to pay a tribute to Mr. Hermes for all the goods that he has done... Certainly not necessarily outweigh all the wrongs, but doubt that anyone can say he did nothing or he never contributed to heRO server... No need to break up an argument just for fellow members of the community to say their last thanks (even if they will not be heard of by the man himself) and opinions hm?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-18-2007 04:05 PM
n3xus Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:When was Valk released before his time and by whom? You "assume" this is how the server works, but it isnt.

i believe it was this one posted by gm-chocolate
Who: Valkirye
Reason: Disrespecting Squall
Duration: a few days and he has to appologize to Squall

i was told it was for a week. i have no probs with valk, or the gm that did the unjailing. i wasn't there for it. but i saw valk after one day so... yeah it happened. i didn't say anything because i have no real issue with it. i was only bringing it up since someone else brought up hermes unjailing.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
07-18-2007 04:34 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

The law is the same for everyone, players and GM alike.

GM's should be even more careful of their actions as their behaviors reflect far more on the server reputation.

I believe Hermes understand this which is why he apologized. A person must possess a deep sense of trust in fundamental principles and values in order to apologize.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
07-18-2007 04:41 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

>_< ok, my mistake i was just annoyed that someone would throw insults at the gm's hard work. i truly appreciate the hard works of the gms who kept the server so nicely done. and pandy it was quite easy for something like power abuse to happen, just a matter of whether they can hold themselves or not. temptation got the better of him. he basically defeated himself by doing the wrong thing.

i don't know the full story but as i understand it he gave himself items and was caught. so in that case its more like, when you do wrong you feel undeserved and crave for that hollow part to be fulfilled. then you fill it with something, and unknowingly do more wrongs, not realizing the mistake until either you are caught or come to your senses and self atone (with the first being far more common). its a very human thing and the smaller things are easier to realize that the big ones.

so yeah, thank you for the events and stuff. and the great chatting sessions we have in pront. (if you are who i think you are)

the only thing i regret was not getting his skull for my gm skull collection.Cry
and it is such a beautiful collection too.

Edit: after reading aegis's sig, i think this situation is summed up very well in his sig. we are assuming gms cannot make mistakes and forget that they are also human.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2007 04:55 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
07-18-2007 04:48 PM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

Well, I can't say I expected this to happen at all. Ryan was a great guy, both legit and GM. Apparently, temptation took over, and he is now paying for it. I'm sorry to hear this incident happened, in all honesty. I hope this will just help to tone down any other feelings of temptation he may feel in a next server, or any other place that takes true responsibility as a whole.

You gave me great advice on statistics for my lady sniper, and also helped me find what I thought to be a great build in the end, for her. You truly did alot for me, and I'm sure, others, so atleast know that Ryan. You'll be dearly missed, and I hope your experiences from here will only go to show improvement from this 'lesson'.

-Kamon
07-18-2007 04:50 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

bloody Wrote:Those with power "WILL" use that power. That's the nature of human beings. It doesn't mean Heremes is greedy or corrupt, it only means he is a human.

Word. Sad to see it happen, but hey, it's life right?

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
07-18-2007 05:11 PM
Yetipunk Offline

It doesn't have to be life. It won't ever be again seeing that Panda checks the GM logs now.

coocoocachoo
07-18-2007 06:11 PM
Sheepdude Offline

Everybody makes mistakes. Don't worry.

On a side note: I've always thought that gms shouldn't be given powers such as @item, @refine and such. They don't need it, and it only makes possible the temptation to create good items for themselves.

[Image: signature.jpg]
07-18-2007 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply