Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How you Chose yer Char Names?
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

How you Chose yer Char Names?

I guess I'll go first. Teo was the name of my parrot when I was like 4 years old and I wanted to make a name that commemorated him but I also wanted it to be original and sounding nice. So I tried many consonants until I enjoyed the sound of Teot, pronounced Tea-ot.
My Other character is SuperNatural. I wanted something that sounded like Magic and didn't feel like Taking Supertition because it sounded corny. So SuperNatural it is!

What are yer methods?

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2007 12:06 AM by Teot.)
09-24-2007 12:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pure Offline

RE: How you Chose yer Char Names?

Steal em from another forum. ;D
Every name except from this 1. Icon_razz
09-24-2007 12:35 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Quite simple.....its the name i go by. Very complicated process i must say.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
09-24-2007 04:47 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Hmm My first character was Okama, which essentially means Crossdresser in Japanese, and since I'm a man using a female sprite, I thought it fit.

Then abuncha people in game thought I ripped my name off of some game I've never played (which was apparently awesome) called Okami, which means Wolf in that Japanese fandom thing again.

Then people decided I needed a name they can call me by regardless of which character I'm using. So then they stuck me with Oka.

Ever since then I've been naming my characters Oka- then whatever syllable or word's on my mind, Like Okahi, Okanana (Which is fun to say Like OKANANANANNANANANANANANANAA, but then again, I just had my morning expresso when I made that char), and so on and so forth.

Of course my secret chars deviate from the Oka- naming scheme, and you can never be sure who they are.

Outside of the game, Teh Legendary Joe, cuz Joe's my real name, and I like to glorify myself.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2007 05:46 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-24-2007 05:45 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Swift-I just thought it'd be a good name for a Sinx, you know the best one. Icon_wink
Tibalt-I was looking for a cool sounding original name that meant something in another language, I found Tibalt which actually means "People's Prince" in Greek(I think it was Greek)

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2007 05:47 PM by SwiftStrike.)
09-24-2007 05:46 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Metatron - One of my Full Support Acolytes (I have one to play in general, and one for partying with my friends who play int he same house as I do), is named after a mythological being in Judeo-Christian heritage. He is, according to some texts, a lesser version of God himself. The whole idea behind Metatron's Cube is cool, too.

Furby - My friend-party-only FS Acolyte is named after a nickname I earned with a few of my friends.

Asmodeus - My Assassin is named ater the Lord of the Nine Circles of Hell in Dungeons and Dragons mythology. I like him ^_^

Mephistopheles - My Rogue is named after the Lord of the Flies, and is so named because he lies and steals (rogue!)

Albus Dumbledore - He's my wizard. I'm not sure where I got this name /heh

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-24-2007 08:47 PM
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

LOL
that's really cool naming azurerogue. I think, I THINK, not sure but yer into mythology Icon_razz
I just finished reading Lord of the Flies too! That was a spooky and weird chapter.

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
09-24-2007 09:17 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Definitely into fantasy/mythology. Icon_biggrin

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-24-2007 09:29 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Wasn't there a thread for this already? Thinking

Alexander (Lord Knight) - I roleplayed a character named Alexander before. And it became my first RO name to use- consequently. Although Alexander was originally for a long long long....long time until this server- a Sin X. But yeah.

Hayate (Assassin Cross) - Once upon a time, like 10 years ago, there was something called the Sega Saturn. And it came out with an amazing game that no one has ever heard of. Dragon Force. It was a strategy game of sorts. In the game, there was a secret / hidden character named Hayate, who is widely and well-foundedly believed to be the best Ninja in the game. Ninjas become assassins at some point anyway for the title. So close enough.

Arion (High Wizard) - Random name generator. At some point, someone in the FF series was named Arion apparently. I've given that name to my mages ever since.

Shinobu (Creator) - From the Love Hina anime / manga series. Shinobu was the youngest of the girls in the house; the shy, sensitive, innocent and cute one. Personally, if I was the main character- I would have opted to uh-....well, I'll tell you when you're older. Shinobu ftw about explains it.

Tristan (Stalker) - Random. No seriously. Just a name, with actually no backing to it. I never intended for it to be a serious character, just a gank rogue card hunter. And then a year later...

Leon (Monk) - Also from the Dragon Force series. He was the leader of Topaz nation, and was also, a monk! As far as monks went, he was the pwnage one.

Gades (Crusader) - Once upon a time, before Sega Saturn, AND Dragon Force, was the Super Nintendo. One of the best RPGs of all time was made for the Super Nintendo. Lufia. Gades was one the four sinistrals (which were more or less evil gods). The God of destruction, and the juggernaut of the 4. Seemed fitting.

Tara (Priestess) - Also, from a roleplay. Although this one was a character someone else roleplayed. /shrug

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but I think I covered the more well-known ones anyway. And some of them, you don't need to know anyway. No1
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2007 11:06 AM by Alexander.)
09-25-2007 11:04 AM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Alexander Wrote:Wasn't there a thread for this already? Thinking
yes, but why buy one when you can get two for twice the price X3

and... once upon a time there was a super nintendo... lol... i was around for the 'original' nintendo... thanks for making me feel old Alex x_x

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
09-25-2007 02:23 PM