Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Missing Variable Since the SVN Update!
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Missing Variable Since the SVN Update!

Since the SVN update some players are missing variables (such as quests that were done or warps that were unlocked, etc.) This is because the new SVN was limited to 96 player-based variable. This is probably enough for a non-customized server, but we've got so many quests on heRO that we go well over that number. We tried our best to iron out as many bugs as possible on the test server, but I suppose we never went over that number. So long story short, we're really sorry for the lost information.

The bug was fixed on tuesday, allowing people with 96 variables to once again be able to save new ones, but the ones that were lost are still lost.

If you're missing an important variable, please post it here:
Name of the player + What the variable is (which quest and npc?)

If you had unlocked it BEFORE the SVN update, I will go retrieve it in a backup of the database and restore it. Trying to ask for something that was NOT unlocked before the SVN update will be seen as a (minor) offense, we've got enough work as it is, don't try to trick us. If you tried to unlock a variable after the SVN update and it was not kept, unfortunatly it is lost.

We sincerely appologize for the inconvenience.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-01-2007 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: Missing Variable Since the SVN Update!

i dunno all cause i only tryed to warp to umbala but my umbala town warp was forgotten.

Anaksunamun ,, umbala town save warp thing

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2007 03:31 PM by ShadesOfBlue.)
09-01-2007 01:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Okama Zodiac Pallette and Styla NPC =[

Oh but wait... appearance isn't as important as function..... nvm
09-01-2007 02:03 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I seem to notice a lost warp every other day. I'll check some quests and see what else I lost. Lost sept on the zodiac quest. Lost yuno, umbala, lutie, ant hell, sunken ship, thana tower, toy factory, turtle dungeon.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2007 05:20 PM by Kadar.)
09-01-2007 05:02 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'll need character and precise variable if you want it retrieved Kadar.

~ Server Admin ~
09-01-2007 05:08 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Character is Kadar. I probably lost warps on other characters but I can't remember which I had on them.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
09-01-2007 05:21 PM
Kyasharin Offline
The Killer's Requiem

This reminds me of a story my computer science teacher told me yesterday. He was talking about how important extensive test cases were, and that planning tests in the design phase is the thumbs-up way to go, and he was reminded of this robot car that went around a track.

Apparently, the car had been through testing, and it was this expensive project and all, and everyone was all excited about it ("ZOMG IT WORKS?!"). This thing could see and race around for itself, without a hard-wired route. Then, when the team brought it out for a demo, there was a shadow of a tree on the track, which the programmers never included in their test cases. So when it came down to it, the car started moving and it was all fine and stuff, then it passed under the shadow, and it just zoomed straight off and crashed into a tree. Perhaps they didn't think about that.

I can't imagine how that feels. Having something as trivial as a shadow screw up months of hard work.

I guess this is a wake-up call for everyone who wants to create software (whether it be a video game or missile defense system), telling us that leaving out a possible scenario in our tests can be quite troublesome.

Sorry for the random interjection. I actually didn't lose anything (I just started, so I didn't have a lot of warp saves/quests under my belt =D). Right. Uhh. My condolences to those who lost variables.

The Killer's Requiem - NaNoWriMo '07
----------------------------------
Third Sight (main) - 5x/1 SG (soon to be blind!)
Zephyros - 5x/2x Assassin =P
The Last Requiem - 23/16 Thief (Gank Rogue to be)
09-01-2007 05:37 PM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

RE:??Missing Variable Since the SVN Update!

Kyasharin Wrote:This reminds me of a story my computer science teacher told me yesterday. He was talking about how important extensive test cases were, and that planning tests in the design phase is the thumbs-up way to go, and he was reminded of this robot car that went around a track.

Apparently, the car had been through testing, and it was this expensive project and all, and everyone was all excited about it ("ZOMG IT WORKS?!"). This thing could see and race around for itself, without a hard-wired route. Then, when the team brought it out for a demo, there was a shadow of a tree on the track, which the programmers never included in their test cases. So when it came down to it, the car started moving and it was all fine and stuff, then it passed under the shadow, and it just zoomed straight off and crashed into a tree. Perhaps they didn't think about that.

I can't imagine how that feels. Having something as trivial as a shadow screw up months of hard work.

I guess this is a wake-up call for everyone who wants to create software (whether it be a video game or missile defense system), telling us that leaving out a possible scenario in our tests can be quite troublesome.

Sorry for the random interjection. I actually didn't lose anything (I just started, so I didn't have a lot of warp saves/quests under my belt =D). Right. Uhh. My condolences to those who lost variables.
Lol i think i heard about that too.

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
09-08-2007 12:09 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Both those chars had a certain map unlocked before the update, but now they lost it. Fix plx

Bloody Fist - Ant Hell
Pure Maiden - Ant Hell
09-08-2007 03:45 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

ShadesOfBlue -> Done
The Legendary Joe -> Done
Bloody you already unlocked them again, sorry for the delay I'd rather not mess with the dabatase while server is on.
Kadar you'll have to be more precise if you want a variable retrieved.

~ Server Admin ~
09-10-2007 08:19 PM