Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Impressions
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

My Impressions

I just wanted to share a few quick impressions I have of this server after playing for an hour or so.

Be Proud
Not because I like the server, but because you guys have an amazing community. I'm sure most of you know this, but I know sometimes once you get used to having something so amazing you can start to take it for granted. I have met nothing but friendly people and GMs so far (which is very rare, even for such a small, tight-knit community). I know the GMs work hard to keep this a fun, interesting, and friendly community, but I didn't really believe that it would be this nice when I was reading about it.

So far, I think it would be hard to imagine a nicer place to play. It seems balanced, fun, and original. (I really like the Light vs Dark idea, btw) It's also nice as a low rate server because things aren't impossible, but when you get to higher levels or get nice drops it feels like a real accomplishment (I made the mistake of playing a 4000/4000/25 server once, and being high level just felt pathetic ;p).

EDIT: I also really like the fact that you have to unlock places before you can warp to them. No other server I've played on has had this and, as a result, I've missed out on a lot of exploration of the world. I like catching up on that Laugh

In short, I just wanted to say congratulations to Pandora, the whole heRO team, and the community for having one of the most amazing RO experiences ever. I'll be sure to tell any of my friends who are interested in MMORPGs about this server (and I'm trying to remind myself to vote every day as well - see signature).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2007 01:59 PM by azurerogue.)
08-10-2007 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: My Impressions

I'm really truly happy to hear that ^_^ It's really a boost on the moral.

However I'll play devil's advocate here and tell you a few downsides, but I think the good outweight the bad Icon_smile

The svn is really outdated, but we're working on it (along with player helping on a test server). There is woe drama sometimes, but I think everyone is trying to put some cool on it lately and be civil. All in all, it's thanks to everyone that we have this server. No1

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-10-2007 02:16 PM
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

RE: My Impressions

It's great to get this type of feed back once in while. Icon_wink I'm glad you got to see HeRO and that you liked it on your first try of the server.Icon_biggrin

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
08-10-2007 02:41 PM