Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Main Channel
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Main Channel

It seems it can be both a blessing and a curse, and I'd like for everyone to make an effort to make it further the first option and not so much the other.

Everyone has @Main on by default, so ask yourself "does everyone needs to hear this"? If you're going afk or to the bathroom, I don't think the whole server has to hear about it. Also ask yourself if you can use another chat, for example party or guild, or if you need to say something to 1 person use PM instead. If you need to buy/sell/trade an item, it's ok to post about it once, but don't spam it every 5 minutes!

There are people of all ages on the server, as such keep conversation for a general audience. Even if it's "late" for you, it's daytime in other parts of the world. This goes for normal chat as well, be considerate of our younger players.

Lastly, disrespect/insult are never allowed, be it on main chat or any other. Respect your fellow players.

The Main Channel *can* be turned off for users not interrested in reading it, but no one should have to turn it off for the reasons listed above. (Use @Main off to switch it off)

Also, remember the Main should always be in English.

If we find the Main to be a nuisance and realise that players cannot use it responsibly we might remove it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-20-2007 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

RE: Main Channel

I don't understand what you're saying...

Do you mean stuff like this?

[Image: screenheRO-Server171.jpg]

[Image: screenheRO-Server194.jpg]

As dumb as those screenies and what the people in them are saying, as long as no GM does anything, they will keep doing it. Of course, I can't tell you how happy would I be if @main was removed, and rules were enforced on players saying messed up stuff on general/@main chat.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2007 11:56 AM by Bloody.)
07-20-2007 11:50 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hence why Main just stays off for Namine in most parts...

However, as general chat... don't know, as there's little room for that type of humor or casual chat then. Not everyone maybe in the same guild, so certainly it can't resort to guild chat... PM is only 1-to-1 chat, and forming a new party every time just to talk can prove to be annoying. Not sure if it maybe overly harsh to rule out this type of behavior from general chat on top of main chat~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-20-2007 12:19 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:However, as general chat... don't know, as there's little room for that type of humor or casual chat then.

Since when did "Rape" become humor or casual chat? My girlfriend logged out right after she read their stupid "conversation".
07-20-2007 12:31 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Bloody Wrote:Since when did "Rape" become humor or casual chat?

It did, somehow, in methods beyond Namine's understanding .____.

It has somehow incorporated itself to be humor or casual chat for some people that it is perhaps one of Namine's most influencial factor in choosing a guild, or using it to decide who should join a guild that she is in as well...

Different preference for different people suppose... just don't let Namine see it >_>

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-20-2007 12:36 PM
jman212 Offline

lmao yeah bloody..i cant stand stuff like that..i never play with main on.Whistle

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
07-20-2007 01:38 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Didnt your mother ever tell you it's not nice to lie jman?

@bloody why do you have Sakura prontera?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-20-2007 02:17 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

RE:??Main Channel

Bloody Wrote:Since when did "Rape" become humor or casual chat? My girlfriend logged out right after she read their stupid "conversation".

welcome to society XD

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
07-20-2007 02:17 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

GM-Pandora Wrote:Didnt your mother ever tell you it's not nice to lie jman?

@bloody why do you have Sakura prontera?

I have the same... all I did was update my kRO/sakray ._. (even with the heRO patch in place) and it appears that way @_@

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
07-20-2007 02:32 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I haven't updated my kRO since May I think xD

And uh.. welcome to society? If that's your reaction towards something so disgusting and horrible, no wonder rapists fill the streets. Maybe you should start thinking how would it feel if you had someone from your family raped. I guess that will make you start hating rape and hating f**king idiots who think of it so lightly and use it as "humor".
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2007 02:39 PM by Bloody.)
07-20-2007 02:36 PM