Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need advice on startin up.
finklestein Offline

need advice on startin up.

My new comp will be ready tomorrow and ill be able to play RO again, and i want to be able to get on my feet in this server as quickly as possible, and here is what ive come up with so far.

-start with a mage, and hunt in GH prison for loots and get myself a decent amount fo zeny for gears on my other chars.
-Get a DC/OC merchant once the mage makes enough zeny for NPC gears adequate to raise the merch to the levels i need.
-Once i have a decent amount of zeny(anybody who can tell me what that amount would be) for knight gears, ill make a swordie, level it to job 47/50 and make myself a knight, who will be my main.

Now, i still need input on what a good amount of zeny for building a char at a decent speed is, and what some good gears for a knight are. I realy have no idea what good levelling spots are for a str/vit spear knight thats going to use primarily brandish spear to mob, on a peco of course. I also need some input on where to level a swordie to 47 or 50 job. My last attempts have shown me the outside of orc dungeon running VIT build and magnum breaking all the orcs is pretty good, but i could be wrong.

Also, does this server have a rental NPC?
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2007 11:11 PM by finklestein.)
08-28-2007 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Draken Offline

RE: need advice on startin up.

Not sure if their is a rental npc. But really well planning. I give u props, it looks like u really have everything planned out well /no1. Keep up the good work =D and ull be strong in no time and about the lvling spots im not sure which one is a good spot, but of what ive seen lately, the fields of Veins look like a really good place to lvl magicians and other lower lvl classes. Might want to try that place out or outside of Rachel too which, not sure if u know or not =/, can arrive through the izlude airaplane. =D

Draken 95/62 Assassin Cross
Krauser 93/50 Crusader
Claim 81/50 Sage
Meggers 75/41 Blacksmith
Vincent 69/43 Gunslinger
Virgil 39/29 Taekwon

[Image: fail.jpg?t=1213938120]
08-29-2007 02:32 AM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

I find that mage level really well on plant monsters, personally I usually max firebolt first and go mandragora > flora > geographer. Geo are good enough exp to level there until your job change. Keep your stems from mandragora/flora, offer them on main they usually sell at least 1k each to alchemists.

After you make your merch I'd suggest you to do fishing quest with it, knight have low sp, so those fishy will come in handy.

I never leveled a knight before, but I've heard high orcs and Isis were good spot to train in the days, it's most likely with all the new maps that there are better spots nowadays.

There's no "rental" npc I think, but Kafra rents cart, and there is a peco peco breeder northwest of Pront.

Best of luck to ya!

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
08-29-2007 08:37 AM
finklestein Offline

i was thinkin of goin to GH prisons with my mage as soon as possible if i cna get there. Theres usualy a shortcut somewhere on every server ive played to get there. Like you insult said NPC and they warp you their as punishment. But, if theres none of that ill probably do firebolt at geos and sell loot because thats the next best thing.
08-29-2007 10:57 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

A good amount of money to start out fast is 300-500k. It all depends on how many pots you plan to use. You can easily get by with only 100k if you don't use pots at all. That would require leveling at places with lots of healing items that drop such as toy factory or 1 east of ayothoya.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
08-29-2007 12:33 PM
finklestein Offline

300-550k sounds reasonable, and ill have myself a nicely levelled mage to boot. My only concern now is where toi level my knight post orc dungeon once he gets to that point. Brandishing in there will probably be good till 70 on level 2. I was thinking of partying with a priest in niff 1 and 2 with gear built to kill demons with brandish, and with asperesio i could probabvly kill pretty well running a str/vit build with priest buffs and heals.
08-29-2007 12:49 PM
Diallo Offline
I Love The Barenaked Ladies. <3

Where you train your mage is great. as for knight, That depends. For brandish though, get a firelance (If you can, i'll probalby let you borrow mine) Then go in niff2 with yellow~white potions, Good loot and AMAZING exp, probably good to go at level 80, though.
As for what huntress said about fish, You'll want to fish on your merchant. Trust me, i've fished on my crusader and i'm not nearly as happy with it then with my merch, (Reborned Crusader, so pally doesn't have that much weight due to MR build)

But enough about that, If i have any spare money / equips i'll let you know, I'm geared for swordie classes, Attempteing to gear up a hunter, but yeah, that's just me. But honestly, leveling your mage in GH might be annoying, because you have to walk there, and get a save point, and really, really smart. When i started out, i got lucky and got helped a lot, you have a plan though, and i can see this plan working out VERY nicely.

well, If you do wanna know more, just ask me in game.
Main character IS Kaz. But i'm usually on Stuntbum (My hunter) If i'm not bioing / PvPing. (Merchant is OC/DC Slave if i'm fishing)

Best of luck to you. ^_^;;

[Image: Stuntbum-1.jpg]
08-29-2007 01:48 PM
finklestein Offline

alright, thanks for the advice, ill keep you in mind should i ever need help/gear sto borrow. But wouldnt a quad strouf pike (strouf does 20% more to demons) with asperesio do a ridiculous amount more than a fire lance? I mean sure, youd need a pet priest or a party member to keep that buff going, but the price seems right to me when they cna also bless and heal you to make it so nobody needs pots, as well as killing/levelling much faster doing ridiculous damage with brandish with the properly carded pike/buffs.(although im guessing getting those 4 strouf cards would be quite tough)

You could also use a 2 handed four slotted spear for more power, but then youd lsoe out ona shield, which would be very valuable in niff considering a khalitzburg card can make you take alot less damage.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2007 02:10 PM by finklestein.)
08-29-2007 02:05 PM