Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Merchant/Blacksmith Help
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Merchant/Blacksmith Help

Perhaps foolishly, I decided to make my first character a Merchant/Blacksmith. He's going to be a battlesmith (maybe a forgesmith once I transcend - only if I can find someone to leech me and/or save for the reset cost).

I'm not new to RO, but I am new to heRO and haven't played low rate for a while. I'm not looking for build advice or super fast leveling (not possible with my equipment anyways ;p), but what I would like to ask is what kinds of places should I be heading to to level? I'm finding that most places I can get to / find only give me like .4% BaseXP right now and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Here's my character's information right now:

Merchant 46/34
STR 44+2
AGI 40
VIT 15+3
INT 1+1
DEX 20+2
LUK 1

I don't have mammonite yet. These are my equips:

Poporing Hat
Adventurer's Suit
Sword Mace
Guard
Hood
Sandals
(I'm very new)

This leaves me with:

HP 822
SP 150
ATK 196
DEF 11+18
MDef 0+2
HIT 68
FLEE 142

Thanks for any help you can give. Icon_biggrin

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
08-11-2007 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Altheridos Offline
Banned

RE: Merchant/Blacksmith Help

First, Especialy at low lvl , its no use to get such str with such low dex... you will hit hard, but 50% of the time only.

Test out geffen dungeon till 50.
08-11-2007 01:47 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Personally, I'd like to get an aco around Job lvl 35 and go mobbing in Orc Skeletons in Orc Dungeon 2 with Cart revolution (decent exp as well as the chance for valuable cards such as orc skeleton and dranliar). It'd be tougher though since you don't have much int (or SP) to spam with, and you'd be overweight with healing items on top of the potions and meat inside your card to boost the damage. And I say having an Aco would help cuz there's a couple of annoying Orc Archers in there that do more damage to you and you'd need to take you're healing items out of your cart and spam potz some more until it's dead to beat it, whereas Aco can pneuma you and heal and buff.

Maybe It could use 10-20 more dex, and a little more Agi, but otherwise I'd say it's a decent starting build.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2007 06:08 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-11-2007 06:05 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

my favorite leveling spot for battle merchant/smith is toy factory

myst cases give great exp if you can handle them, but floor 1 has a great assortment of stuff to kill not to mention the occasional candy canes and cookies will help out lots if you don't have a priest along

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-11-2007 07:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Don't waste your stat points on a bunch of dex just yet.??A real easy way to get that extra hit and in turn boost str rather than dex is to get a cheap slotted weapon (even npc weapons)??and put some seal cards in it.??Just about everyone has seal cards.??Tons of them.??Just ask on @main if anyone would be willing to spare a few (ask once so as to not annoy people)??Then fill up your equips for a nice boost of hit.

I really don't like training merchants.??But a good rule of leveling is basically to try for ~10%-5% per enemy up until around level 40.??You will end up fighting wolfs, metalings, and other stuff like that.??Mammonite is a good skill to get but if a merch is your first character it is way to expensive.??Very tempting though.??From lvl 40 and up try to get at least 2% per kill.??If you are particularily brave or skilled you could fight soils.??Any slow moving, high exp, nonaggresive is an easy kill.??Simply attack it once then move out of sight, attack again and move out of sight.??You won't get hurt if you do it right.??If done right you can keep a steady ~10% exp per kill and a good pace will earn you faster exp.??Cart revo is your best bet as far as attacking goes.??Finding a low level party is probably the leveling method which will result in the most fun.

Edit: Forgot about toy factory. Great place to level if you are poor. The exp might fall below 10% but the enemies have little exp and go fast. The healing items are nice as well.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2007 07:47 PM by Kadar.)
08-11-2007 07:44 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Kadar Wrote:Edit: Forgot about toy factory. Great place to level if you are poor. The exp might fall below 10% but the enemies have little exp and go fast. The healing items are nice as well.

Kadar meant the enemies have little hp* lol
they do go by real fast, also if you are gunning for the merchant combo, you may as well start hunting for myst case card real early just to get it out of the way

Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-11-2007 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

First, make sure to get Overcharge and Discount both to 9-10,
if it isn't there already. It helps ALOT! Icon_biggrin

I actually like Orc Warrior to a certain point, and when you're stronger, Orc Lady.
Yeah Myst Case is and Cookies are good as well. Cruisers will kill you. =(

You might need to get a Pupa Card(Just for HP) or Roda Frog Card(For HP and SP to use Cart Revoloution) for yourself and get a slotted armor to put it in, an easy one would maybe be...an Adventure Suit off Baby Desert Wolves, they help alot. For a weapon, a dagger might work better with a nice buckler if you can afford one.(I'm talking unslotted for those)

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2007 11:22 PM by Lucky Day.)
08-11-2007 10:30 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

a slotted armor lucky ^.^

not a stoled one XDD just checking

08-11-2007 11:13 PM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

RE:??Merchant/Blacksmith Help

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:a slotted armor lucky ^.^

not a stoled one XDD just checking
Checking? I'm uhh...copying Kadar Icon_suprised
No no, bleh yeah I meant slotted x_x (stolled ain't even a word ;_Icon_wink

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
08-11-2007 11:23 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Thanks for all the help. I'm going to try to make my way to Toy Factory and see how that goes. In the meantime I might make a Thief or a Acolyte (monk path) to play when I get frustrated with my leveling merchant. Thanks again! Icon_biggrinv

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
08-11-2007 11:46 PM