Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Higher Handicap for Priests in ToH..
Blob Offline

Higher Handicap for Priests in ToH..

I really think priests should get more handicap points in ToH.. like 20 points.. or at LEAST 15.. instead of 10, and heres why..

Yes, we've all been warned that ToH isnt EASY for priests, but its not fair to make it impossible.. its hard enough for the regular classes as it is.. last ToH, i was the ONLY priest playing ToH, why? ive seen plenty priest classes with hero-gear.. so i can only assume that most people play ToH with an alt/other character then give the goods over to their helpless priests... well.. i for one dont have a higher lvl alt that can play for my priest so..

lets take a look at the events.. monster hunt and item hunt (im excluding pvp for the obvious reason that priest cant pvp so its not even an option..)

monster hunt: all we can do is try to run through each course without dying.. which is simple enough, but can only get us MAX 25 points.. unless of course we get lucky and happen to get some sort of undead monster that we can heal bomb.. lets say we're lucky and get one wave of undead monsters.. and we get 30 points total ...

item hunt: i think everyone agrees this is probably the hardest event.. i scored a total of 8 points out of 50 with my priest in this event.. its not that i was ineffective, its just simple not possible to kill anything fast enough to collect enough items.. all i got to use is holy light.. which is slow and doesnt do much dmg.. and it doesnt help at all that someone comes and steals the kill 90% of the time while im run/blasting.. but for the sake of making my point lets round it up to 10 points..

now add all that up 30+10+10(handicap)= 50 points

ok, so if you do really well and are lucky with getting some undeads to kill, maybe you get to around 50 points.. but its still 20 points away from getting the bare minimum for a gear.. which means you also HAVE to win the mass pvp AND answer at least two trivia questions.. just to get 70 points.. isnt it just a little unreasonable? I thought the 2 bonus rounds were just that.. BONUSES.. not something you'd HAVE to rely on in order to get 70 points... i mean what if your a priest on the dark side? they pretty much never win the mass pvp, which cant be helped, so you would have to make at least 4 trivia questions to get enough points.. which isnt easy to do..

so anyway.. i guess this was mostly ranting but, i hope u GMs cut us priests some slack here xP.. either give us more handicap or make the events more priest friendly (more undead so we can actually kill things), and not make us rely on having to use another character.. please
No1

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
08-04-2007 08:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Higher Handicap for Priests in ToH..

I will consider it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-04-2007 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Altheridos Offline
Banned

Priests can still do pvp, if you tie, and survive the whole 2 min its 5 point still.
08-04-2007 09:26 AM
bensei Offline

i cant say much about this toh thing, since i never took part in it, but the statement that priests/highpriests cant pvp effectively is just wrong.

for one, they can basically outheal any damage, and use safety wall or penuma to prevent themselfes from taking damage too. there are plenty builds for pvp priests, like wearing a high orc shield to reflect melee damage while you safety wall/heal yourself, or a high aspd holy light spamm.

Not to mention lex aeterna and lex divina.

[Image: brandnewbensig.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2007 09:36 AM by bensei.)
08-04-2007 09:35 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:there are plenty builds for pvp priests, like wearing a high orc shield to reflect melee damage while you safety wall/heal yourself
With 5% reflect, every 100,000 dmg done on you is 5,000 dmg back to the attacker.
With 5% reflect, every 200,000 dmg done on you, is 10,000 dmg back to the attacker.
I think what I am pointing out explains itself?
Quote: or a high aspd holy light spamm.
Do you come from a high rate server with stats/lvls over 99? There is a cast time for Holy light, and unless you are fighting a weak opponent, Holy light won't be enough to take them down. Oh did anyone mention that you can use items during the pvp event?
Not to mention that to get a decent cast time, you need to lower your vit. Lower your vit and you get stunned, silenced, poisoned...etc. Or keep your Vit and Dex high, and you end up with low int. Holy light dmg will be next to nothing. Or get high int and high vit, and wind up with very slow holy light.
Bottom line: FS priests are rarely used because they can't do sh** in 2 of the events.

Maybe Panda could like.. make a new room in 2 of the trials.

Monster Trial: While people fight in the regular rooms, priests get their own room that consists of undead-property & dark-property monsters. They could effectively heal bomb, TU, ME or Holy light stuff there. I am sure there is a huge variety of undead/dark mobs that could fit the 5 different stages of the trial.

Item Hunt: Priests are warped to a different location to hunt the same items regular players have to collect - however - the monsters that drop them are different (Undead...etc).

This exception can be only done to priests as other classes can effectively kill fast. However, if a priest wishes to take the normal trials, they are free to do so.

What do you think? (Of course no one is saying you have to use weak monsters, personally I find 5 Wraithes, 3 Zombie Generals, 1 Wraith Undead...etc to be real fair and compared to other stages of the trial itself, they are equal to what others get)
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2007 11:52 AM by Bloody.)
08-04-2007 11:06 AM
bensei Offline

Bloody Wrote:
Quote:there are plenty builds for pvp priests, like wearing a high orc shield to reflect melee damage while you safety wall/heal yourself
With 5% reflect, every 100,000 dmg done on you is 5,000 dmg back to the attacker.
With 5% reflect, every 200,000 dmg done on you, is 10,000 dmg back to the attacker.
I think what I am pointing out explains itself?
Quote: or a high aspd holy light spamm.
Do you come from a high rate server with stats/lvls over 99? There is a cast time for Holy light, and unless you are fighting a weak opponent, Holy light won't be enough to take them down. Oh did anyone mention that you can use items during the pvp event?
Not to mention that to get a decent cast time, you need to lower your vit. Lower your vit and you get stunned, silenced, poisoned...etc. Or keep your Vit and Dex high, and you end up with low int. Holy light dmg will be next to nothing. Or get high int and high vit, and wind up with very slow holy light.
Bottom line: FS priests are rarely used because they can't do sh** in 2 of the events.

no, i dont come from a high rate server ^_^;
anyway, i never said that fighting with a priest would be easy, but its not like its impossible, but i do admit i forgot the lack of mvp cards here, so forget the high aspd holy light part, since it requires the rare doppleganger cards. =P

anyway, with a decent dex, (arround the 110~) you have still enough points to get a decent int and a bit vit. the vit doesnt even need to be very high, since you wont reach a immunity anyway, but it will help to shorten the status change.

as high priest, its ever easier, since you have more stats and a better job bonus.

and to the high orc part, again i can just say that its not easy, but the shield supports the dmg output at least a bit, while you safety wall yourself (there is another card like that if im not mistaken, was it orc lord? not sure anymore).

another idea, farming spell scrolls and trying to combine them with a status armor to do a spell wich uses the elemental advantage. this could be even easier since your supposed to have a high int as priest anyway.

anyway, i wont go further into detail, as i said i never took part in this ToH thing, so if items are allowed, a duel with a priest can be indeed pretty hard.

My point was just that priests are indeed able to kill if played right.

the power of a priest is to make fights long and survive for a long time, in a long duel, priests/high priests sure have a good chance to win.

[Image: brandnewbensig.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2007 12:32 PM by bensei.)
08-04-2007 12:18 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Played right a priest can win, but it will be much harder than other 2nd class, which is why we have the handicap. In addition, scrolls are not allowed in the ToH.

Like I said, I will consider it.

~ Server Admin ~
08-04-2007 12:58 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Monster fighting~ we suppose one room have undeads in it, and that priest cant tank/run the other rooms ->30 pts
pvp fighting ~ Priest can easily tank anyone if they use some healing item to support their healing skill -> 25 pts
handicap->10 pts

And we have...65 pts!

After, there is the triva questions to earn more points and eventually, the mass pvp battle...I don't see where the problem is...Alchemist cant kill at all in monster fighting, they can tank in pvp but for a uberhigher amount of pots than the priest, and in item gathering they have nothing to kill, not even a holy light. Alchemist should gets handicap points, but priest already have 10. Stop always asking more handicap when something is difficult. What will we get in some months? ppl asking handicap points cause they want to ToH with there lvl 10 novice? sssh

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
08-04-2007 01:08 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm not going to be making different rooms/npc for priest.

Alchemist have attack skills if they are not build to attack with an axe, they can throw acid/grenade bottle or summon flora, etc or use a fireblend if they are int based like I've seen many level at soils with.

Krimlin you don't have to come fight in every discussion topic you know, go find something more constructive to do.

~ Server Admin ~
08-04-2007 01:14 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Sorry for guiving my point of view >_> Why people would have to be shy to think that something isnt a good idea. mehIcon_cry

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2007 01:24 PM by Général_Argos.)
08-04-2007 01:22 PM